Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 am Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JDGA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:06 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

Warnings: 0
Hah! That laptop would be pretty nice to have... or I could just buy it when I take home the £20k, given how stable the board is right now. NO DEAL!
Boxes 15, 3, and 18 next.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]
International Forums Moderator

Still optimistic in the face of all past evidence not to be!

Box 15 - MAXI PRIZE is out of the picture...

Box 3 - £10,000 means it's £20k or bust! But you've insisted the £20k is heading your way just now...

Box 18 -
10p! And it very well might...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

So here we are at 5-box.

There are two 20% chances that could deliver you a nice result here. One is the £20k from your box; the other is the ADD MAXI on Box 23.

50p
£1
£100

£1,000
£20,000

The Banker says it'd be even better to hit ADD MAXI when paired with a non-pitiful cash amount!

BANKER'S OFFER

£2,250

Roughly the value of the laptop he offered you before!

Speaking of, there's another optional offer to make absolutely sure of a reasonable result...

BANKER'S OFFER

£1,500 + ALIENWARE LAPTOP AND NO 23

Of course, you'd then be out of contention for both 20% glory shots...

To each of those offers, Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:17 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

I,'d be boarding the cash train with £2,250 here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

JDGA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:19 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

Well, both of these offers are pretty high on the generous side given where we've wound up and my track record, so I'm definitely taking one of them now. As for which... is 23 worth £1500 with the £2250 stake? I mean... it's pretty close?

It's frustrating to wind up with yet another low-stakes deal, but that's the way the boards keep crumbling for me. DEAL - NO 23 OFFER
10, 11, 14 for the proveout.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

And there we go! You have £1,500 and that Alienware laptop. We now need to dodge the two 20% chances.

Box 10 - £100...

Box 11 - £1, surely not...

Box 14 - 50p and another ABR at the worst time. £1,000 vs £20,000 would have meant offers of...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£5,451 + ALIENWARE LAPTOP + HTC VIVE PRO HEADSET

That headset would have been thrown in because the laptop can handle VR, and is valued at £799 again courtesy of John Lewis...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£8,800 AND NO 23

...whereas that offer would have given you a guarantee of your biggest win ever in this series. Which is kind of sad really.

Box 9... had £20,000, because of course it did. £1,000 in 1.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

Box 23 hypothetical time!

DOUBLE
ADD MAXI
ADD MIDI
ADD MINI

NOTHING

Hopefully we'll find that if you'd taken the other deal, £2,250 would have vanished. Hypo 1-5...

JDGA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 am    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

Hypo 4? :roll:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:31 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.1 | Game #42 [Leah]

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

ADD MAXI
DOUBLE
ADD MINI
ADD MIDI
NOTHING

IP: 81.104.176.120
Timestamp: 2018-08-17 00:26:06 UTC

Would have been a prize between £469 and £899, not worth hypo-drawing which, either way it'd have come in a little bit lower than what you actually took!

[ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]