Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 4:44 am Last visit was: Sun May 19, 2024 4:44 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:49 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Best Internet Service Provider?
Administrator & Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
What ISP are you on and would you recommend it?

I'm with AOL and have been for about eight years, but having read about all the problems people are having since they've sold to Carphone Warehouse, I'm dreading it when they switch me to the CPW servers. What other ISPs would be good to switch to if things get too bad?

I'm not bothered about price (you could say I'm bothreed not) - I'd rather pay good money for a good service than cheap money for a crap service! I just don't want to end up spending good money on a crap service if AOL is finally going down the pan.

I've heard some people on BT have had problems - the same applies for Orange, TalkTalk (which is basically CPW and now AOL) and also Tiscali / Pipex who bought Pipex out. I wish they'd stop buying each other out, and maybe things would be ok. I've not heard many things about Sky Broadband - is this a good one to go with?!

P.S. I don't have cable where I live, so no cable for me! :evil:

alexb7873

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:20 am    Author: alexb7873    Post subject:

aohell are clearly the best

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:08 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

:lol: The best at what?

basicasic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:49 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

Over the years I have heard good and bad about virtually all of them. Many of the problems are not the fault of the ISPs either as they have to use some BT kit in the exchanges and of course BT lines to get to their servers.

Truth is at the cheap end of the market they're all the same. Cr*p.

BT Internet have been faultless for me over the last few years. But plenty of others have had patchy service and their support should you ever need it (all based in India) is an absolute nightmare. Your worst dream 10 times over.

If money was no object I would be with Clara (www.claranet.com) no question. Top service. Top support.

Here is a useful website to help you switch :

http://www.uswitch.com/Broadband

Good luck!

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:35 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

You probably know I'm with Virgin Media, and you also probably know I think they're quite crap.

It's a shame because I never had any problems with Telewest... :(

Would I recommend it? Of course...

...to an enemy.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

I used to have Telewest, but I now have Virgin media.

It's Okish. It ramdomly cuts off without any warning for a day sometimes, and the customer service is appauling when I phoned up, but it does the job;... most of the time :P

killersbee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:44 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject:

BT Broadband, you can't go wrong with it... :P

Lewis246

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject:

cookie_monster wrote:

It's Okish. It ramdomly cuts off without any warning for a day sometimes, and the customer service is appauling when I phoned up, but it does the job;... most of the time :P

Mine used to go through a daily ritual of disconnecting, taking an age to reconnect, then disconnecting straight away again.

Thankfully, the internet connection isn't that much of an annoying twunt anymore.

Unfortunately, their TV service annoys me now.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

Lewis246 wrote:
cookie_monster wrote:

Mine used to go through a daily ritual of disconnecting, taking an age to reconnect, then disconnecting straight away again.

Thankfully, the internet connection isn't that much of an annoying twunt anymore.

Unfortunately, their TV service annoys me now.

:lol: :lol:

We need a new box and a remote. I have to bash the remote against the table for it to work on the 'On Demand' Channels, and the box is so old, It's made by Telewest and the little door where you put the cards in has broken so we're using sellotape to hold it together. :shock:

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:59 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:

The internet service in the country as a whole is quite poor really, partly I believe due to the aging telephone system which won't be updated for another 2 or 3 years...

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]