Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:18 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sardine and Tomato Paste
Delicious 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
It's OK 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Disgusting 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Never tried it 66%  66%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 15

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:08 am    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Warnings: 0
Now you may have noticed over the past few weeks, Hammondstar has been making references to Sardine and Tomato paste.....

Now personally I can't stand it, much prefer Marmite on my toast on in my sandwich but Hammondstar adores it and eats it by the lorry load.

We're very interested to see what everyones opinions are on this fishy spread.

P.S If you have never tried it before then I wouldn't advise it.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:09 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Never tried and nor would I wanna, give me Blackcurrant Jam anyday woooo.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:09 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll
Administrator & Global Moderator

Never tried it.

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:25 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Paste... you'd never know what goes into it... marmite.. cheese... jam.... all good.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:38 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Never tried it.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:51 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Maybe it's the Quavers that do it for her...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

hammondstar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 am    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Sols let me know about this thread and I've decided to clear it up for once and for all.

It's sort of a running joke in our family that Sols still eats paste and, although the paste somehow gets eaten, he still maintains that it isn't him who does it. Now, I'm almost certain that it's not my parents who enjoy the odd sandwich every now and again, and so it's become funny to make fun of Solskjaer's eating habits purely because he himself wont own up to them. I'm sure if he did we wouldn't all feel the need to make fun of him so much.

I'll accept the blame for making the odd posts about paste and quavers, but I had nothing to do with this poll or its origins. Nor do I 'eat it by the truck load'.

And yes, I like quavers as an occaisional crispy snack - but they dont do anything for me as was suggested by Big-Davey. Some best friend you turned out to be.

Daisy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:01 am    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

I havent a *beep* clue wahts going on but i Like the word delicisous so i'M Voting with that
:-D

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:27 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll
Forum Games Moderator

Yuck.

No offense Sols! :P

Last edited by Skyline on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:57 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Oi! There is nothing wrong with Quavers! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:59 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Never tried it but sounds nice...

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:21 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, I haven't had any for years but I need some now :roll:

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:26 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll
Forum Games Moderator

I'm high, and I'm voting for DELIXCIOUS even though I hate the stuff.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:46 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Never tried it.

collydolly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:05 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Just had to go and buy some today :oops:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:19 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Never tried it.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:13 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Hammondstar wrote:
Solskjaer's always been partial to a few cheesy Quavers.

As long as they're sandwiched between a bit of tesco sardine & tomato 'squidgy' paste.

I've been reading alot of old threads on the forum of late (mainly out of boredom) and after reading this thread again, I went out and bought some Princes sardine and tomato paste and some Quavers today, because I'm random and quite open to try new things.

Well, I got it home, opened the pot and...well...it smelt nice, it didn't look particularly appetising but I shrugged and thought I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it. Well, I tried some and erm...let's just say that I won't be wasting 58p on that ever again. It was bloody disgusting! The taste was so vile and the texture was all grainy and bitty and ewww. :smt078 I like fish in general, but fish paste? Eurgh!

So I just ate the Quavers on their own in the end and threw the paste away. Hmmm at least I can say that I've tried it.

Well isn't this post oh so random lol.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:27 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Haha - there we go then guys, myth BUSTED! :P

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll
Administrator & Global Moderator

I've had both fish paste and Quavers before (although not at the same time) and I didn't like either. I think I preferred the fish paste to the Quavers though. :eyes:

hammondstar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:41 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: Solskjaer/Hammondstars Poll

Solskjaer's always been partial to a few cheesy Quavers.

As long as they're sandwiched between a bit of tesco sardine & tomato 'squidgy' paste.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]