Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:36 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

Warnings: 0
Skyline wrote:
"The Banker" wrote:
The top answers were ‘Wife’, ‘Knife’ and ‘Life’.

"If you knife your wife, you get life.” :lol:

"The life of the wife is ended by the knife"

When Family Guy was hilarious :-D

That was my first thought when Richard said that! :lol:

I said 'failsafe' for an answer there, but it wasn't mentioned as being Pointless. My Mum always hates these words rounds!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

hogwild94 wrote:
Skyline wrote:
"The Banker" wrote:
The top answers were ‘Wife’, ‘Knife’ and ‘Life’.

"If you knife your wife, you get life.” :lol:

"The life of the wife is ended by the knife"

When Family Guy was hilarious :-D

That was my first thought when Richard said that! :lol:

I said I don't usually care for Family Guy, but I think the earlier seasons were quite funny! :lol:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Uhhh... 51 people didn't know that the currency of the USA was the US Dollar. Just who exactly are these people that are being asked? :blueponder

Fan of classic rock and metal

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:09 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Did anyone get a Pointless in the final today? The question was to name acts that have had a UK number one album in the noughties.
I went for Red Hot Chili Peppers and that was Pointless, surprisingly! :o
Lots of massive bands were on that list!

The jackpot is now up to £19,000! :shock:

hogwild94

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:12 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

Oh, we so nearly had a Jackpot win today. They just picked the wrong answer there. :(

My Dad got two Pointless answers!

DanS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:45 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Pointless

So many pointless answers, it was just a case of "Guess any 3 artists from the 00s" and hope you get lucky.

I went for Green Day, so would've won the jackpot :-D

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:07 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Pointless

My three guesses were Eminem, KT Tunstall (it was between her and Katie Melua, but I thought KT would be more obscure), and Will Young.

I’m not sure if any of them were Pointless, or even correct for that matter, as there were so many Pointless answers they didn’t have time to go through the entire list.

Florence + The Machine however, was a Pointless answer. Image

psychokiller

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:17 pm    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: Pointless

I feel sorry for The Machine more than anyone. Has any other band ever been as overlooked as they are ? The gyrating foghorn achieves mutiple awards and recognition as a solo artist, despite not being a solo artist. Debbie Harry was never considered a solo artist when she was with Blondie. Ditto Catatonia's Cerys Matthews and Sharlene Spiteri from Texas. Sure, no-one could name any of the other band members, but at least they were recognised as a whole unit.

The Machine are relegated to the unenviable position of 'those lads skulking in the back'. They could be repalced by an instrumental recording playing from a computer linked up to Youtube (hidden from view of course) and four smartened up scarecrows propped up on sticks. No-one would be the wiser.

I can imagine there have been many instances of Welch (who's always, to me, looked like the offspring of the unlikely pairing of Daphne and Shaggy from Scooby Doo) garnering a rock star welcome into a local venue, flanked by gushing strangers and starstruck doormen, whilst The Machine are stopped in their tracks and have to plead to all and sundry that ''we're the band. We play the music. Come on, it's us, The Machine ! Could we just get passed... no, wait, put the truncheon down, please now, we're not stalk-ARRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH''.

Today is 1st March, St. Davids Day. Even if you're not Welsh, pour yourself a glass and toast it to The Machine.

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:28 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Forum Games Moderator

Little Shaun to win! ;D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Jackpot is now up to £20,250 meaning that it has equalled the highest amount won so far. Just one Pointless answer on Monday and it's another new record!

As for today's question. I was hopeless at that. It was books by Jo Nesbø, Steig Larsson and one other Swedish author I can't remember the name of.
The only answer I could come up with was 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.'

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:01 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

It's a new record for Pointless. The jackpot is now up to a record breaking £21,250! :shock:

Today's couple was sooooo close to winning. The question was Manic Street Preachers UK Top 40 singles.
Two of the answers they gave scored 1 POINT :smt107 and the other scored 2.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:53 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

Well, the record breaking Jackpot is now £22,500! :shock: 'Bout time it was won, methinks! :smt023

I do wish people would stop choosing film questions in the final, though. They rarely produce Jackpot wins (I can only think of two occasions when they have).

Mark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:07 am    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Hardest one in the five categories was Acid Jazz I would think.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:44 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Jackpot has not been won again and is now up to £23,500! :shock:

No jackpot win again today but there was a Pointless answer in round 1. The jackpot for the next show is £24,750! :shock:

Mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:01 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: Pointless

Jackpot has finally been won :D

It was pretty clear it was going to happen as only three minutes of the show left when all three answers was given...

My Enrique Iglesias answers would have been

I Like It
Tonight (I'm Lovin' You)
Dirty Dancer

don't know if any of them would have been pointless... though I'd expect possibly Dirty Dancer would have been.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Pointless
Global Moderator

About time that Jackpot was won again! :D :-D

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:05 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

That was basically a Spanish Pop question. Very sneaky. :smt047

Oh wow, £16,000 won on Eggheads too! :o

mr_northern_guy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:38 pm    Author: mr_northern_guy    Post subject: Re: Pointless

We'll now have a win of something like £3,500 on Wednesday next week. Jackpot wins come like buses, remember? (Usually with a high total, then a ridiculously low total, like the oranges on DOND.)

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:44 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: Pointless

This makes me wonder if they'll hide Katie Price in a different category now. :P

Simon F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:18 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Pointless

BankerSpanker wrote:
This makes me wonder if they'll hide Katie Price in a different category now. :P

The question must either be naming her boyfriends (unlikely for Pointless) or naming books she has written (she has written a load of children's books)

[ 345 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]