Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 11:24 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

Warnings: 0
Meh, what's £8,000 between friends? :P

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:21 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

We need to see the Offer Box and the hundred now!

4 - Offer Box (£46,900)! There's one of them! PLEASE let th-

** RING **

Eh?

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

"We're one box away from the end, can I tempt him?"

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S GAMBLE

He's pulled out a 3-box Banker's Gamble!

Can you avoid the hundred grand in your final box?

Banker's Gamble... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:24 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

I'll tell you what Banker: I'll consider this IF AND ONLY IF you give me the chance to predict the final offer and have RANDOM POWER 5 added to the Box 23 outcomes if I'm within 10%.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:27 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

** RING **

"You may indeed predict the final offer. Get within the 10% and I will indeed add RANDOM POWER 5 to the roster. However. If you fall outside of that band, I will replace those two blue cards with two NOTHING cards..."

Interesting proposition there Ben! What do you make of that?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:31 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

Exactly what I was expecting, except I was half expecting the Banker to also say that the £100k has to stay in order for me to predict the final offer.

Since I have nice consolation options even if things go wrong, I will DEAL the Banker's Gamble and open Box 9.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:33 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

It's a DEAL! £21,000 is gone and we're playing miss the hundred grand.

It doesn't matter whether it's the five hundred or the one thousand, just miss the big one...

9 -
£500!!! Brilliant decision!! :D :D

£1,000 vs £100,000 now!

BT...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:36 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

** RING **

"Ben. I've made an offer that I am going to change once you've made a prediction. It's more than £1,000 but less than £100,000. Throw any other ideas you have away. Game On."

Fighting talk! What on earth has he done though, has he low-balled it? Has he pitched it ridiculously high? Is he trying to throw you off guard and is actually going to make a sensible offer for that board?

Ben, make your prediction. Good luck!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:40 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

I'm NOT letting the Banker get into my head again. I was thinking he would double the offer at best, so I'll predict:

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£37,800

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:43 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

Thirty-seven thousand, eight hundred pounds. With that in mind, you NEED this offer to be in the band of £34,363.64 and £42,000...

It's a big band, but you certainly aren't anticipating a low-ball offer here...

... were you ACTUALLY right on point with the logic that he was going to DOUBLE the money you just handed back to him?

BANKER'S OFFER

£19,009

Oh my WORD!! :shock: :shock: You mentioned it in passing and he thought this was a perfect time to use it! £17,108.10 - £20,909.90 was the band, and you're way over! What a shame Ben, you miss out on the Random Power 5 and now your Box 23 looks like this:

TRIPLE
DOUBLE
DOUBLE
+£10,000
MONEY BACK

NOTHING
NOTHING

He's now going to call back with a revised valuation...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:47 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

** RING **

"I'm terribly sorry about that Ben. I can't even pretend to say that without it sounding patronising. Take this as a consolation for my pettyness..."

BANKER'S OFFER

£35,000

It's a Power 5 amount, so it's either going to be £1k, £35k or £100k. Box 23 could still get you £300,000 out of this game which would be an insane result!

Thirty-five grand is now yours if you want it Ben... Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

The Banker is a VERY clever man. Had the revised offer been less than £32,000, I would've gone for it and swapped out of fury.

As is, however, I'm just relieved to get an extra £14,000 after being being sucked into the Banker's trap, so DEAL. :smt023

I would've swapped had I went on......... :eyes:

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:57 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

It's a DEAL for £35,000! What a game, that was a proper horn-locked battle between you and the Banker!

It's no surprise that you'd have swapped here. We haven't had anyone bring one of the top two to the table, and Box 19 hypothetically would have let you down two out of the three times you've swapped for it! Were you on for a HUNDRED GRAND?!

19 -
£1,000!!! You'd have GIVEN IT AWAY! Swappy Barbara all over again!! £100,000 was sitting right there in Box 18!

And now we head over to Box 23...

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:59 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

You've gotten yourself thirty-five grand! You may wish to buy Box 23 with that, because there's some cracking options...

TRIPLE (£105,000)
DOUBLE (£70,000)
DOUBLE (£70,000)
+£10,000 (£45,000)
MONEY BACK (£35,000)

NOTHING (£0)
NOTHING (£0)

£105,000 would be an magnificent result here, and there's TWO chances of you leaving with £70k if you buy it! There is also, however, two chances of losing the lot!

Biiiiig decision now Ben. You have £35,000. With that money, would you now like to purchase Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:02 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

WOW, I spanked the Banker. :D :-D :smt043 :smt041 :smt041 :smt041

I'm not touching Box 23 with a ten foot pole now that I have a 28.5% chance of losing all of my hard-fought £35,000 to it, so NO DEAL to that. I would've chosen Option 5.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:04 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

He's very pleased with his result, but did the reward outweigh the risk? Box 23, option 5...

NOTHING (£0)
+£10,000 (£45,000)
TRIPLE (£105,000)
MONEY BACK (£35,000)
DOUBLE (£70,000)
DOUBLE (£70,000)
NOTHING (£0)

You would have been doubled up to £70k!

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:05 am    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Ben plays Aaron's DoND [17]

That was an incredible match between Ben and the Banker. They locked horns big time at five-box and all hell broke loose! He's very happy with his result as he walks away with £35,000! Genuinely brilliant game there Ben, thanks for playing! :smt023

[ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Aaron Brock's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]