Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:04 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:20 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
The jackpot is now at £370,000 as we await the first go in the 3.2 era for LEAH! Given her history in the 2.0 era, she will probably be very pleased indeed with the new option here...

23 BUILD
CAR CHASE
DOCTORED BOARD
IT'S YOUR GAME
MONEY DROP
PRIZE BOXES

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:21 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Whoa whoa whoa, who skimped on my jackpot??
Option 4 once the Banker gets a good talking-to for that one! :P

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Copy-pasted from the wrong bit of course, kept for hilarious posterity as it is of course £530,000! But how will the rest of the board look? Option 4...

CAR CHASE

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

This is a regular board, apart from the non-P5 reds (and the rolling jackpot, and the cascading backups behind the rolling jackpot).

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£79,500
£132,500

£530,000

The CAR starts as a toy car, £7.99 courtesy of John Lewis & Partners... but if you can make good predictions, you can turn it into a real car, potentially even an Audi e-tron worth over £82,000! And if you don't win it from the box, any cash you win can go on THIS Box 23...

DOUBLE
ADD CAR

HALF
NOTHING

Needless to say, you have a bit of an incentive on the predictions here. You have three to use at your choice of points throughout the game.

Something else you have is a box on the table. Box 6, as it happens. Five to open in round one as always, and then we'll see if you want a prediction. GAME ON!

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:33 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Of course :P
Boxes 13, 17, 2, 18, and 3 to start this time!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:36 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Away we go!

Box 13 - 1p! And apparently all it took for you to get luck on this series was to play for a car. ;)

Box 17 - £530,000!! Or... not.

Box 2 - £100, back to blue business...

Box 18 - £132,500! :shock:

Box 3 - £5. You hit more blues than reds!!!!!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:37 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

The Banker is joking you may as well have been playing for £370,000 after all. ;)

10p
50p
£1
£10
£50
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£79,500

The good news is you have all six cars, so if you can get your prediction game going, you can really improve this board. Or worsen it, if you don't. Are you using a prediction here?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:43 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Hah!
I'll hold off on the first offer, thanks.
(hypo-prediction: £6,000)

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:44 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

BANKER'S OFFER

£3,500

Good dodge. He thought about offering 370,000 pence and then thought that's what you might predict, so moved >5% outside that. ;)

Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:47 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Needless to say NO DEAL!
And it'll be Boxes 22, 9, and 14 for the next round.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:51 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

But will it be good?

Box 22 - CAR. First of those.

Box 9 - £1! Nice...

Box 14 - 10p! Yes, yes it will be a good round.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:52 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Bit harder for the Banker to laugh here, even if the ceiling is so much lower than we wanted.

50p
£10
£50
£250
£500
£750

CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£79,500

Three predictions still in hand and five boxes on the board affected by them, are you using one here?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:55 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

I think I will!

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£6,400

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:58 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

The Banker wondered if you might predict £5,300 there...

BANKER'S OFFER

£5,900

...so he placed it just over 10% above that, which is just under 10% below this! You move two steps up the Car Chase ladder, to a supercar test day from Trackdays worth £895!

Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:00 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

Works for me!
As for the offer, with the blues (especially the low blues) being shredded it's not hard to say NO DEAL, especially with the cars picking up value now :)
For this round, Boxes 15, 19, and 1.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:03 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

There is a definite sense of momentum here, and as you say the left side looks fantastic!

Box 15 - CAR...

Box 19 - £750 means more reds than blues at 11-box for sure! 7-4?

Box 1 - CAR. No, but you still have three of the Power 5! The wrong three, but still.

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:04 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

The Banker said he thought this game was going to be glorious... but it wasn't.

50p
£10
£50
£250
£500

CAR
CAR
CAR
£35,000
£50,000
£79,500

Two predictions to go. Time to use one here?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:09 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£8,102

It's hard to argue with the board stability right now, and I'm hoping it makes the offers a little easier to nail!

KP

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:13 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

BANKER'S OFFER

£9,500

Not quite the same level you thought, but crucially it's inside 20% - 14.72% out as it happens - and that'll get you up the most important step of the Car Chase ladder, to the Renault Twizy worth £6,690! With a prediction to spare of course...

Deal or No Deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:22 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.2 | Game #56 [Leah]

I'll take that miss if it means the offers are picking up :D
For now, though, NO DEAL! I think the stability of the multiple cars allows for plenty of opportunity there.
Boxes 16, 7, and 20 to take us to eight!

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]