Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:25 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:25 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The 2019 Crossover Series has reached Game 5: KP x Archie.

We've seen dramatic games. Significant wins, gigantic Banker escapes, undeal fever, and the kind of #shenanigans we all hoped for out of this series.

Now, for THIS game, Archie is facing the KP Banker in what might be the most fascinating combination yet...

IT'S YOUR GAME x ARCHSTERED'S DoND

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:47 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

OK, so THIS is how we start.

We have the eleven blues, and the jackpot, rolling over from the Archie x KP game where it was in fact on the table but bought very early on a dangerous board...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£655,000

Then, we're going to fill the reds two by two. There are five lists of 16 red pairs, each one stronger than the last - but we'll be drawing from those lists in random order. Two pairs will be drawn, and you pick ONE of those pairs to add to the board. Once you've done that, we'll have a 22-box board, and then you will be given three Box 23 money menus to choose from.

And then the Archstered's DoND trappings kick in, with just a hint of tweaking:

• Box 23 remains compulsory, although the Banker always has no-23 offers available in his weaponry. Win 1p and you can't buy 23; win the jackpot and it becomes no-downside.
  • An offer button is activated at 11-box. Goodness knows how that will affect a Banker who doesn't "do" mid-round offers!
  • There's still the Bonus Box available if the final winnings after 23 are £35,000 or more, for a 1/3 chance of double money.
  • There's still the Hi/Lo sidegame, where you predict if the total money taken out in the next round will be higher or lower than the previous round. However, the reward for winning that sidegame is different - instead of a new Box 23, you will get to draw TWO Box 23 options and keep the best one.
  • The Deal Wheel is available in this game and its appearance once revealed could change EVERYTHING... AGAIN.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And we start with a relatively modest decision, though not with modest money!

£24,500 / £36,063
£26,750 / £33,500

Pick one of those pairs and get your backup block started!

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:51 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Alright! This will be exciting!

Pair 1 please

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

It certainly will, and THIS could make things especially so...

£49,250 / £50,750
£6,250 / £153,000

Two big backups or one huge one?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:03 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

I’ll take... A!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

OK then! With that £35k barrier so big in this game, it's easy to see why adding two boxes above that threshold rather than one might tempt! Next up...

£5,950 / £40,250
£1,475 / £51,000

...another backup over that mark will be added, but which pair do you want?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:07 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

B!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

You like that 50k region!

£6,400 / £14,000
£2,800 / £19,000

Nothing that big here, but at least you can add two more meaningful reds! Pick a pair...

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:13 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

A!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And finally...

£11,000 / £92,000
£36,500 / £43,750

Do you want to bridge the gap a bit to the £655k jackpot, or add ANOTHER two amounts over £35k to your board?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:16 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Yep - B!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

So THIS is your final board. What a brainburner it is!

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

£1,475
£6,400
£14,000
£24,500
£36,063
£36,500
£43,750
£49,250
£50,750
£51,000

£655,000

Remember, the 23 you choose will be subject to the usual rules - compulsory barring a no-23 offer, no-downside on a jackpot win, unavailable on a 1p win - and you get the best of two options from it (drawn at once) if you win Hi/Lo.

Menu A
DOUBLE
+£20,000

HALF
QUARTER
NOTHING

Menu B
ADD HALF
+£15,000

75%
HALF
5%

Menu C
DOUBLE
BONUS

75%
HALF
QUARTER

The BONUS would be either ADD HALF or +£5,000 whichever was better for the board.

One of those will be your money menu. Then the game will be live!

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:29 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Menu C!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

AND THAT'S YOUR GAME!

This could be AMAZING. Box 3 is yours. Five in round 1. GAME ON!

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

10, 4, 13, 19 and 12 please!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And off we go! Of course, we may be interrupted at ANY point...

Box 10 - £51,000! Second-highest amount on the board, gone first box... but there has never been a board in the history of this series where that mattered less.

Box 4 - £1! And that's how to reply anyway. :)

Box 13 - £1,475 is the mini-red, no complaints there!

Box 19 - £750! If we can make this next one blue, the Banker will not be happy with this start...

Box 12 - £500! And we do! Lovely stuff.

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

The 17-box board looks lovely in a wonky kinda way.

1p
10p
50p
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250

£6,400
£14,000
£24,500
£36,063
£36,500
£43,750
£49,250
£50,750

£655,000

What's the Banker offering on it?

BANKER'S OFFER

£12,688

More than 25% of the TOP prize you'll have if the jackpot goes. That's how he's pitched that. Deal or No Deal?

Archstered

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

I’m happy with this board with the after game set up. NO DEAL.

1, 14 and 21!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #80 [Archie] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

We have another decision here - HIGHER or LOWER than £53,726?

[ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]