Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:12 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 1:12 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:03 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Biggest Loser

Warnings: 0
My wife and I enjoy these kind of programs (me with the added bonus of Kate Garraway for this one) but does anyone else agree that the program after the voting was a terrible lot of repetition before anything actually happened? :roll:

Maud

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:05 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

I havent seen the Uk one but the American and Aussie ones were rather good.

Skyline

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:47 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser
Forum Games Moderator

What program?

EDIT: Whoops... :|

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:54 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

Week days at 4pm on ITV1.
:suspect:

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:04 am    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

Kaledmutant wrote:
My wife and I enjoy these kind of programs (me with the added bonus of Kate Garraway for this one) but does anyone else agree that the program after the voting was a terrible lot of repetition before anything actually happened? :roll:

The idea and intentions of the program are good but there's too much emphasis on building fake tension for the eliminations. It would be better to cut out some of this and give us more background to what the couples are doing in order to lose weight (for example, the needless part on Monday where the couples went back to the trainers and revealed how much weight they had lost and the trainers not knowing who had been eliminated could have been got rid of if the trainers had been present at the weigh-in).

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:20 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

All good points Simon F. It seems in all these programmes now that more time is spent recapping and prequel-ing the rest of the show that the actual bones of a show which lasts an hour is roughly about 15 minutes of actual new material. It is very aggravating. I wonder what Kate Garraway feels about all the repetition she has to do in the voiceovers, although I am willing to bet they simply splice the voiceovers she records once and just re edit them for each subsequent use.

Still at least M&S cannot overcharge our hostess with the mostest for her lingerie now!! :smt046

Simon F

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

Have noticed that there isn't a lot of info on the diet they are doing on the show. Probably because they are charging £9.95 a month for people to join the ITV diet club.

clareclw1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 11:59 pm    Author: clareclw1    Post subject: Re: Biggest Loser

I like the programme, and I especially like the American version.

What I dont like however is how they put temptation in front of them and try and tempt them to win prizes by eating food high in calories when they are clearly sacrificing and slogging hard to lose so much weight!!! i dont like that bit one bit, and i think it sets a bad example where dieting and binge eating is concerned; especially when there are prizes (hopefully) attached, but not always!

And Kate Garraway gets on my nerves!

[ 8 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]