Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:41 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Box 3 - £9,001 isn't great but it won't Sting too much...

Box 14 - 10p! Well, you're guaranteed at least £5 on the table already...

Box 15 - £100 completes a fine round that will surely put the offer on Higher Ground!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

At 14-box...

£5
£10
£50
£250
£500
£750

£1,025
£1,100
£1,337
£11,011
£24,240
£52,000
£133,700

£310,000

The Banker is worried the loss of those low blues will make you feel like you can Grab The Moment and chase after the jackpot... while that approach might make you Popular with some, he thinks you should Slow Down and consider this offer first!

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000

There's only four higher than that already... but there's one in particular that's a lot higher. At £13,000, Deal or No Deal?

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:49 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

This is quite precarious already, but that's the fun! For the meantime, I won't be Origo-ing anywhere - NO DEAL!

10, 21 and 22 next please! Hopefully I Stand in a much stronger position after those three...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:53 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

It's easy to see how you could struggle to Hold On very soon in this game, but What's The Pressure? It's only round 3!

Box 10 - £500! See?

Box 21 - £10! An all-blue would be Amazing at this point...

Box 22 - £1,100 will certainly do!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:58 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Halfway there, and this is turning into a really promising game!

£5
£50
£250
£750

£1,025
£1,337
£11,011
£24,240
£52,000
£133,700

£310,000

There is no shame, he says, in Coming Home with this sum of money...

BANKER'S OFFER

£19,000

We're already in decidedly chunky money territory! But this board could easily produce a Glorious outcome... Even If you take out the jackpot there's big money out there!

At £19,000, Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:01 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

I've been a Survivor so far, and though it's a good offer considering there's 6 very low red/blues, I've got a Hunger to chase the Fairytale - NO DEAL!

I'll take 1, 6 and 17 next please.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Hoping for Euphoria, but could yet be left with Only Teardrops!

Box 1 - £24,240 puts these next two into sharper focus...

Box 6 - £310,000! There goes the big one... jackpot, we have to Kiss You Goodbye. :(

Box 17 - £133,700! :shock:

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

The Banker must feel Unstoppable after that...

£5
£50
£250
£750

£1,025
£1,337
£11,011
£52,000

"I'd apologise to you," says the Banker... "...If I Were Sorry." You will have to adjust your Compass now...

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,600

Not the offer you were anticipating at this stage, but on this board, maybe it's enough... remember, you have the option of putting it on 23, although you could lose the lot to the -£5,000 there! At £4,600... Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:07 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

I really am a Cry Baby after that round, holy...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:14 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Indeed, there's that -£5k which really goes against me now. There was always going to be a bigger chance of a crash with the way I chose the boxes so in hindsight I should've opted for Menu A, but nonetheless I'll say NO DEAL and dance through this storm...

2, 11, 19. I'm moooviiing onnnn... And I'm gonna get stronger noowwwwww!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Obviously think you can never give up on this game...

Box 2 - £250! That'll do...

Box 11 - £750! This game is back on track, but is it Bound To Fall?

Box 19 -
£1,337! No it is not!

£5
£50

£1,025
£11,001
£52,000

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:19 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

We're back where we were at the start...

BANKER'S OFFER

£7,580

...but of course there's rather less money to play for than there was then! You've got the option of using it on 23 but not the obligation, and that's if you take it of course...

...at £7,580 for the second time tonight, Deal or No Deal?

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:26 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

That's a very fair offer here actually, definitely arguable to take that, but it doesn't look to nice through 23... Hmm, as tempted as I am to go Running I'm gonna say NO DEAL - that big money Don't Come Easy!

8, 9 and 20 for £5, £50 and £1,025. Hur svårt kan det va?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Let's see what we get!

Box 8 -
£11,001 removes any hint of compromise...

Box 9 -
£52,000 removes any hint of hope! :(

Box 20 -
£5 comes far too late, it's £50 or £1,025...

BANKER'S OFFER 

£505.34

Which would give you £758.01 with ADD HALF! OR...

BANKER'S OFFER

£1,944 AND NO 23

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:39 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Good grief, a second awful round... given the turn of events...

... it's a DEAL for £1,944 and NO 23! :smt023 Wouldn't have swapped, hypo Option 4 :)

KP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

And that's the Deal! Box 5 had £50 and Box 12 £1,025 so that's something, but now for this bit... if you'd taken the other Deal you'd have had this.

+£10,000 (£10,505.34)
ADD HALF (£758.01)

MONEY BACK (£505.34)
HALF (£252.67)
-£5,000 (NOTHING)

What would have been the result?

There were 5 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

MONEY BACK (£505.34)
ADD HALF (£758.01)
+£10,000 (£10,505.34)
HALF (£252.67)
-£5,000 (NOTHING)

IP: 81.98.45.144
Timestamp: 2018-02-23 01:43:17 UTC

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

I'm glad my small bailout paid off in the end! A wonderfully Eurovisiony bizarre game :P I'm sure you can make Statements about some of my choices there, but I remain Unbroken :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:40 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP's Series 3.0 | Game #13 [Aaron]

Very similar game to the last one in not only having the same format but the pivotal round 4 setting up the total disaster and the player opting out for a consolation once all hope is lost in the main game.

With the Box 23 set-up (which was a no-brainer to take over the alternatives) being more friendly toward moderate wins and only providing a 20% chance of bailing out a blue win, I almost certainly would've dealt at 5 box with the intention of hedging my bets with Box 23.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » KP's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]