Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 10:13 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Warnings: 0
Haha! I was going to go to bed about 1am but then I caught Love Actually on ITV2 - by the time it'd finished it was nearly 3am! :lol:

Still managed to wake up about 9 though, I was quite happy! :P

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:01 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Forum Games Moderator

I woke up about 20 times during the "night" (it was actually morning before I got into bed anyway, I was busy on my computer), but managed to wake up at about 8. Not many prezzies for me this year, I don't deserve any anyway.

But I did get a Canon scanner/copier thing from my nan, where before I'd been walking the 4 miles to her house to scan my photos. And a lamp, from Gary Karm-I mean, Father Christmas...(they got the "father" bit right, at least)...oh, and a few books, some alarm clock that looks like a time bomb and 4 or 5 books on photography.

And £100 that'll go towards a nice Canon EOS 450D when I can be bothered to save up the whole £449.99 or thereabouts. I should add that I still owe £60 to a few people I know. They'll probably settle for a tenner though.
On the subject of cameras, my current EOS 1000F is good enough, only it's an old film SLR and the general upkeep of the whole thing costs a hell of a lot more than I actually have.

On the whole then, the hardest christmas I've had to go through on the emotional, mental side of things, but if I was "back to normal" by now I'm sure I'd have said it was absolutely brilliant.
I'd be lying, but still.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:21 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Christmas is now over :(

Just to point out the obvious again :)

Hope everyone had a good one.

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:59 am    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

This was one of the best yet. So good.

Mirror's Edge ftw. AND... guess who's going to Disney...
:-D

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Oh you're NOT!!! :shock:

I'm well jealous! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

alex xxx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:58 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

OMG daniel123 the canon eos450d is flipping fab!!!!! we got it like 8 months ago its ab fab!!! honest although you cant use the viewing screen thingy in auto mode! grrrrr x

Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:23 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Global Moderator

mike wrote:

Don't be silly! It's not over 'til New Year! :P

daniel123

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Forum Games Moderator

Jimmy wrote:
mike wrote:

Don't be silly! It's not over 'til New Year! :P

Christmas never happened for me at all.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Maud

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:52 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Bored already.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Forum Games Moderator

Really, Maud is bored?

alex xxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:00 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

whoo that rhymes! what did everyone get for christmas???

hammondstar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:03 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

Stuff

alex xxx

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:06 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

innit

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:47 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas
Forum Games Moderator

£111.59

collydolly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:29 pm    Author: collydolly    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

daniel123 wrote:
£111.59

Didn't you do well :D

I got 2 bottles of red wine, I don't drink :evil:

Chocolates, I'm on a diet :evil:

And a lovely calendar with pictures of two of my Grand-Children :D

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:05 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

I feel old every Autumn and New Year. :?

Tugger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:03 pm    Author: Tugger    Post subject: Re: Merry Christmas

I had a great Christmas! :D

I got Golden Balls on the DS which is good after you've played it a few times.
Also got, an Eee PC which is like a Laptop but really minature and much easier to carry around than a Laptop.
Also a few PS3 games which were Call of Duty 5, Fallout 3 and Little Big Planet. LBP is crap if you ask me, I don't get why its so popular.
A lot of Chocolates, some Lynx, some Clothes and Alexandra Burkes single.
And finally, Telly Addicts for the Computer.

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]