Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 9:03 pm Last visit was: Sat May 04, 2024 9:03 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:33 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Warnings: 0
Makeovers a bit underwhelming this year

Time to get going with the predictions now we know the final 12

OVERS

Shelley - Cannon fodder, may struggle with the more energetic weeks...Out week 2
Sam - Mrs O's best chance of winning but will fall short....3rd place
Lorna - May go far but the recent bad press may count against her....Out week 5

BOYS

Nicholas - Finalist and Louis's best chance of winning, but will he flop and be erased from history like Leon Jackson if he wins....Runner up
Luke - The forgotten boy of this category, will shrink and fade rapidly IMO....Out week 3
Sam - Only put through for the tweenie vote, bit bland IMO but will get far....Semi final exit

GROUPS

Kingsland Road - Gary's best chance of winning. One Direction wannabes, can't really warm to these guys but will go far....Out week 8
Rough Copy - Unfortunately the public are getting wise to the manipulation and so will probably send these three packing either side of the halfway point....Out week 6
Miss Dynamix - Highly predictable these girls would get through, but can they cope with the lives....Out week 1

GIRLS

Abi - May fall short once we get to the business end of the show....Out week 7
Tamera - Lots of bad press for this young lady, but let's judge her on her vocals. Will have a good run....Winner
Hannah - Hope the public don't hold it against her that she got through against some people's favourite Melanie...Out week 4

You've been banker bashed
"Regrettably when he rings, he is laughing his designer socks off"

Last edited by richie4eva1 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

OVERS

Shelley - Good singer but I feel she will become boring after a couple of weeks. Prediction: 10th.
Sam - She's got a chance of winning but I think others will get more votes than her towards the end. Prediction: 4th.
Lorna - Probably my favourite of the Overs but don't think she will get as far as Sam because she'll be less popular with female viewers. Prediction: 7th.

BOYS

Nicholas - Reminded me of James Arthur as soon as I saw him and will be popular so he's sure to be a finalist. Prediction: 2nd.
Luke - He'll struggle to get votes up against the other two boys so he could be out fairly early. Prediction: 11th.
Sam - Will get plenty of votes from the girls but in later weeks those votes will transfer towards others. Prediction: 6th.

GROUPS

Kingsland Road - They will get far due to the girls voting for them but can't quite see them making the final. Prediction: 5th.
Rough Copy - My favourite group and I hope they get far but feel they will lose votes 4 or 5 weeks in. Prediction: 8th.
Miss Dynamix - Can't see them getting votes unfortunately, girl groups with the exception of Little Mix don't have a good history of getting far in The X Factor so I think these will be the first to go. Prediction: 12th.

GIRLS

Abi - Good singer but I feel she'll get boring and might crumble under the pressure. Prediction: 9th.
Tamera - My favourite now that Melanie is gone and I don't necessarily think she will win but have to go with my heart and as I predicted Nicole would win this year before the final 12 were chosen, it makes sense to pick a girl as the winner at least. Prediction: 1st.
Hannah - Really don't like her, especially after she was chosen over Melanie, but she's almost guaranteed to get the votes to take her to at least the final. Prediction: 3rd.

Everything happens for a reason.

No regrets.

killersbee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:17 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Ah yes, it's time for predictions once more...let's see how many I can get right or wrong. As in 2010 and 2011, I got it scarily accurate but did very badly last year.

Overs

Shelley - I have a bad feeling that this woman is gonna get the novelty treatment which will destroy her in the long run, will most likely go very quickly. Prediction = 11th

Sam - Certainly has the voice and the strength to go far, but when it's nearer the final, I don't think she'll have enough support to over take the teenage girl votes. Prediction = 4th

Lorna - Great voice and she has great potential to be a star, I can see her as a possible darkhorse for the shows, so good on Sharon for spotting that one. Prediction = 6th

Boys

Nicholas - He'll be quite an irritating person and he'll definitely get the teengirl and housewife vote which will make him unbearable all the way to the final. Prediction = 2nd

Luke - Possibly the most unique boy left in the Top 3, however I think he may suffer an early departure if Louis handles him badly! Prediction = 9th

Sam - I actually really like this boy and he's sure to do well, but I have a feeling that he'll be out sooner than he thinks. Prediction = 5th

Groups

Kingsland Road - Definitely the only impressive remaining group left now that XYRA and Brick City are out. The producers will be trying to stop at nothing to make them the next 1D which will royally backfire on them. Prediction = 3rd

Rough Copy - Really a great group with a cool style, however I think that will wear off when it gets to the serious end of the competition. Prediction = 8th

Miss Dynamix - Yep...I'm afraid these girls are on their way out first, the recent news coming in will not help either...they're done for. Prediction = 12th

Girls

Abi - Whilst she is beautifully talented, she is going to be dismissed as a Janet Devlin type which could end up her going out in a shocker and her nerves will be the key factor here. Prediction = 7th

Tamera - She has the looks, she has the voice and she has a lot of the star quality. Nicole should thank her lucky stars here and this girl could well be the vital key to her second win in a row and god knows how much the producers want that to happen. Prediction = 1st.

Hannah - I'm afraid this girl is going to be targeted by voters who were outraged over Melanie, so one wrong move by Nicole will condem her to be the first girl out. Prediction = 10th

So yeah, I bet you that I'm gonna get this all wrong. :P

willrelf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:02 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

Well you've gone for 5 the exact same as me and all but Hannah we've gone for a similar prediction! So that's a good sign if two of us agree on positions. :)

No regrets.

matthew17

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

I think I'll have a go at predicting this year actually...

12th. Luke - Too average and forgettable, hasn't been given enough airtime either. Can't see him getting past the first week...
11th. Lorna - Like her but again, hasn't been given much airtime so she probably won't last long
10th. Rough Copy - Different, unique group but I don't think the public will take to them, and the recent news stories about them won't help either...
9th. Hannah - Good singer but all the Melanie supporters will count against her and she won't last long unfortunately
8th. Sam B - I think she might be the shock elimination this year, as everyone might assume she's safe after a while and not vote for her, and she could go out early...
7th. Miss Dynamix - Don't think the show will want them to go early as they put them together, so they'll try and push them far as possible but I can't see them making the finals or anything
6th. Shelley - Every series needs a fun act and she seems to be this year's, will last a few weeks then will go when the show starts getting really serious
5th. Sam C - He'll get a lot of votes from teenage girls and will last a long time but eventually they'll realise he's not the strongest and he'll go out before semis
4th. Tamera - Can see her becoming this year's Ella, starts off very strongly and everyone will hype about her, but one bad performance will cost her greatly
3rd. Kingsland Road - Need a bit of work but they have potential. I think Gary might work really well on them and they could make the finals, but I can't see them winning
2nd. Abi - Like a female version of James Arthur IMO, could go really far but may fall short at the end as her quirky style could divide voters
1st. Nicholas - I think he's got this in the bag, he'll appeal to older and younger viewers, and the majority of Scotland will probably vote for him... will be surprised if he's not in the final at least.

That's how I think it will go anyway. So now Nicholas will probably go home on Sunday and Luke will end up winning :roll:

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:20 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Who will be singing what on the first live show

http://xfactor.itv.com/2013/news/inside ... 100191.htm

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:55 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

Kingsland Road? That road can be pure hell while traveling across Dalston on the 76... :smt009

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:01 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Here we go...

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Well, the first live show was indeed a showcase of 80's, but there were so many gems they missed out! :(

1. Sam Bailey
2. Abi Alton
3. Kingsland Road
4. Tamera Foster
5. Lorna Simpson
6. Luke Friend
7. Rough Copy
8. Hannah Barrett
9. Nicholas McDonald
10. Sam Callaghan
11. Miss Dynamix
12. Shelley Smith

Tonight's performances clarify that the wrong decisions were made at judges houses.

Miss Dynamix & Shelley for the bottom two tomorrow night.

Last edited by killersbee on Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:58 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

killersbee wrote:
Well, the first live show was indeed a showcase of 80's, but there were so many gems they missed out! :(

12. Sam Bailey
11. Abi Alton
10. Kingsland Road
9. Tamera Foster
8. Lorna Simpson
7. Luke Friend
6. Rough Copy
5. Hannah Barrett
4. Nicholas McDonald
3. Sam Callaghan
2. Miss Dynamix
1. Shelley Smith

Tonight's performances clarify that the wrong decisions were made at judges houses.

Miss Dynamix & Shelley for the bottom two tomorrow night.
Haven't you got the numbers round the wrong way?

My Ratings:-

1. Tamera Foster - 10/10
2. Kingsland Road - 9/10
3. Lorna Simpson - 8/10
4. Shelley Smith - 8/10
5. Rough Copy - 8/10
6. Sam Bailey - 8/10
7. Nicholas McDonald - 7/10
8. Sam Callahan - 7/10
9. Abi Alton - 6/10
10. Miss Dynamix - 6/10
11. Hannah Barrett - 6/10
12. Luke Friend - 6/10

All but the bottom 4 were at least decent. Miss Dynamix for me will lose on the Flash Vote, can't see them getting enough votes unfortunately. Think Abi could be a surprise for the bottom two tomorrow as well. Love Tamera and Kingsland Road surprised me greatly! All the overs were surprisingly good too.

No regrets.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:09 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Whoops...I knew there was something strange about my rankings. :oops:

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

Shelley is the first act confirmed in the bottom two tomorrow night. Killersbee called it...

No regrets.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:42 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

Oh! I thought Miss Dynamix were certain for the bottom two. :shock:

So it's Lorna and Shelley bottom two...it's 2007 all over again for Sharon!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:58 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

And Lorna has gone! :shock:

Cannot believe Shelley avoided elimination!

Nicole obviously trying to get rid of the acts who are the biggest threat to her girls.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:47 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

Surprised Lorna has gone, but not too big a loss for me as there are at least 5 acts I prefer over her.

No regrets.

richie4eva1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:13 pm    Author: richie4eva1    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

More bad press for Tamera

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... ke-up.html

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:57 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

News just in that Miss Dynamix are not able to perform as Sese has been rushed to hospital after feeling faint and have been given a "bye" to next week.

Terrible decision by the producers...I bet Gary is regretting putting this group in his top 3. :roll:

KP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:26 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
International Forums Moderator

Of course the Mail are bashing Tamera. They won't let a black woman win a 'family show.' :D

It's not been going well for Miss Dynamix, has it? I gather they did well in the earlier stages, but that's not helping much.

I didn't get in with my prediction in time, but here's how I see everyone shaking up at this point:

OVERS
Shelley is not long for this competition. Out in October.
Sam apparently is, and with all of Sharon's attention on her, could get a real advantage (like JLS did in a similar situation). Top four.

BOYS
Nicholas has the hype, and a chunk of squeeing fangirls, and is a capable singer. Hard to bet against that trifecta. Winner.
Luke is being squeezed out in this category, but I don't see him going too soon. Out in early November.
Sam will make it past at least one act with more talent than him, but not all the way. Too many other 'hot boys' in this competition. Out in mid-November.

GROUPS
Kingsland Road have some real momentum, including at least one Twitter trending topic already. They're going to get a big push from the producers. Top four.
Miss Dynamix have had a terrible start. I don't see them overcoming that. Out in October.
Rough Copy are a fantastic fit for Gary, but I somehow see them failing to convert that into a serious challenge. Out in mid-November.

GIRLS
Abi will have one bad week and be eliminated then. When, I have no idea, but I don't see her going too far. Out in early November.
Hannah seems to be expected to do badly by a lot of people here. Bookmakers disagree, at one point putting her as favourite. I think she'll do moderately. Out in mid-November.
Tamera seems to be both the standout talent and the tabloid target. I'm pretty sure she still makes the final, but I think that the final gets an older and more conservative voting makeup than the earlier weeks, people who read and believe the Daily Mail. This will cost her (as it did for Stacey Solomon in 2009 and One Direction the following year). Top four, but with the best career after the show.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:35 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013

1. Tamera Foster
2. Kingsland Road
3. Hannah Barrett
4. Sam Bailey
5. Nicholas McDonald
6. Rough Copy
7. Luke Friend
8. Abi Alton
9. Sam Callaghan
10. Shelley Smith

VERY disappointed in Abi and Sam B this week, Shelley was horrific as well! :(

Kingsland was just as good, whilst Tamera was the best of the night.

Shelley and either Sam or Abi for the bottom two.

willrelf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:41 pm    Author: willrelf    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2013
Forum Games Moderator

My Ratings:-

1. Tamera Foster - 10/10
2. Nicholas McDonald - 9/10
3. Rough Copy - 8/10
4. Sam Callahan - 8/10
5. Abi Alton - 8/10
6. Kingsland Road - 7/10
7. Shelley Smith - 7/10
8. Sam Bailey - 7/10
9. Luke Friend - 7/10
10. Hannah Barrett - 7/10

Tamera again brilliant and Nicholas was much improved. Also enjoyed Rough Copy, Sam C and Abi. I think Sam B will be in the bottom two via the Flash Vote, with Abi selected tomorrow.

No regrets.

[ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]