Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:12 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:13 am    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Well, we now know this Banker can be taken for more than £50,000 at least, thanks to Aaron in the last game. He even beat the £93,500 total given up by the deputy Banker to set a new record win of £107,000! But it's not the jackpot, so the rollover remains, £540,000 now to play for... and DANIEL to play for it, making his series debut!

There are six ways this game could be played every night (or day, when the Banker isn't in bat mode), and I need you to pick a number from 1-6 to decide which of these it'll be...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:20 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

Hello KP and hello all, it's an absolute pleasure to be back in the hot seat by the pound table, morning east wing, blue, blue, blue! Morning west win---eh? what? What do you mean, there's no pound table? What do you mean, it's not 2006 like I keep blabbering on about? You - you're not Noel Edmonds! Who are you and what are you doing in my house?

Ahem, sorry, er, right, yes, Deal Or No Deal, OK, super, smashing, great. Deal!

OK, back to earth. Right, I'll have ye olde favourite number 4 please David! :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:22 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

We're in the future. They do things differently round here. ;) Let's see how differently... your game mode for this will be...

PRIZE BOXES

Same mode that Aaron won big on last time!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:26 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

Alright then! Most of this board will be familiar, but there are a couple of changes. Firstly, the rolling jackpot, and the fact that the top two backups have been cranked up to 25% and 15% of that jackpot. Secondly, three of the boxes are now prize boxes, of varying values.

1p
10p
50p
£1
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
MIDI PRIZE

£1,000
£3,000
£5,000
£10,000
MAXI PRIZE
£20,000
£35,000
£50,000
£81,000
£135,000

£540,000

If you happen to open Box 23, you will have these five possibilities:

DOUBLE
ADD MAXI
ADD MIDI
ADD MINI

NOTHING

So it's double, nothing, or gain a prize of some description. Could be anything from a car to an avocado. Really.

It's the same as a regular game in all other respects. You have Box 2 chosen at random as yours, and you'll need five others to open before the first offer. This should be a ton of fun. GAME ON!

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:26 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

I don't know what that is, but I know it's going to be good!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:34 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

And there we see the great Achilles heel of the web forum, in all its glory - two people reply at exactly the same time and only one ends up looking like a wazzock...take a bow, yours truly :-D

OK, this looks promising. The avocado, I mean - the money's great and all, but you can't beat a good consoling avocado after losing everything in a game of Deal or No Deal. :-)

My first five, in no particular order, other than the order in which I've selected them, will be 1, 5, 19, 17 and 12, please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:37 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

Well, Deal or No Deal is about timing. If your decision timing is as good as your comic timing, the Banker will not have it easy. :)

Box 1 - £20,000. Not ideal, but if the other four are lower we'll be laughing.

Box 5 - £10,000. Right, keep that direction going and eventually we'll get some actually good results!

Box 19 - MIDI PRIZE! Like that!

Box 17 - £1,000 Maybe another blue to finish things off?

Box 12 - £1! Got it! And a low one at that. Lovely stuff.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:40 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

Any time you keep the Power 5 intact throughout the first round, it's pretty good. When that Power 5 has been enhanced like it has in this game, even better.

1p
10p
50p
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500

£3,000
£5,000
MAXI PRIZE
£35,000
£50,000
£81,000
£135,000

£540,000

What's the opening offer?

BANKER'S OFFER

£11,500 + AVOCADO

Well, if you want that avocado, you can have it and £11,500. Or you can play on and open three more boxes. Deal or No Deal?

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:44 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

Well, David, I will just say, if I may, that it's been a great ride so far. No, scratch that, it's been a great ride. But to tell you the truth, to cut a long story short, I went out grocery shopping earlier and didn't find what I was looking for.

I didn't agree to play this game for the money.

I only came here for an avocado.

Therefore...

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

After careful consideration...

with thanks to the banker for his extraordinarily generous offer...

it's my pleasure to say...

NO DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:47 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

Om nom nom, we carry on! Three more boxes.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:49 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

Three more boxes, three more boxes. Actually there's a few more than that, because we haven't opened them all yet, but I know what you mean...

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:49 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

I'll go with 22, 21 and 20 please!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:52 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

There are indeed plenty more boxes. Here's three of them. The ones with the highest numbers on the outside, hopefully not on the inside.

Box 22 - 10p! Well that one certainly wasn't big on the inside.

Box 21 - 50p! Nor was that! This is actually turning into an extremely strong game the likes of which we rarely see...

Box 20 - £81,000! And, if that box is anything to go by, won't see here either. But still four massive boxes in play!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:54 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

The bad news is you took out one of your Power 5. The good news is you paired it with two at the other end.

1p
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500

£3,000
£5,000
MAXI PRIZE
£35,000
£50,000
£135,000

£540,000

No avocado this time, but plenty of cash...

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,000

That will ripen your bank account for sure! Or you could play on looking for something even juicier with the jackpot in play and three others higher than the offer. Deal or No Deal?

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:00 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

Well, look, Banksy, mate, it's a good offer and all that, but it's just not quite enough, you know? There's...there's just something missing...

I mean, look here, right, it's not practical, is it? If I waltz up to the checkout at Morrisons with an avocado in my hand and the lady says, 'that'll be 29p please' and I say, 'sorry, I've only got a cheque for £17,000'...

No Deal!

Which boxes have I got left, please?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

Still available for selection: 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 18.

Three of those for round number three.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:03 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]
Forum Games Moderator

Thanks, I'll go with 3, 11 and 15 next please :)

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

And here they are!

Box 3 - £5,000. Not the kind of red the Banker wanted to see. Good. :)

Box 11 - £135,000! That, on the other hand, is. But the jackpot remains...

Box 15 - £250! Nice way to end the round!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #58 [Daniel]

At the halfway stage, it's not looking as amazing as it threatened to be, but it's still good!

1p
MINI PRIZE
£10
£50
£100
£500

£3,000
MAXI PRIZE
£35,000
£50,000

£540,000

The Banker did feel the need to go down.

BANKER'S OFFER

£16,500 + AVOCADO

But he's added the avocado back! So you might still be more tempted ;) Deal or No Deal?

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]