Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:22 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:22 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:31 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

Warnings: 0
Put on your yarmulke, because it's time for the Le Banquier Hanukkah Special :D!

That's right, folks. For the first time in forum history, we're celebrating Hanukkah with what we hope will be an exciting episode of Le Banquier.

Earlier, I offered two people the chance to play this game. One declined, and the other agreed to play. The person who said yes is none of other than...

Skyline :D!

Everyone's favourite classic cartoon enthusiast is back to see if he can get some serious Hanukkah gelt from Monsieur le Banquier. In a previous appearance, Skyline took home $118,500 in cash and prizes, a fine total indeed. But tonight, we're making history twice by upping our top prize to $1,000,000 :D!

Here is our special board.

Gelt
$1
$5
$10
$20
$50
$75
$100
$200
$300
$400
$500
$750

----------
$1,000
$5,000
Capital One
$25,000
$50,000
$100,000
$150,000
$200,000
$300,000
$400,000
$500,000
$750,000
$1,000,000

For this game, the cent has been replaced with Hanukkah Gelt, which are chocolate coins. The usual three bonuses are in play, and there will be some other surprises along the way as well.

Skyline, it's now over to you to create a Hanukkah miracle. Choose one case for yourself, and six more for the first round.

Bonne chance :smt023!

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:09 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

Let's go!

I pick case 23, and I'll clear 24, 20, 12, 15, 4 and 8!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:41 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

Hopefully Skyline isn't as greedy this time around. :roll:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

He wasn't greedy at all in first game. In fact, he undersold a $200,000 case!

And Ben, I'm fully convinced that you're Jewish. You've probably done what many celebrities in Hollywood have done for years and changed your Jewish last name to a non-Jewish sounding one. So if that logic is to be believed, then your real name is actually Binyamin Rabinowitz ;).

All kidding aside, it wouldn't be a Le Banquier holiday special without a holiday-themed bonus game. It's time to play Light it Up!

Skyline, eight of the cases containing lower amounts have candles inside. We'll pop each candle you find into our menorah, and give you $1,000 every time you discover one. Getting all eight will light up the menorah, and earn you a total of $8,000 in cash :D!

You've got case 23, and we've got ourselves a game. Good luck :smt023!

[24] - Surprise | $20 - A bonus in your first selection :D! Now, because this is Hanukkah, we're pulling out all the stops. Your first Hanukkah present of the night is... a brand new car :D! Specifically, it's a 2015 Nissan Juke, worth $20,500 :D!
[20] - $750 | Candle #1 - There's your first candle, so that's $1,000 in your pocket.
[12] - $400 | Candle #2 - That's $2,000!
[15] - $1,000
[4] - $100,000
[8] - $750,000 - Oooh...

Well, that was a very profitable round for you. A new car, plus two candles for the menorah. The Banker is on vacation in Florida, so he's asked his friend the Rabbi to pinch hit for him.

With five cases to open in the next round, here's your first offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$48,000

Est-ce que cette offre est acceptee ou refusee?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

Fyi, Dr. Hindsight, I was referring to the game he played with Davao in which he only won 5p. He was so ashamed of himself that he locked the thread as soon as the game was over.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:35 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

I think he locked the thread so that you wouldn't be able to spew your petty vitriol at him, to be honest, Ben... :roll:

Best of luck Jacques :P

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Skyline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:00 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

daniel123 wrote:
I think he locked the thread so that you wouldn't be able to spew your petty vitriol at him, to be honest, Ben... :roll:

Best of luck Jacques :P

True, childish ACB taunts really aren't great! ;D

REFUSEE, mon ami, I'll go for 1, 26, 14, 16 and 21 plz

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:01 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

It’s true, but they are meaningless, unless they’re said directly to your face.

*RING*

The Rabbi is on the line again, and he says that in honour of Hanukkah, everyone gets a Jewish name.

Ben Rodriguez becomes Binyamin Rabinowitz.

Jacques Smith becomes Yaakov Schmidt.

Daniel Karmy remains the same because it already sounds Jewish.

And I already have a Jewish name, Mordechai Chaim David.

Rabbi: “Mark, did you put on your tefillin today?”

Me: “Yes, Rabbi. And I even listened to all three of Adam Sandler’s Hanukkah Songs.”

Rabbi: “Good for you. You’re a real mensch.”

Me: “Thanks, Rabbi.”

We’ll be back with Round 2... après la pause! Go nowhere.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:19 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

Shalom, Binyamin. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out :wave:.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:38 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

All, right, we're back with Round 2 action. Let's open up those next five cases.

[1] - $1 - No Hanukkah candle there, but still good :smt023!
[26] - $5,000
[14] - $300 | Candle #3 - There's another candle for the menorah, and $3,000 for you :D.
[16] - $25,000
[21] - $300,000

Another Power Eight amount gone, but you've still got a great safety net. Plus, the millski is still up there.

Let's see what the Rabbi has to say about that. Four to open if you decline this offer.

BANKER'S OFFER

$65,000

Acceptee ou refusee?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:33 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

We're still awaiting your answer, Skyline. Please respond as soon as you can. Thanks :smt023!

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:18 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

Sorry, this slipped my mind :\

Good offer, but Refusee!

I would request just listing the boxes left after each offer, that would be great! For now, I'll choose 9, 10, 6 and 22 please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:09 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

As you wish, good sir :smt023. And thanks for coming back.

Let's open the next four cases.

[9] - Maxi | $5 - That's another prize for you, and it's a trip to Paris worth $10,000 :D!
[10] - Gelt | Candle #4 - You're halfway to filling up that menorah ($4,000), and you're not going home with chocolate money :D!
[6] - $100 | Candle #5 - That's $5,000 :D!
[22] - $50,000

That was a phenomenal round. Surely that has Monsieur Le Banquier a bit concerned.

BANKER'S OFFER

$82,000

Acceptee ou refusee?

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

At this rate, this episode will make history for an entirely dubious reason - longest to complete. The truth is, Hanukkah actually ended two weeks ago...

Will Skyline return to complete this game? Find out... eventually, right here on Le Banquier.

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:59 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

This keeps on slipping my mind! Not very good Skyline... D:

25, 18, 23 and 2 please!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:06 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

You forgot to answer the question, Skyline. :roll:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:52 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

I think we know what his answer would've been.

Anyway, it's juice and jam time.

[25] - $1,000,000 - And there goes the millski :(.
[18] - Capital One - That's better :). 10 grand in your hand, guaranteed.
[23] - That's your case. Thought you could pull a fast one on me there, eh ;)?
[2] - $200 | Candle #6 - Two away from lighting up that menorah, and $6,000 in bonus cash.

We need one more case from you, Skyline. Find out what he chooses... in about 87 hours or so.

*starts stopwatch*

Skyline

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:58 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special
Forum Games Moderator

13 then !

Be sure to tell me which cases are left with the offer ! :)

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

Actually, we're going to leave case 13 alone for now, because that was supposed to be a three-case round. In the next round, you'll open two.

Needless to say, the Banker was pretty happy with that round, as the million was taken out. Your offer is...

BANKER'S OFFER

$63,000

Cases remaining: 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23 (Your case)

The board:

$10
$50
$75
$500

----------
$150,000
$200,000
$400,000
$500,000

Acceptee ou refusee?

Last edited by Dr. Hindsight on Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Davao

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:23 pm    Author: Davao    Post subject: Re: Le Banquier Hanukkah Special

That is a great 8 box.

[ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and Games » Dr. Hindsight's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]