Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:03 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:11 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Warnings: 0
Yeah good swerve, I certainly wasn't thinking over £9k there. That being said, there's that Banana Bonus waiting to be snatched and this is Doctored Board after all! Let's go another - NO DEAL.

2, 3 and 4 please.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]
International Forums Moderator

The Banana Bonus would get us a third of the way to £9,000 on its own! :D

Box 2 - £2,250! Fabulous.

Box 3 - £60,000! And now it's a lot less stable, at least in relative terms...

Box 4 - £1,750! That's the Doctored Board action we like to see. :)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Still big money there and the latitude to chase it...

£1,000
£1,500
£3,000

£4,000
FYFFES BANANA BONUS
£7,500
£15,000
£35,000
£96,750

It wasn't the best of rounds, but technically it was a no-red round, so there's that. ;) Prediction time at the round-of-9?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:16 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

There certainly is. I'm going to jump in here with a 23 Boost prediction:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£11,150

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

We're looking for a close one here to give you a seriously juicy additive value to that money menu...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,600

DJ KHALED! He followed his second £10,600 offer with ANOTHER ONE! Agonisingly just outside the 5% band - you were 5.19% out - but that's still good enough for the 10% band, +£20,000 is going on that money menu!

And you now have an alternative offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,600 + HP SPECTRE x360 LAPTOP AND NO 23

Instead of chasing Box 23, you can get a fixed £10,600 and also take an HP Spectre x360 laptop with an Intel Core i7 processor and even dedicated nVidia GeForce GTX graphics, all in a convertible hinge laptop worth £1,699.95 from John Lewis & Partners! That, £10,600 you could put on 23, or three more boxes... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:28 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

So annoying I couldn't have just been in that 5%, but I certainly won't complain :P I'm kind of ruling out the prize offer immediately but I'm not entirely sure why... Either way, that +£20k gives me more latitude to chase with at least a 50/50 chance of adding at least £2,500 to a poor win - and we're still waiting for that Fyffes bonus... I'm playing on, NO DEAL.

11, 14 and 15 please.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Would've been a £35k add-on if you made that! It would only be a 3/7 chance of adding £2,500 to a bad result, there's seven options on that board now, but that's not far off 50/50 to be fair! ;)

And now, we want to go bananas.

Box 11 - £35,000! That is only tasty for the Banker...

Box 14 -
£15,000, it's about as dangerous as Doctored Board gets now...

Box 15 -
£1,000! There goes that one!!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:41 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And so, the penultimate offer...

£1,500
£3,000

£4,000
FYFFES BANANA BONUS
£7,500
£96,750

We know the money menu. We know the situation.

And now, we know the offers. Plural.

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,000 + LG 77" OLED TV

BANKER'S OFFER

£15,000 AND NO 23

That 77" 4K OLED TV from the latest critically-acclaimed range from LG is worth £6,999 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners, and you could pair it with £5,000 that would likely go on 23! The Banker isn't allowed to make compulsory-23 offers, but there's nothing stopping him from THAT kind of offer. :D

Or you can take a flat £15k. Or open three more boxes. Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:47 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

I would love that TV, but I'd want to put more than £5k through 23 if I was to play it. Fifteen grand could be alright here? I feel that's worth about £12,300 before 23, so does that make the prize offer underpowered? Is it overpowered?

This is so strange, strange in that if you'd have given me either offer alone, I probably would've walked. Put them side by side however, and I feel a bit deterred from both. I still have latitude to chase this, and I think I will... NO DEAL.

1, 5, 9. I'll feel a lot better if we see that £1,500 go :P especially if it came with two others that weren't the biggie... :eyes:

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

We knew this Crossover Series had the potential for brain-boggling decisions. It has most certainly delivered in the very first game.

The Banker has inadvertently put himself in a risky situation, by the sounds of it. These three boxes have MASSIVE consequences. Everything on the board is a 50-50 coinflip to survive... do we finally get that Banana Bonus? Do we keep the jackpot? What about that £1,500?

I can't wait to see this play out.

Box 1 -
FYFFES BANANA BONUS!! THREE GRAND FINALLY LOCKED IN!

Box 5 -
£7,500 is NOT THE BIG ONE! Three blues play £96,750...

Box 9 -
£96,750! :( :(

It's a three-blue finish. £1,500, £3,000, or £4,000. But it's for bonus money on top of three grand!

Last edited by KP on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:54 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

The Banker, needless to say, is relieved... but not as relieved as he could be. You have, after all, got three grand...

...or DO YOU?

BANKER'S OFFER

BEND THE BANANA BONUS

If you hand back the £3,000 Banana Bonus, he will give you the HP Spectre x360 laptop you turned down at 9-box and the HALF will be removed from Box 23. And then you would have the 50/50 chance of adding at least £2,500 to a bad result. :D

Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:59 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

So I basically get more than half of my money back immediately, and then Box 23 is worth maybe an extra £900ish if I won £3k? I'm... going to just keep the guaranteed cash I think - NO DEAL :)

I'll SWAP for Box 16, please.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:01 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And it's a SWAP for Box 16.

You do have a standard offer here...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£2,727

...which you may want to take for weirdness purposes. ;) Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

Take that three grand off the board and it's an insta-deal for the reasons stated :P but there's a 2/3 shot at taking more here, which is far from the biggest gamble I've taken today, NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:05 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

And so you win the contents of Box 16... and it's the green, £4,000! Good swap! Box 20 had £1,500, very good swap, Box 8 had £3,000!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

So THIS is your money menu...

ADD HALF (£6,000)
+£20,000 (£24,000)
+£5,000 (£9,000)
+£2,500 (£6,500)

MONEY BACK (£4,000)
75% (£3,000)
HALF (£2,000)

I think we know the answer already, but to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:07 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

It's a DEAL thank you, and I'll take Option 2 please!

KP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:08 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

75% (£3,000)
MONEY BACK (£4,000)
+£5,000 (£9,000)
+£2,500 (£6,500)
ADD HALF (£6,000)
+£20,000 (£24,000)
HALF (£2,000)

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2019-08-21 22:07:44 UTC

AARON'S TOTAL WINNINGS: £7,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:09 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #79 [Aaron] [CROSSOVER SERIES]

A shame it couldn't have been more, at least it justifies me rejecting that Bend the Banana Bonus offer :) thanks for that! Looking forward to the rest of the series' games!

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]