Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:05 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:05 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Warnings: 0
Oh, and HIGHER!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]
International Forums Moderator

Insurance play on a tricky Hi/Lo!

Box 1 - £24,500. Means any of the "Power 5" backups going in this round hits the Hi/Lo. Good time to hit £36,063?

Box 14 - £6,400... I think the clearest thing to say here is we need to avoid the jackpot and we'd ideally like to avoid the £14,000! :P

Box 21 - £43,750 means we survive in the sidegame! It's damage, but not horrendous damage.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

The Banker says he likes that round in its own right, but if it's the launchpad for a successful Hi/Lo raid he might look back on it a bit differently!

1p
10p
50p
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250

£14,000
£36,063
£36,500
£49,250
£50,750

£655,000

The Banker's offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,688 + 65" PHILIPS OLED TV

It's a stick with a twist! You'd still get the £12,688 to go through Box 23, but you'd ALSO get a 65" Philips 4K OLED TV with unique Ambilight technology, £1,999 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners!

Two questions here of course. The second is HIGHER or LOWER than £74,650. The first... Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:11 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

NO DEAL, LOWER.

7, 8 and 22!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:14 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

We would LOVE an all-blue here.

Box 7 - £5! Step one!

Box 8 - £655,000!! :shock:

Top prize, gone. Side game, gone. Chances of the Banker not laughing his head off, gone.

Box 22 - £250 and it hardly feels like it matters.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:16 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

How much better does the Banker feel after THAT?

1p
10p
50p
£10
£50
£100

£14,000
£36,063
£36,500
£49,250
£50,750

The Banker says you should never have allowed yourself to be in the situation where with one pick, at any time, the top prize would fall by over 90%.

BANKER'S OFFER

£6,500 AND NO 23

Only one question now. Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:26 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

What I’ve allowed is to still have FOUR prizes which will help me immensely activate the bonus box. This game was never about *that* Jackpot. NO DEAL.

6, 11, 16

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Lots of ways to a big win as you say! What the jackpot could have powered you towards, of course, is getting an offer in that zone.

But this is where we are at. The offer button IS live, but it's not being used yet.

Box 6 - £50! Excellent.

Box 11 - 1p! WHAT a combo play! We've gotta pause it there...

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

We've spun the wheel, we've got an outcome... and it is...

BANKER'S OFFERS ONLY

Oh my goodness. The Banker now has ALMOST total control of the phone... but you do have the ability to hit that button whenever you like! Do you want that time to be now?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:43 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Nope... 16, 18, 20 then we’ll see

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:46 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Box 16 - £50,750! Top box. :(

Box 18 - £100 improves things at least!

*BANKER*

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

10p
50p
£10

£14,000
£36,063
£36,500
£49,250

The Banker rings up to say that he is going to make one, and only one, additional offer in this game.

At 3-box.

You have your button of course, but what that means is simple: if you want to avoid a four-box round at this point, you need to forego your 2-box offer. If you want a 2-box offer, you have to open four.

Or you can just take this offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

£8,000 + 65" PHILIPS OLED TV + BONUS BOX

Eight grand on 23. That £1,999 TV from John Lewis & Partners. AND, disregarding the usual £35k threshold, the Bonus Box for a chance to double your money.

Deal... or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:56 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

NO DEAL.

20, 15, 9, 5

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:01 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

DECISIVE.

That is not the reaction the Banker was likely expecting.

We're going to 3-box. Someone is likely going to have regrets here.

Time to find out who that someone is.

Box 20 -
£10! Great start for you!

Box 15 -
£49,250! Top of the game. And the only box you had left that would have given you more than a 40% chance of the BB if you won it.

Box 9 -
£36,063! One box away from knowing that you, yes you, will be the one with regrets...

Box 5 -
50p! We're not done yet!

*BANKER*

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:09 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

10p
£14,000
£36,500

What a ride that round was. The Banker says that he may have underestimated the value of a potential BB, mostly because he knew that even a big box win was no guarantee of its activation.

He can't afford to do that again.

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,500

Simple, straightforward, twelve and a half grand. At least until it goes through the money menu.

Deal... or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:10 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

That is a good offer, however.. It’s do or die #Boris

NO DEAL.

I’ll take 17

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

With the risk of winning TWO AND A HALF PENCE still live in this game, twelve and a half GRAND was quite the backstop.

You've binned it.

Will we see the 10p disappear here for an all-red climax? Will we lose the £36,500 and confirm that your gamble has failed? Or will we see the £14,000 disappear and set up all kinds of possibilities for the Banker to prove his credentials as a pro rogue?

Box 17 -
£36,500!

It's 10p or £14,000 and of course now...

*OFFER BUTTON*

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

"Take this offer now. In a couple of months it might be an AMO."

BANKER'S OFFER

€6,000

That would be converted to sterling AFTER it has been put through Box 23, but for the historical record let us point out that €6,000 is £5,337.36 as of Bat o'Clock on 6 September 2019.

Deal... or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:18 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Very good. NO DEAL. NO SWAP

Option 3 for 23!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:24 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And so you win the contents of Box 3, as modified by option 3.

Those contents are...

£14,000! Quite the bumpy ride to get there, but it is a red win! Box 2 had 10p

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]