Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:42 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:42 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:12 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

Warnings: 0
VERY tricky decision. On one hand I'm guaranteed a red, but on the other the offer is roughly 65% of the average and only one amount is significantly higher than it.

In the end, I'm going to say......

NO DEAL :eyes:

2, 4 and 9, please.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:22 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]
International Forums Moderator

ON WE GO! Turning down a cash-prize combo of £18,699, as you say only one amount much higher. But with £3,000 locked in on top of a board that can't produce a win below £1,000 even after 23, the latitude to chase it was there... and chase it you have.

Will it work?

Box 2 -
£4,000! That's the first one away!

Box 4 -
£20,000 removes all the ambiguity... it's now all on this. 9 instead of 19...

Box 9 -
£5,000! SAFE! It's £2,000 or £101,250!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

The Banker says this is fascinating because he thinks you might almost be tempted to buy Box 23 with the kind of offer he's preparing to offer... even though it would actually be EV- to do so!

He's fully aware of this...

BANKER'S OFFER

BEND THE BANANA BONUS

If you accept this offer, you will hand back the £3,000 Banana Bonus, and in return, the HALF on Box 23 will be replaced by a second MONEY BACK. Whether you accept this offer or not, you will receive a 2-box offer, which he promises will be all-cash with a Box 23 option, and it will be the same offer regardless.

Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

Wasn't even thinking about buying Box 23 before, and with there still being only a 1 in 6 of significantly (and even that word is debatable here) improving a big win I'm still not interested. NO DEAL. :P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

And there it is! So your £3,000 is safe, and you can add on this, if you want to deal it...

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,753

The Banker thought you might be interested in chasing the chance of making it over £50,000! This won't get you there, but it's most of the way there... is it enough to stop you chasing six figures when even a "£2,000" box win can still leave you with a £10,000 result?

We're about to find out. Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

So this is basically a £36,000 offer on a £5k/£100k finish.

Would I deal in that scenario? :ponder:

It's VERY close, but........

YES I would, so it's a DEAL. :D

SWAP if the Banker always it, please.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

He always does! And Box 19 had... £101,250! Talk about being better to save 19 than 9 at the very end, Box 20 only had £2,000 and would've been paired with £5k if you'd gone that way!

We already know you're turning this down, but here is that 23:

ADD HALF (£53,629.50)
+£5,000 (£40,753)
+£2,500 (£38,253)

MONEY BACK (£35,753)
75% (£26,814.75)
HALF (£17,876.50)

To confirm your decision, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

NO DEAL, of course.

At least what happened here is far mor preferable than what happened with £1k Michael. 8) :P

KP

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.3 | Game #83 [Ben]

No need even for a hypo option haha, but for what it's worth...

There were 6 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MONEY BACK (£35,753)
ADD HALF (£53,629.50)
+£5,000 (£40,753)
+£2,500 (£38,253)
75% (£26,814.75)
HALF (£17,876.50)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-10-03 21:43:11 UTC

£38,753 is the biggest win ever on the Doctored Board. Worth the wait? :P We'll have more action on a board with actual blues next time!

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]