Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:05 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 3:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:54 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: DVD Recorder help?

Warnings: 0
I want to convert a VHS tape to DVD. When I switch the recorder off, the picture is fine. But when I switch it on, the picture flashes repeatedly. I really need help with this as I need to convert the VHS tape as soon as possible.

Simon F

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:20 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

jiveclive wrote:
I want to convert a VHS tape to DVD. When I switch the recorder off, the picture is fine. But when I switch it on, the picture flashes repeatedly. I really need help with this as I need to convert the VHS tape as soon as possible.

Have you tried tuning the DVD recorder into the AV channel, playing the video and then recording onto the DVD? I've done that plenty of times and never had any problems.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:31 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

Simon F wrote:
jiveclive wrote:

Have you tried tuning the DVD recorder into the AV channel, playing the video and then recording onto the DVD? I've done that plenty of times and never had any problems.

I've tuned it into EX2. But I'll take your advice.

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

Still flashes :? Well the tape is quite old.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:40 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

Hi, sort of linked to this, so I'd thought I'd post it here.

I have been trying recently to save some of my video files from my computer onto a DVD-RW disc, but I can't seem to convert them to the necessary "VIDEO_TS" files needed for this to work. I can send it to youtube and stuff but not actually save it to disc which would be handy to watch on a DVD player.

Basically all I need to know is how to save a Youtube video to DVD, then, and all I get from websites is complicated systems that don't work... any ideas that are really easy?

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

tr4962

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:25 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

StatsMan wrote:

I have been trying recently to save some of my video files from my computer onto a DVD-RW disc, but I can't seem to convert them to the necessary "VIDEO_TS" files needed for this to work. I can send it to youtube and stuff but not actually save it to disc which would be handy to watch on a DVD player.

Basically all I need to know is how to save a Youtube video to DVD, then, and all I get from websites is complicated systems that don't work... any ideas that are really easy?

I use a programme called 'convertXtoDVD' it basically converts them to the VIDEO_TS file, and when done it will write them as well using the same problem, if you download it as a trial version, by searching for it in google, i can send you the serial code for it by PM or email. you can use it to burn up to 3 hours 40 mins a DVD.
However one thing i wouldn't recommend is burning them to a DVD-RW. because i don't think they can be viewed on a DVD player unless you finalise them. So DVD-Rs may also be the best option.

Many apologises to Jiveclive as i can't respond to your problem, its just that computer video files etc are more my forte. My parents have a DVD recorded and i have no idea how to use it :lol:

jiveclive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:13 pm    Author: jiveclive    Post subject: Re: DVD Recorder help?

tr4962 wrote:
StatsMan wrote:

I use a programme called 'convertXtoDVD' it basically converts them to the VIDEO_TS file, and when done it will write them as well using the same problem, if you download it as a trial version, by searching for it in google, i can send you the serial code for it by PM or email. you can use it to burn up to 3 hours 40 mins a DVD.
However one thing i wouldn't recommend is burning them to a DVD-RW. because i don't think they can be viewed on a DVD player unless you finalise them. So DVD-Rs may also be the best option.

Many apologises to Jiveclive as i can't respond to your problem, its just that computer video files etc are more my forte. My parents have a DVD recorded and i have no idea how to use it :lol:

Haha thats alright tr4692. The problem is solved anyways :)

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]