Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:35 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 10:35 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

Should we join the euro?
Yes, we need change 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
No, I'm happy with the pound 82%  82%  [ 14 ]
No, I'm happy with the giro 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

Noel_Blobby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:05 am    Author: Noel_Blobby    Post subject: Should we join the euro?

Warnings: 0
Includes a special option for chavs.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:11 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

HELL NO.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

It's really hard to say. Sure the pound should be saved, but if we joined the Euro it'd mean an end to bureau de change visits for European holidays...also we'd have a far more secure currency...albeit a tad less valuable :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:34 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?
International Forums Moderator

ROFL at option 3!

I'm leaning yes right now, because of the stability issue, the potential benefits to British manufacturers (those worth saving at least) from a lack of exchange rate fluctuations, and my general belief that Britain has rejected Europe and fled into America's arms far too much.

The primary intellectual (as opposed to symbolic/jingoistic) argument the other way is a lack of monetary policy independence. I'm no longer sure that makes a difference, as the Bank of England has handled this crisis worse than the European Central Bank, and look at where our 'fiscal independence' got us over the last few years - it just allowed us to blow an epic bubble which has now burst.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Daisy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:46 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

Erm looks like I'm in an obvious minority here.

I want you guys to join because then I wouldn't lose money when I go to Northern Ireland, which I do on a weekly basis.

Although, the rates are going well for me atm. €1 = 86p. Best they've been since forever.
:-D

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:45 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?
Global Moderator

I'm all for leaving the Union altogether, and no, I don't want European money. I'm British.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:24 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

No.

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:42 am    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

Daisy wrote:
Erm looks like I'm in an obvious minority here.

I want you guys to join because then I wouldn't lose money when I go to Northern Ireland, which I do on a weekly basis.

Although, the rates are going well for me atm. €1 = 86p. Best they've been since forever.
:-D

Yeah yeah.... we gave you enough chances to be with us and have the sterling so you would never need to do that but noooo Ireland had to throw a little tantrum... :roll: :P

Long like the quid!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:05 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

Nope. Definitely not.

garylq

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:34 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Should we join the euro?

No :!:

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]