Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:00 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Warnings: 0
Yes, this is very random. But I'm curious.

Has anyone used the Oral B Triumph electric toothbrush?

It's £70 ( :shock: ) in Argos currently, reduced from £140 :shock: :shock: .

I saw it online and wanted to buy it (from Argos), but they're out of stock for home delivery AND EVERY store within a huuuuge radius of my house, infact, I haven't yet found a store with it in stock.

It's been like it for a few days now, and I wondered why. THEN I came across that apparently it was the number one in the "top five" on last week's Gadget Show, so perhaps that's why? :ponder:

Anyway, yes, how many of you use (or have previously used) it?

Quote:
Manufacturer's Description: Get a smile you can feel triumphant about. Achieve whiter teeth and healthier gums than you ever thought possible. Experience Oral-B Triumph – a triumph over ordinary brushing.

The experts at Oral-B introduce the Triumph with SmartGuide – a remote wireless display that tells you when you’re brushing too hard, when to switch sides and how long to brush. It’s clinically proven to help improve your brushing habits within 30 days. And it’s the only brand to be approved by the British Dental Health Foundation.

Braun Oral-B Triumph with SmartGuide is a significant advancement in rechargeable toothbrushes, setting new standards in customisation, feedback mechanisms, and overall brushing design.

What is Smart Technology?

It is built into Oral-B Triumph brushheads and Wireless guide to provide you with interactive feedback during brushing to help you brush you best everyday.

Wall mountable bathroom clock: It has a range of 5m so you can fix the wireless unit to a wall or simply stand on a shelf. And when it’s not being used, it turns into a bathroom clock.

SmartGuide Features:

Brushing Timer: Guides you to brush for the dentist recommended 2 minutes.

Visual Pressure Alert: SmartGuide will set off a visual warning to help you keep control of brushing and protect your gums from brushing too hard.

Quadrant Prompt: Prompts you after 30 seconds to change the quadrant and helps you to brush thoroughly across all 4 quadrants of your mouth.

Replace Brushhead: Dentists recommend you change your toothbrush every 3 months (brushing twice a day for 2 minutes). Triumph with SmartGuide memorises your absolute brushing time, and tells you when you should replace it, to ensure that you brush with an optimality performing toothbrush.

Customize your brushing experience with three unique brushing modes. With the push of a button, choose the one that’s right for you.
Clean: Exceptional cleaning of teeth and gums.
Massage: Gentle stimulation of gums
Sensitive: Gentle, yet thorough cleaning for sensitive areas
Polish: Polishing and natural whitening of your teeth by removing stains

Innovative Attractive Design

You’ll enjoy the comfort and look of Oral-B Triumph.

* A unique, curved handle made of high-tech materials ensures a good grip and comfortable brushing
* An easy-to-read digital display communicates key information clearly
* A premium overall design ensures that you’ll like the way Oral-B triumph looks in your bathroom

Convenient Charging and Storage

Oral-B Triumph offers convenience at home – and on the go.

* The innovative, dishwasher safe base station provides storage for up to 4 attachments
* A portable SmartPlug charger with a multi-voltage plug makes travelling with Oral-B Triumph easy
* The SmartPlug charger can be attached to the base station to create a single storage and charging unit
* A travel case stores your brush when you’re on the go

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:48 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush
Administrator & Global Moderator

What happened to a normal toothbrush for about 99p? :eyes:

I have never used one and am quite shocked that they even exist... brushing your teeth correctly is of course important, but having a wireless display telling you how hard you're brushing, with the option of having 4 different types of brushing, is going over the top. :shock: :o

Tom22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

£140/£70 for a toothbrush... that is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen (and I've seen pictures of Maud and h2005). I dont understand the timer and the quadrant thing... could you not just get a clock and time yourself :ponder:

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:53 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

h2005 wrote:
What happened to a normal toothbrush for about 99p? :eyes:

I have never used one and am quite shocked that they even exist... brushing your teeth correctly is of course important, but having a wireless display telling you how hard you're brushing, with the option of having 4 different types of brushing, is going over the top. :shock: :o

I used to think like that, but then I thought "hmm, brushing your teeth is done twice a day and so if there's ANYTHING to spend money on, it's something you do regularly, so maybe it will be worth it".

Also, I'll now be paying for my dental treatment so perhaps if it works well I'll save in the long-run :lol:

ALSO, you can use different brush "heads", so all of my household could use it, making the average cost for each of us lower ;)

According to the 10 reviews on the Argos website, you CAN sense the difference when using this toothbrush in comparison to other electric ones.

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:55 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

And yes I agree about the uselessness of the wireless thing, but the toothbrush WITH the wireless thing is actually cheaper than WITHOUT, because of the half price deal Argos are doing

Maud

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:16 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Tom22 wrote:
I've seen pictures of Maud and h2005

Dont make me come to Wales and slap u... cos I will... its a sacrifice worth making.

Daisy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:38 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Dude I'm a serious gadget freak. You name it I got it. But this is stupid.

I'm fast losing faith in dentistry anyway. They're now going round saying that I can't eat fruit because it contains acid. But everyone else says I have to eat fruit because if I don't, I'll turn into a monster and die. All this "Don't drink the water, don't breath the air" nonsense.

In short, Steve, don't listen to these dumbass claims that a digital toothbrush will fill a void in your life that you may or may not know existed. For sure a Nintendo DS or working Wall E robot will do a far better job, trust me.
:-D

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:52 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

ROFL.

alex xxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:28 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Why the heck can't you just have a normal toothbrush? It's what I have and it suits me just fine! Flipping technology telling you how hard to press? Whatever! Waste of money! xxxxx

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:42 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

£70 for a toothbrush..thats just mad.

jivealex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:35 am    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

it's a toothbrush, noone cares

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:20 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

alex xxx wrote:
Why the heck can't you just have a normal toothbrush? It's what I have and it suits me just fine!

I'm sure that's what the candle users said when electricity was introduced ;-)

I still believe there to be potential in advancements within the teeth-cleaning industry :suspect:

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Steve wrote:
alex xxx wrote:
Why the heck can't you just have a normal toothbrush? It's what I have and it suits me just fine!

I'm sure that's what the candle users said when electricity was introduced ;-)

I still believe there to be potential in advancements within the teeth-cleaning industry :suspect:

Well there was a bit of advance in usefulness from the candle to electricity... At the moment a normal toothbrush could do as good a job at cleaning teeth as a £70 electric one (providing you can clean your teeth well). Are there not cheaper electric ones that you could get?

(After Gameweek 22)

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:17 pm    Author: Steve    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Tom22 wrote:
Well there was a bit of advance in usefulness from the candle to electricity... At the moment a normal toothbrush could do as good a job at cleaning teeth as a £70 electric one (providing you can clean your teeth well).

The point I was making was that how do you know a normal one can do just as well? ;)

I wouldn't consider a cheaper electric one... because as mentioned, I may as well use a manual one seeing as it does the same. But this one is more advanced, and the reviews seem to reflect that.

Daisy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:38 pm    Author: Daisy    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Steve, you've made me mad now. Mad at myself, though.

I'm going to get one. I saw them for €95 in Boots earlier.

*stands up*
Hello, my name is Daisy and I have a problem.
:oops:

Sure, you can come up with just the right paragraph that would exactly and candidly reflect the precise emotional descriptors you wished to be utilized in communicating your ever present and meticulously cultivated thoughts. Or you can just swear.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence and insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Daisyed & Confused
Proud receiver of Maudy hugs.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:13 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

£75 for a toothbrush? And you're seriously thinking about getting one?!

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Some people want their heads testing. Honestly. :smt011

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:16 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

Think about it in the long run though... how much do denchers cost nowadays? :smt047

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:22 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

They're free if you nick your granny's set now, and keep them safe for when you're old. :smt105

This is surely the set of teeth you need.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:24 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Oral-B Triumph Electric Toothbrush

h2005 wrote:
This is surely the set of teeth you need.

So thats where they went... :lol:

[I am joking, im not old enough to need dentures..]

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]