Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 8:00 pm Last visit was: Sat May 18, 2024 8:00 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
With the jackpot now at a juicy £630,000, it's time for a rumble with the JUMBLE! Only a second appearance for this player, who played Doctored Board last time, in game 45. It's only come up once since!! Will it happen here? 1-6, please...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:51 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

1, please.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:55 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Is the ridiculous wait for Doctored Board over?

CAR CHASE

It isn't, instead we get a game that's new since you last played!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:57 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

You'll start this game with this board...

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£94,500
£157,500

£630,000

The CAR starts as a toy car, £7.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000! And if you don't win it from the box, any cash you win can go on THIS Box 23...

DOUBLE
ADD CAR

HALF
NOTHING

Needless to say, you have a bit of an incentive on the predictions here. You have three to use at your choice of points throughout the game; get within 20% to improve the car at all, but more accurate predictions will have a bigger effect than that. For the purpose of the Banker's offer calculations, the CAR box is valued based on the assumption that the player will make exactly one step up the Car Chase ladder with each unused prediction; therefore, for the first offer and any offer prior to the first prediction being used, the CAR is valued at £6,690.

We'll get to that after five boxes, none of which will be your own Box 17. GAME ON!

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:58 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Ah, a prediction game. I've recently been playing a few games of Aaron Brock's DoND 2014 application, so I should be better at predicting things. Should be, anyways.

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:58 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Let's find out!

Box 1 - £1! One-derful.

Box 2 - £250! Nice.

Box 3 - CAR, crucially not a Power 5 red!

Box 4 - 50p! This is a terrific start...

Box 5 - CAR won't ruin it!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:12 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

"Aaron isn't banking this," the Banker says. "At least, not yet..." The Crossover Series, coming soon!

1p
10p
£5
£10
£50
£100
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£94,500
£157,500

£630,000

You don't have to predict yet, but will you?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:13 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£14,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:15 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Straight in...

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000

...and straight in the good books! A 7.7% miss that's good for a two-step move up the ladder, to an £895 supercar test day courtesy of Trackdays! And the Banker will now assume you'll make it two steps further up with your final two predictions, and has to value the cars at £8,495 for his offer calculations :) Deal or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:16 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

NO DEAL.

22, 21, 20.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:21 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

And on we go with a nice early boost from that prediction!

Box 22 - £157,500! Oh that's not nice...

Box 21 - £94,500!! The two big backups are gone back-to-back...

Box 20 -
£10! WHEW!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:24 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Big danger now.

1p
10p
£5
£50
£100
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000

£630,000

But it's not just at your end, it's his as well! He has to account for the jackpot risk with this offer. Are you predicting it?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:26 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£7,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:27 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

BANKER'S OFFER

£14,000

He is THAT scared of the jackpot, he went UP! Caught you out there for sure, no movement up the ladder, and we're back to the cars being valued at £6,690. But another prediction that bad, and they'll stay at £895... Deal or No Deal?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:29 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

NO DEAL.
19, 18, 16.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:30 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

And we go on, with added pressure now!

Box 19 - £5! Handling it well so far. :)

Box 18 - 10p! That's five of the bottom six gone now! The other is the 1p, mind...

Box 16 - CAR will do fine now!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:31 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

Remember, you don't have to predict this one.

1p
£50
£100
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000

£630,000

With that board, are you going to call it, or are you going to save what is now a crucial final prediction for later?

NotAJumbleOfNumbers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm    Author: NotAJumbleOfNumbers    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£25,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #76 [Jumble]

If it is lower than £20,833.34 or higher than £31,250, your CAR boxes won't actually have a car...

BANKER'S OFFER

£23,000

...but it isn't! 8.7% off the mark is enough for another two-step climb, and your CAR is confirmed as a Dacia Logan worth £8,495!

And you now have an alternative offer...

BANKER'S OFFER

£32,000 ON COMPULSORY 23

You'd have to put that on 23, but it'd be more money and it could become £64,000! You can take either offer, or you can play on... Deal or No Deal?

[ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]