Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 pm Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

Warnings: 0
I'm more stunned than the lottery prediction.... I dont think we've heard the last of this and he has a proper system and he's going to get very rich.

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:20 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

Well that was anticlimactic. He looked like he might have managed to pull it off, but just...didn't. Poor Ben didn't know how to react.

Last edited by DanS on Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom22

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:26 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

Well Ben was a rich *beep* so it was no loss he didnt get his money.... shame they gave it him back really. Where was the risk?

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

StatsMan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:29 pm    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

Ok... I'm a bit shocked by that, no doubt like most people who watched it were, but it did seem a pretty audacious stunt, but an interesting theory that calculating the speed, trajectory and 'drop point' of the ball would lead you to pick the right number(!), but there was no way, even accepting that, that he could calculate the bounce of the ball as far as I could see!

Although I was slightly more curious when he predicted the number in the squash court, that almost convinced me he'd do it, so it was a big let-down when he didn't! :( (Although he was quite close being the 'next-door' number :smt011 )

I thought he might have had some clever side trick somehow when it went wrong, as some of his tricks make you think he's got it wrong and then the solution is even more amazing! But, to get nothing at the end (except an expletive I think) was very strange, this might do him some damage...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:39 am    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

Have to admit I was a bit stunned when he got it wrong.

To be fair though, if you can manage to withdraw £5,000 from your bank with no problems, then you're not exactly poor are you..

tigerlily

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:16 am    Author: tigerlily    Post subject: Re: Derren Brown : The Events

derren brown stated in his build up to the lottery numbers being drawn that 'for security reasons and so that no-one could benefit there would only be himself and two camera men in the studio' but who could possibly benefit when the lottery outlets close several hours before the live draw? there is obviously no legitimate reason for an empty studio only the need for as few people as possible to witness the trickery involved.
i watched the friday show even though i was certain we wouldn't be given a plausible explaination. i have read somewhere that he will be doing the same 'trick' in several different countries and that he will reveal all in a christmas or new year special, has anyone else heard anything?

[ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]