Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:02 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » ACB's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:45 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Warnings: 0
13- £50

Board:

50p
£1
£100

£10,000
£15,000
£35,000
£75,000
£100,000

** RING **

The Banker thought for sure that you would've exploited the button by pressing it at 10 box, and you made a serious mistake not pressing it then.

Prediction or No Prediction?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:50 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015
International Forums Moderator

Only in retrospect. ;)

No Prediction.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:54 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

BANKER'S OFFER

£17,777

It looks like the Banker wants to force you on here. Will you take the bait, or will you take the offer? Deal or No Deal?

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:55 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

No Deal, of course, and now I'll go one box at a time and reassess after each one; box 11 is the first of those.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

11-
£100,000 :(

That £36,000+ potential 10 box offer is looking very good at the moment. :(

Button or Box?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:02 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Oh boy. Box 7.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:05 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

7- £1

Button or Box?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:06 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Box 9. I am liking this stability, even if the stakes have fallen.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:11 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

The board is so stable at the moment that I really don't see much need in using a spoiler tag for this box. :P

9- £15,000

Board:

50p
£100

£10,000
£35,000
£75,000

** RING **

The Banker has come up with an offer, and that's all you're getting out of him. ;)

Prediction or No Prediction?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

No prediction. This offer doesn't have a guarantee attached, and if I press the button for a future offer, that does. :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:16 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Fair enough!

BANKER'S OFFER

£18,950

Already over 75% of the average, but you have the button and a chance at bonus money should you go on.

Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:17 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

NO DEAL. There's lots of ways I can win more than that, and I'm prepared to take the risk to find one of them.

Box 5, please...

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:20 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

The ideal scenario here is of course finding one of those 2 blues.

5- £100 :D

Button or Box?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Box 3!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:26 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

If this is 50p, the button will have proven to be a huge weapon in this game even if it won't be used in the 22 box game!

3-
50p :D :-D

£10,000, £35,000 and £75,000 remain. :D

Do you wish to press the button now?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:29 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

NOPE

Box 1 :D

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:34 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Can this box guarantee you a Power 5 win from this part of the game?

1- £75,000 :(

NOPE! :(

£10,000 and £35,000 remain........

** RING **

The Banker has a VERY bad feeling about this game.

This is your last chance to predict the offer, but doing so is always optional. Prediction or No Prediction?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:42 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

Nothing to lose with the prediction type I actually have, namely the straight cash one.

I'm just nervous he's going to do something really weird, but...

PLAYER'S PREDICTION

£22,400

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:50 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

This should be an easy prediction, but will the Banker be conpletely erratic for a change?

BANKER'S OFFER

£34,501

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That is a 35.08% miss, meaning the Banker now gets to look inside both remaining boxes.

** RING **

The Banker genuinely would've honored the above offer had you not predicted it. With the current circumstances, though, there's a new offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

£25,001

Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:59 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays ACB's Deal or No Deal 015

OH I SEE WHAT HE DID THERE. Make the seemingly outrageous offer to prevent cashing out, knowing that even if I didn't take the bait he's... paying out about what he would have done if he hadn't made that offer. :P

In any case... it's an AMO, and there is evidence that a Banker who knows where the money is should act as though they do not have such knowledge (Bombardini and Trebbi, 2012). DEAL. A shame I didn't anticipate it, but that's still a very nice win. Would have swapped because I always swap. ;)

[ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » ACB's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]