Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:20 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:45 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Warnings: 0
He goes along fine and then BANG shoots himself in the foot... it's getting quite humorous. Why did he turn on Jack Straws father like that? Ridiculous.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:48 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Also you can see the only BNP supporter in the crowd... when the shot from the back is shown he is the only one clapping when everyone else isnt or not clapping whenever everyone is.

(After Gameweek 22)

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:35 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Did someone just call him a Knobend???

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:48 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Hmmm thats was a very nasty show to watch. QT is normally quite fair and balanced but that really did feel like a bit of a witch hunt and was never allowed to talk when every other panellist got lengthy spaces to answer. Still Griffin was an idiot and making stuff up and denying stuff youve been filmed saying wasnt clever...
Where was any questions about Gurkha's?
Where was the stuff about the Postal Strike?
Jack Straw does look like the Demon Headmaster doesnt he?
Bonnie Greer is a legend isnt she?

(After Gameweek 22)

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Administrator & Global Moderator

Tom22 wrote:
Jack Straw does look like the Demon Headmaster doesnt he?

He certainly does.

I don't really see the point of having Nick Griffin on the panel, as it was always going to cause a lot of tension and result in a show which was largely about what people thought of him and his beliefs. Not much else was discussed at all...

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:31 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I taped around 20 minutes of the protest off Channel 503- BBC News.

Shall keep it for posterity. :smt023

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:28 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Were you involved with it?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:32 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Tom22 wrote:
that really did feel like a bit of a witch hunt

It certainly does feel like that, even 12 hours after the show! I just caught a bit of ITV News, and they quoted Griffin as saying he found "gay kissing to be creepy". He didn't say that; he said he "thought a lot of people would find gay kissing in public to be creepy". It's amazing how a whole meaning of a sentence can be changed by omitting a few words.

Having said that, I can't stand Griffin and I hate the attitudes of his 'party'.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:12 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

h2005 wrote:
Were you involved with it?

No I wasn't, and I never would be.

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:30 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Tom22 wrote:
Bonnie Greer is a legend isnt she?

She really is.

h2005

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:19 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Hahahahaha, this is brilliant!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QAvkFS_ ... er_embedde

Amazing what some re-editing can do.

Nick Griffin: "I am thoroughly unpleasant and really creepy."
David Dimbleby: "Mr Griffin is a wicked and vicious, repulsive misguided twit."

alexandercbrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:09 pm    Author: alexandercbrown    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I agree with h that the having the show with griffin was a bit controversial as it would be lead to 'awkward debate' but I suppose they had to do it because of their MEPs.

With regards to what Tom said I suppose any 'representative audience' is going to be 94% against the bnp but maybe they should have restricted the questions to only 50% about the bnp.

Jimmy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:10 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Global Moderator

I despair for them I really do. The BBC that is.

tr4962

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:32 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

My opinion on the BNP/Nick Griffin situation is that they are allowed their opinion, and should not be treated like that for it. I do not agree with their policies at all, but they are entitled to believe whatever they want.

People that attack him are showing just as much discrimination as he does, as i don't believe people (even racists) can help their opinions. I don't think racism is good at all, but it often can't be helped, a lot of racist people haven't been properly educated about other races, or exposed to other races, therefore they become worried when confronted with these situations, then this can turn into hatred. Its very similar with homophobia - and why lots of older people and people from other religions are homophobic

I can't understand people who can't get it into their heads that everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether its food, music or important things such as this, i prefer ageism, sexism and racism to that.

H is absolutely right about what he said about homosexuality and the way the press twisted what he said. I find that absolutely unacceptable to change things like that to brainwash people.

I think some of the audience of question time were just there to follow like sheep and join in the witch hunt. and i can't quite understand Bonnie Greer as she was constantly insulting Griffin and saying his policies were immoral etc, then condoning an article against homosexuality saying democracy and freedom of speech are essential in a country or whatever (i can't remember her exact words, its too far back), but she doesn't seem to apply this to Griffin, and as for the audience member who called him 'Dick Griffin', that was a pathetic immature jibe.

I don't like the BNP, but this Question time was far too one sided for me

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:01 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

David Dimbleby to miss Question Time after encounter with bullock
Broadcaster knocked out by rearing animal as he tried to load it on to a trailer

The Guardian wrote:
David Dimbleby has grown used to the rough and tumble of dealing with politicians – including the BNP leader, Nick Griffin.

But the veteran broadcaster is to miss tonight's edition of BBC's Question Time after being knocked out by a bullock when it reared as he tried to load it on a trailer yesterday.

Dimbleby lost consciousness briefly and required stitches for a gash to his head. He was treated for concussion but was today said to be recovering well although he is staying in hospital as a precaution. The BBC said he was expected to return home soon and described the incident as "a minor farming accident".

Dimbleby, long-time anchor of the BBC's election coverage, also fronted A Picture of Britain, celebrating its art and landscapes, in 2004 and a follow-up on architecture, How We Built Britain, in 2007.

Dimbleby, 71, who lives with his wife Belinda Giles in East Sussex, said he hoped he would be back next week. "I haven't missed a Question Time in over 15 years. Trust my wife's bullock to take me out. I'll be giving bullocks a wide berth in future."

His place will be taken tonight by another whose style might be regarded as like a bull in a china shop – the Today programme and Mastermind presenter John Humphrys.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2009/no ... me-bullock

:shock: :lol:

Phil 09

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:10 pm    Author: Phil 09    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I think he talks bullocks anyway, the Nick Griffin affair proved that. (I don't support Griffin's racist terms but no-one let him have his say. Like a lamb to the slaughter that night in my honest opinion)

Quite ironic really that talking bullocks was seen to by a bullock. :ponder:

That said, BBC is a load of bullocks. ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 for me.

Well maybe ITV until January with this new 'I'm a celebrity' Why Katie Price again and according to research, being paid 5 times more than the other I've never heard of you, get off my LCD TV' members?

I really want to see Ant eat ants and Dec get decked. Now I'd pay to watch that.

Phil.

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:23 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I know this is probably more suitable for the SCD thread, but I thought I'd put it in here, following on from the story I posted about David Dimbleby not being able to present Question Time this week...

Bruce Forsyth will miss Strictly Come Dancing for the first time tomorrow night after battling a bad bout of flu.
The 81-year-old entertainer has never missed a show in the past five series of the BBC ballroom dancing series.

Daily Mail wrote:

BBC bosses are now desperately trying to find someone able to help Tess Daly present the show.

The much-loved presenter is said to be recovering at his home in Virginia Water, Surrey, with his wife Wilnelia caring for him.

A BBC source said: 'Bruce has got the flu and will miss the show on doctor's orders.

Bruce has often told how he puts so much into the show that he is forced to spend Sundays in bed to recover.

Speaking just a week ago, he revealed how he has to force himself to rest, saying: 'I can’t stay asleep because the adrenalin of doing a live show is still pumping round my body.

'Last Sunday, for instance, I got up at 6am. I was hungry, as I never eat much when I’m doing the show, so I went downstairs, made my porridge and watched Match of the Day.

'I watched television until about 9.30am, then went back to bed for a few hours. I got up for lunch, then went back to bed after lunch and watched football and golf on TV. Then in the evening, I got up again for an hour and had a cup of tea.

'Then it was back to bed for a normal night’s sleep. That’s my routine while I’m doing Strictly and on Monday mornings, I'm as good as new.'

He also follows a daily routine of exercises devised by Tibetan monks and is extremely careful about his diet, eating a breakfast of porridge, soya milk, raisins, cinnamon and dried blueberries.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z0WjmysOQD

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:22 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Yes. The Tibetan Monks are sure to work wonders.

Looking forward, actually, to seeing Jimmy White in the jungle. He's not so good at snooker thesedays so perhaps he might be worthwhile entertainment in Australia.

But quite how a fattish 47-year-old with a hairy chest washing himself on camera will compare with a 31-year-old in possession of a rather more appealing chest, is a different story..

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:14 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Regarding Strictly, it's now going to be Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman. With Tess doing Brucie's job and Claudia doing Tess's.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:50 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

And it was infact a strangely entertaining entrance from none other than Ronnie Corbett. Not that we saw any of him but the top of his wig, of course. But he was there, trust me.

Also in the world of Showbiz, I am sobered to report the death today of Edward Woodward, at the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro. He was 79 years of age, and will perhaps be best remembered for his roles in The Wicker Man (1973) and The Equalizer. Alongside many other acting roles including a total of 33 films, 23 television series and 16 theatre performances, he starred in 14 television specials and was known for his capabilities as a tenor. He won the Golden Globe award for Best Actor in 1986.

A life of achievements which came to a rather quick and unexpected end. If I had a glass next to me, I'd raise it to him..but I don't, so I won't pretend to.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]