Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 4:01 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 4:01 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 

Goldeneye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:08 pm    Author: Goldeneye    Post subject: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

Warnings: 0
Well, I wonder why it took me so long to do this, but I will be there at the end of this month.

I will probably only have 1 1/2 days for weekend London sightseeing, so what are don't misses that can fit for that period.

My list so far includes Changing Of The Guards at both Buckingham and Whitehall and at least one museum, probably the British Museum.

Also, I am considering buying a GSM cell phone while there. What do you recommend as a provider for the SIM card?

Thanks again!

In the audience for Den's (2-Mar-2009, Show #974), Hannah's (3-Mar-2009, Show #975) and Rich's (4-Mar-2009, Show #976) episodes.
Probably the only non-UKer to be in the audience ever...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

Orange is a very reliable network, probably one of the easiest to use as well.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Daisy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

Two words: Alton Towers.

Though the season has probably finished. And also, it's a bit of a drive from London.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:15 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

It normally closes about the end of October, so yeah... :|

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:29 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

London Eye is a must! It is a right in the middle of London and you can see everything from up there. Big Ben and the Houses of Parliment are near to! Could go and see a show in the west end? I would reccomend a show called Blood Brothers. A fantastic show about twins who are seperated at birth! If you like a cry that is the one!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:20 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

Big-Davey wrote:
Orange is a very reliable network, probably one of the easiest to use as well.

Pfft Virgin Mobile is much better!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:21 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

:lol: Shush.

I never said I LIKED Orange anyway...:P

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:33 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

London Eye, Boat on the River Thames, A West End show... Blood Brothers is by the best show but try We Will Rock You or Les Mis, 2 great shows (my friend is in the first one).

I am a Londoner, it really is the best place to go seriously.

Oooh and try shopping down Oxford Street if you feel brave.

Billy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:29 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

You can actually walk in no time at all from Covent Garden, to Leicester Square, to Piccadilly Circus, to Trafalgar Square, past Downing Street, to Big Ben/Houses of Parliament, to the London Eye. They're all really close together and Google Maps says just over half an hour walking duration, and I've taken that journey loads of times in the past when I've finished college and have had time to kill.

Then if you like you can continue walking down the River Thames, past City Hall where Boris Johnson lives, and get to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London!

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

I hope you have a great time over this side of the pond Goldeneye.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:52 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Will be headed to the UK for the first time ever

You can shop in M&S... Or do they have those in America?

[ 11 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]