Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:18 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:18 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 14 posts ] 

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Fresh off Jumble breaking the prize drought with an impressive cash-car combo, BEN is in the building with £715,000 to play for and five possible ways to play for it!

With Jumble's win coming on (and absolutely powered by the predictions within) Pump It Up, Ben has these as potential game modes...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Option 3, followed by 1, 3, 5, 7, and 11 (and 13 if one of those are on the table) to start, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

EFFICIENCY POINTS!

CAR CHASE

More picks to the gallon! :)

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

You'll start this game with this board...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£107,250
£178,750

£715,000

The CAR starts as a toy car, £5.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000! And if you don't win it from the box, any cash you win can go on THIS Box 23...

DOUBLE
ADD CAR

HALF
NOTHING

Needless to say, you have a bit of an incentive on the predictions here. You have three to use at your choice of points throughout the game; get within 20% to improve the car at all, but more accurate predictions will have a bigger effect than that. For the purpose of the Banker's offer calculations, the CAR box is valued based on the assumption that the player will make exactly one step up the Car Chase ladder with each unused prediction; therefore, for the first offer and any offer prior to the first prediction being used, the CAR is valued at £6,690.

Box 8 is yours so we move swiftly on with your usual five...

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

...and here they are!

Box 1 - £10 :) Always good to start with a blue!

Box 3 - £35,000 is less ideal, the Lynn ending as your beginning isn't too bad though in a £715k game!

Box 5 - CAR. One down, five left.

Box 7 - CAR. Another one. (DJ KHALED!)

Box 11 - 1p! THAT is how you rev up your game!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

The Banker won't have liked either end of the round, and the middle bit probably didn't help him enough to offset that!

10p
50p
£1
£5
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£107,250
£178,750

£715,000

You can predict now if you want, or keep your full tank of three predictions in play. Up to you!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:40 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Similar start to the last game, so:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£15,300

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Obviously a different kind of low red configuration but not a dissimilar board as you say...

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,000

It's the offer Lynn got in live play on the £10/£35k finish referenced earlier! That sneaks nicely into the 10% band, meaning your worst-case scenario is now the supercar test day from Trackdays worth £895, and the Banker's base case is valuing the CAR boxes at £8,495 :)

£14,000 is the offer though, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:44 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Nowhere near enough as usual at this stage, so NO DEAL.

13, 15 and 17, please.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

The Banker keeps his powder dry at the start. :)

Box 13 - £5! That'll set up a potential major bump up if we avoid damage in the next two...

Box 15 - £250! This is quite the start if those top four stay to the next call, heck even £50,000 wouldn't ruin this round totally...

Box 17 - CAR certainly won't!

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Impressive round there!

10p
50p
£1
£50
£100
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
£50,000
£107,250
£178,750

£715,000

Two predictions left, and five chances to use them. Are you taking this one, or saving?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Absolutely!

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£24,150

KP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

BANKER'S OFFER

£19,500

OUCH. I think the Banker might have lowballed you there a bit thinking you'd make a bid in that area! Outside the 20% range, and that puts the pressure on to avoid the same fate next time. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:56 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #91 [Ben]

Is your formula working alright, KP? :? By my calculations it's too low to be a valid offer.

Oh well. Insta-NO DEAL and let's continue with 21, 22 and 20, please.

[ 14 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]