Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:33 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:33 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:33 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

Warnings: 0
NO DEAL to that gamble...

BANKER'S OFFER

£4,600

... and he's gone above half here! Your prediction certainly would have been close...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:37 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

I'd Deal here.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]
International Forums Moderator

Would have needed to go £4,140 or higher there, Ben would have been there but I'm not sure I'd have gone as high because I couldn't have covered £3,750 as well as that. Happy to have that as irrelevant.

This is another situation where I think Box 23 makes a real difference to what I want to do, and because of the BB having a 40% chance of kicking in on a 30k box win if I played 23, there's a reason for the Banker to be more defensive than he otherwise would against that possibility.

However, I think the Banker would expect me to not risk 30k on 23 anyway, so I shall DEAL now and ensure an 80% chance of smile money.

5, 3, 1.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:46 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

It's another modest Deal here! £4,600 is yours David, and now it's time to see whether this persistent bad luck would have continued...

5 - £30,000!! Amazing!

3 - 1p!

1 - £7,500! Well and truly game over at this point! :D

£5 vs £100 would have led to...

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£46

And Box 2 had just £5 in it! Lucky 17 had £100! Box 23 time now...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:48 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

Here is how £4,600 shapes that money menu...

DOUBLE (£9,200)
    +£15,000 (£19,600)

MONEY BACK (£4,600)
    HALF (£2,300)
    NOTHING (£0)

Two rather nice uplifts there but that Nothing always poses a risk...

With £4,600 David, would you like to purchase Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

Would have taken the £46 for the lulz. ;)

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:49 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

DEAL, always planned on 23 when I took that offer. Number 5...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:52 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: KP plays Aaron's DoND [63]

Number 5...

... No change! You keep the £4,600! It wasn't quite the Super 6 we wanted to be playing, but you were sensible enough to swerve utter disaster!

[ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]