Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:01 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:01 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:39 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Warnings: 0
Sad news about Patrick Swayze as well.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Administrator & Global Moderator

Quote:
Manure dumped at Clarkson's home

Climate change protesters have dumped a pile of horse manure at the home of Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson in a protest about vehicle emissions.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/oxfo ... 261287.stm

Hahaha. Brilliant stuff.

Tom22

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:20 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Why manure?! He is just going to get good roses out of this..

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:04 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

h2005 wrote:
Quote:
Bulgarian lottery repeat probed

The Bulgarian authorities have ordered an investigation after the same six numbers were drawn in two consecutive rounds of the national lottery.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8259801.stm

I bet that Derren Brown bloke is to blame!

That's not as bad as America. There, you can in fact purchase the correct lottery numbers from the operating company before the show - it's all fixed - enabling you to win the lottery.

Of course, for the small fee of around $10,000,000 on average.

With an average payout of about half that.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:57 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Quote:
Man Shoots Himself In Head While Teaching Gun Safety

James Looney knew the importance of gun safety. That's why he insisted on giving his girlfriend a lesson in it before taking her to a local shooting range.

Unfortunately he then proceeded to show her exactly what not to do, by fatally shooting himself in the head.

Source: http://www.asylum.co.uk/2009/09/22/man- ... un-safety/

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:18 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

BBC News wrote:
Broadband tax 'to be made law'

A controversial broadband tax should be law before the next election, according to Minister for Digital Britain Stephen Timms.

The 50 pence a month tax will apply to everyone with a fixed line telephone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8270772.stm

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:07 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Minister for Digital Britain.

A few words spring to the forefront of my mind when I hear of this title: Bloody waste of our money.

And besides, we were happy enough with analogue. There is no viable excuse for peoples' money to be almost burned in front of them in such a way. But the sooner Brown is out and replaced with....not Cameron or Clegg but a real person, the better.

I do wonder if anyone has suggested to Brown that he look for employment more according to his own level of skill and competence.

A shopkeeper, perhaps?

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

h2005 wrote:
Boris makes Eastenders appearance: Mayor of London Boris Johnson is to make a guest appearance on the BBC soap Eastenders later this year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 158056.stm

Apparently it was shown tonight, and sure enough, it's on Youtube. Not really that impressive though (assuming this clip shows all of his appearance).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj50YId7YQ4

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:52 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I am posting about my sheer DISGUST about what happened to disabled Charlie Roach, 15, in a Tesco in Clacton :cry:. This poor teenager, born withput the part of the brain that affects behaviour. His loving mother had given him a slice of chicken from a packet in her trolley to keep him quiet. Then he was chased by security guards, punched in the nose and pinned to the fllor, where he was suffocating, screaming and in terrible pain. He had boot marks on his face and nearly had his arm broken. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I tell you, if I had witnessed this those security guards would be sorry for ever existing :evil: :evil: :evil:

What do you think about this appalling news?

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:31 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread
Forum Games Moderator

Blimey. Quite unbelievable. That sort of treatment comes under the heading of Grievous bodily harm, well and truly so. Well, we're verging on full-on unprovoked assault here, aren't we?

Even if the guards could not have known of his condition, they certainly would not have been allowed to treat even a hardened shoplifter in such a way. Take them to court, I say.

h2005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:15 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Had she already bought the chicken slices?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:53 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I was going to say she'll know for next time!

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:34 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Charlie Roach's condition means that his Mother gives him a piece of Chicken from the basket for Charlie to eat so he can stay quiet, then it gets paid for at the checkout. The security guards were suspicious, they thought he was shoplifting, so all they had to do was ask him what the chicken was and he would have told them exactly.
The disgusting guards did not have to do ANY contact AT ALL! :evil:
Lock the b******s up! :evil:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

If this story is true, yes I believe they should be punished but at the same time they were just doing their job. And as we weren't there it is going to appear one-sided in the family's favour so none of us will probably know the truth. Therefore I can't really state what I think because we don't know for certain what happened, but I can use what material I have. It all seems far too innocent for him to get that. The security guards wouldn't have done that done that for just eating some chicken. You can't blame me for being skeptical. I also can't find anything about it on the internet which makes me wonder if the story is even real.

If it is real, maybe she shouldn't take him shopping in the future.

This isn't going to change my opinion of Tesco. I still think it is a brilliant store overall with good facilities and good staff. I've never had any problems with Tesco.

psychokiller

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:14 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I read it in the Sunday Mirror.

Even if it not as innocent as it appears, it still dosen't justify that attack on him.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:41 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

BBC News wrote:
New ring detected around Saturn

A colossal new ring has been identified around Saturn.

The dusty hoop lies some 13 million km (eight million miles) from the planet, about 50 times more distant than the other rings and in a different plane.

Scientists tell the journal Nature that the tenuous ring is probably made up of debris kicked off Saturn's moon Phoebe by small impacts. They think this dust then migrates towards the planet where it is picked up by another Saturnian moon, Iapetus.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8291905.stm

h2005

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:43 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

I like the way they use the phrase "kicked off"... very scientific!

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Dozens of Greenpeace protesters have scaled the roof of the Houses of Parliament to protest about the lack of environmental policies in the recent party conferences...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8301640.stm

Apparently some are still up there, and they've now started projecting big messages onto the side of the building.

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:16 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Why oh why has Noel stole my idea???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/8307304.stm

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: The News, Politics and Current Affairs Thread

Nick Griffin, leader of the BNP 'party', will be on Question Time tonight at 10:35 on BBC 1.

Might be worth watching if you're interested, as I think it gets quite heated...!

[ 634 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]