Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:06 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 10:06 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Poll ended at Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm
Yes - I believe there is 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
No - I don't believe there is 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Maybe - I don't dismiss the idea but I am not sure 38%  38%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 21

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:37 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc

Warnings: 0
Ok as it's halloween week I thought i'd ask something 'scary'.

Do you believe there are ghosts and spirits out there or do you think it's just a load of old rubbish.

Shows like Most Haunted try and find these ghosts & spirit energies with the help of mediums and psychics but do you believe people can contact these spirit energies?

For me i'm a maybe. I'm sure there are things out there and many people have reported sightings and feelings they've had but i've never felt one myself.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject:
Administrator & Global Moderator

I'm unsure about whether they exist or not. I think there's something, but I'm not entirely sure what.

What I can be sure of though is that these programmes like Most Haunted do their best to make mountains out of mole hills and what is probably a water pipe creaking is made out to be the three horse men of the apocolypse coming back to life to haunt your house...

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:52 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject:

Where there's a possibility, there's a belief.

I do believe in them, and that they only make themselves known and heard when they want to be.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

SrWilson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:02 pm    Author: SrWilson    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVF_Kx2pJ4Q

Proud founder of WILSONISM = the real way to play and the term SOS for the show!

Tom22

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:53 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject:

I'm going to take the scientific viewpoint and say absolutely not.. although I'm still very wary of walking into a dark house...

hammondstar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:50 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject:

Solskjaer's always been partial to a few cheesy Quavers.

As long as they're sandwiched between a bit of tesco sardine & tomato 'squidgy' paste.

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:20 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject:

hammondstar wrote:
Solskjaer's always been partial to a few cheesy Quavers.

As long as they're sandwiched between a bit of tesco sardine & tomato 'squidgy' paste.

It's you who eats that but anyway...

I'm unsure about whether ghosts exist. I have to admit it is quite interesting when people try to go to supposed haunted places and search for ghosts. I'd love to go and search for myself.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject:

I used to, then I saw Most Haunted... :lol:

basicasic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:15 pm    Author: basicasic    Post subject:
Permanently Banned

If you need conclusive proof that there is no such things as ghosts watch Most Haunted. The most ludicrous (and hilarious) program on TV.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject:

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

I have had an experience.

well 3 to be predantic! :-D

Unix eight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:21 pm    Author: Unix eight    Post subject:

Well, I believe that angels are the earth's ghosts. When we die, our soul leaves our body, and goes into a kinda 'waiting room'. 'Lost souls' are our angels, explaining all the ghost sightings and odd experiences that go on.

I mean, why you die, your brain still carries on giving out electric brain signals, even though you are not alive, so there must be a soul. We leave our body when we die, and life is created when a soul enters a fertilized egg. We have no memory of our past life, except for the strange feelings we occasionally get; some get more than others; I believe the more you get, the more past lives you have had.

Deja vu.

The best way I can explain is comparing it to a computer. Your computer crashes; it loses all its data and memory, but it can still be restarted.

If you will.

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:37 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject:

I'm open-minded. Anything is possible!

alexb7873

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:37 pm    Author: alexb7873    Post subject:

no

h2005

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Administrator & Global Moderator

Here is a BBC programme about Ghosts on the London Underground. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2726006855

Very spooky indeed. :suspect: Suspicious winds and drafts, voices calling in tunnels, footsteps in ballast, people appearing then immediately disappearing, train doors opening and shutting, a man in an electric chair appearing in the background of an apparently non-doctored old photo taken on the Tube, lifts and escalators operating by themselves... ghosts at work or a load of rubbish? :Jimmy_is_great

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc

I just watched that and it was very interesting [and quite spooky! I'd *beep* my pants if I was the person at night on my own who experienced those things!]

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:23 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Forum Games Moderator

The only scary thing for me was the electric chair photo. Now... thatttt was something... :smt105

Jimmy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:45 pm    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Global Moderator

Skyline wrote:
The only scary thing for me was the electric chair photo. Now... thatttt was something... :smt105

Nonsense. Clearly there was a man being electrocuted on that train. :)

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:02 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Forum Games Moderator

Yes, was it you?

Jimmy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:29 am    Author: Jimmy    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc
Global Moderator

Well, as I am actively replying to your message right now, probably not. However, for all you know, I could be a ghost.

Duffer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:32 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Poll of the Week (3) - Do you believe in ghosts/spirits etc

I believe in spirits, though not the kind that are being discussed here...

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]