Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:34 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

alex1333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:00 pm    Author: alex1333    Post subject:

Warnings: 0
pinball as you say, spinball whizzer is actually 3 years old its not that new as for rita its got a hydraulic launch so i imagine it wasnt broken down but just undergoing severe checking etc

the only rides i dont like are any flats! they always tend to spin around which i hate. ones like the spin doctor is great though

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:13 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

Just thought I'd bump this thread, because I'm going to Alton Towers a week on Thursday, thanks to those cool Tesco vouchers! Can't wait!

I last went about 5 years ago, so looking forward to riding Rita for the first time. From posts last year, it seems like the queues won't be too long, which is good in one way but bad in another! :P

My favourite ride would have to be Air, because it's so smooth, dare I say relaxing in parts! Nemesis is a bit jerky, but I suppose that's its nature. I would say Air is one of the best designed rides in the park.

Sometimes the pirate ship is the worst ride as the bar can be a bit loose, although the best themed ride for fear has to be Oblivion; the way it slowly creeps up to the top, and goes round the curve so slowly before that horrendous (yet at the same time amazing) drop! It is so intimidating, yet great!

It is only surpassed by the opening drop on The Big One (Blackpool) for me.

Oh, and I've just remembered the last time I went, when they couldn't get the Runaway Minetrain to stop - and I persuaded my mum who hates rides to go on it! Eventually, after 6 circuits it stopped!

Anyway, should be an awesome day!

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

I never went on Air or Nemesis when I went there for my birthday because that area of the park was packed, but Oblivion, Rita, the logflume and the other water one were fun. I didn't go on the Spinball Wizzer either, but it looks mad. Hex made me feel sick!

jivealex

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:47 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

possibly the most overrated, overcrowded shocking bad place in history,

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

alex xxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Author: alex xxx    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

having come from Blackpool originally you get fed up of rides but alton towers is fab especially oblivion but not air, its not what I expected at all and I found it quite boring! :shock:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:00 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

Well, just come back from my trip to Alton Towers, and I have to say it was just as awesome as ever! Everything working except the Sky Ride, which was a bit of a pain as it meant a lot of walking (and less rides!), but overall it was great. Can't boast Cazza's total, but we still got quite a few rides in considering we went for the major rollercoasters:

Rita - 3
Air - 3
Oblivion - 2
Spinball - 2
Nemesis - 2
Corkscrew - 1
Minetrain - 1 (3 times round)
Hex - 1
Choc. Factory - 1
Rapids - 1
UG Swinger - 1

Total - 18

Air went technical near the end, leaving passengers suspended in the "face down" position for over five minutes! Spinball Whizzer's quite an innovative ride, in that we mainly saw where we gone, not where we were going! It was a bit too wet for the hardcore wet rides of Log Flume and Ripsaw, but overall a great day.

greeny

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:27 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

You get just as wet on the Rapids though! Also, I LOVE the Runaway Mine Train, it's still one of my favourite rides despite being a family ride. I've always refused to go on Air and Nemesis, I don't like rides that go upside down (hence I've not done the repulsive Ripsaw either).

StatsMan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:30 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

Just got back from another trip, this time even cheaper thanks to some FREE Sun tickets! :D Another awesome day, however yet again the Sky Ride wasn't working, due to an electrical fault causing a fire at one of the stations earlier in the season, so a lot of walking (again! :roll: ). Still, for the record, this is what we managed today:

Air - 4
Rita - 4
Nemesis - 2
Oblivion - 2 (both times outer seats front row!)
Mine Train - 2 (1x2 and 1x3)
Rapids - 2
Spinball - 1

(Gardens - 1 hour)

Total - 17

We'd learnt the story to Hex backwards by now, so instead in the afternoon we went around the glorious gardens for about an hour which was great, and allowed quite a few picture opportunities (you never know, I might put some on here!). It's a shame we couldn't get an aerial view from the Sky Ride. Interesting developments for the new coaster by Rita - some pretty serious slabs of reinforced concrete going down, but not a clue what it might be yet!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

I've been on the Skyride both times I went. Last year when I went, over the biggest drop the carriages broke down - It was really scary. There was a child just screaming for the whole of that time, and his parents were just smiling at him. We had to wait for about 5 minutes and they started moving again and then they got jammed nearer to the exit stop, but only for about 30 seconds.

The Log Flume was the only broken ride [LOL] when I last went but even that was fixed during the time we were there so I got some time on it... Bearing in mind we live in the SW, it was quite a journey, but not as bad as going to Blackpool!

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:52 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

I went on Rita once when it was raining , front seats as well. Very painful, felt like really tiny pins being thrown in your face, but it was brilliant all the same.

My personal favourite ride is Air. For me, nothing can compare to it. I just love it :-D

I don't like Hex. Talk about the boring ride ever. It's not really even a ride. It didn't do anything for me.

As far as Oblivion goes, it's alright. Too short for my liking, it's over in a matter of seconds, and I don't quite pee my pants like I used to at the drop.

Also, if anyone ever goes on a boiling day, I'd suggest going on Ripsaw. Love Ripsaw.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:39 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Alton Towers

DanS wrote:
I went on Rita once when it was raining , front seats as well. Very painful, felt like really tiny pins being thrown in your face, but it was brilliant all the same.

My personal favourite ride is Air. For me, nothing can compare to it. I just love it :-D

I don't like Hex. Talk about the boring ride ever. It's not really even a ride. It didn't do anything for me.

As far as Oblivion goes, it's alright. Too short for my liking, it's over in a matter of seconds, and I don't quite pee my pants like I used to at the drop.

Also, if anyone ever goes on a boiling day, I'd suggest going on Ripsaw. Love Ripsaw.

I remember going on The Big One in driving rain - now, that was painful, so I can imagine Rita being similar (maybe worse given it goes faster!). Air is probably also my favourite ride, just so relaxing, although Rita is high on the list for being the complete opposite!

I used to be really scared of Oblivion, but I'm alright with it now - still, you can never really prepare yourself for the drop, and it was better this time being on the outer seats (i.e not in line with the track!). I still love the taunting build-up to the drop, that's what makes it really - and that pause!

Ripsaw is a great ride when it's really hot, otherwise I tend to avoid it after the time I got ABSOLUTELY DRENCHED sitting in the middle! :lol:

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » General DiscussionAll times are UTC [ DST ]