Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:56 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 8:56 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?
I use one for keeping track of appointments etc. 15%  15%  [ 3 ]
I use one to write what has happened each day to keep a record of my life 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
I post regularly to an online blog 25%  25%  [ 5 ]
I don't have a diary 55%  55%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 20

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:39 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
The question is in the topic title...

I didn't used to keep a diary as such but we always used "Homework Diaries" at school to keep track of homework, lessons, timetables, school trips, term dates etc. I do use a proper diary now to keep track of similar things... lectures, when work's due in and other things.

I've never kept a diary to keep a record of my life though. I know a lot of people like to write about their day each day, what they did, what they felt like and so on, and I partly regret that I never did that. However I doubt I'd ever want to read back and read my ramblings, I certainly wouldn't want to particularly read about any bad days as it'd bring back bad memories! Therefore I never intend to keep a diary for that reason either.

I don't have a blog either and again never would... I don't understand it really when people have public daily blogs as I think some of the stuff I've seen on such blogs should remain behind closed doors. :shock:

Daisy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:14 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I use a program called Journaler for keeping track of work stuff/appointments/finance etc. It's the best thing ever.

AND

I have a bloggy, which is great fun. You should get one for sure H, they aren't all as dumb and annoying as the big corporate ones.

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Craig

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:20 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Ive got to keep a blog for uni for "Reflective learning" and i need to get a diary of some kind to help keep track of dates. Ive got soo many things comming up with Assessments, birthdays, trips etc, i need a place to right everything down!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

i dont keep either but i do use my calendar on my phone to keep appointments and meetings in.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:22 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I had a homework diary at school and college, and have always been tempted to keep a blog, but I don't agree with Daisy's quote that a daily dose of tech RSS feeds "is like *beep* for a techno junkie"! :lol:

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:37 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Craig wrote:
Ive got to keep a blog for uni for "Reflective learning"

Haha oh yes that reminds me of the "personal development plan" thing we were supposed to do in year 1, which I assume was a diary of learning or something similar. It was mentioned briefly to us at the very start of year 1. A quarter of the way through year 3, and I've still yet to hear more information about it. :lol: What makes me think they scrapped it and didn't tell anyone...

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I have nothing nor neither... I had a blog... got bored of it after a week.

(I also voted before but now I have to vote again... rude)

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:51 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I don't see why you have to vote again. :?

Maybe you should set up a blog and write "I feel depressed now as I had to vote again. I want someone to save me NOW"? :smt047

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:53 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

h2005 wrote:
I don't see why you have to vote again. :?

Maybe you should set up a blog and write "I feel depressed now as I had to vote again. I want someone to save me NOW"? :smt047

Well maybe you should :smt019

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:56 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Thursday, 23rd October, 2008

11:56pm

I feel depressed now as Tom22 has told me to write this. I want someone to save me NOW.

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:00 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

My blog currently has 886 entries, made in just under two-and-a-half years. That's even more entries than there are broadcast episodes of Deal or No Deal.

I don't actually have a life.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I don't have one.

I suppose though if you did keep one and in 50+ years time or whatever it would make an interesting read for yourself.

Dear Diary: 23rd October 2008 - I went to work and then returned home. Once home I watched Deal or No Deal as I always do and had something to eat. Proceeded to watch a bit more TV and then paid a visit to dond.co.uk. I then decided to upload a clip from today's DOND on to YouTube and browse the dond.co.uk forums a bit more.

Exciting :smt047

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Friday 24th October 2008, 12.04am

Agrees with his namesake David that a certain Tom character is endorsing widespread depression...is now wondering what action to take to resolve said situation...

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Daisy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:36 am    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Big-Davey wrote:
...(I) have always been tempted to keep a blog, but I don't agree with Daisy's quote that a daily dose of tech RSS feeds "is like *beep* for a techno junkie"!

Dude for sure I'll build a bloggy for you.

If you don't agree with the quote about tech news being *beep* for a techno junkie, you obviously aren't a techno junkie. :P

BTW, why is *beep* beeped on here? It's not rude or offensive. Is it...?

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:16 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Relax - I was looking for an excuse to say it on here! :P It's the stuff of life after all! :lol:

Billy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:15 pm    Author: Billy    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I have a dusty old cassette tape somewhere that has me talking about my life (alongside other random crap) that ranges from when I was 9 to when I was 12. My plan was to keep doing new tapes for years, but, erm, I forgot after the first one.

I got an online journal five years ago and still update it today. It's highly uninteresting but sometimes it can be cool to see how I've changed since I was 15.

garylq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:49 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

No, can't be arsed.

Tom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:13 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

Nope.

jivealex

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:16 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

no they are sad tbh

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:16 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (37) - Do you keep a diary / blog?

I've got my own blog on Blogger, appropriately titled Mad Mark's World. I haven't updated it in a bit, but I use it a means of rambling on and on about numerous topics :D .
You can view it here: http://www.madmark77.blogspot.com

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]