Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:57 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:31 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

Warnings: 0
Yes folks, the lunatics really are running the asylum, someone has let me on TV haha :D

A new quiz show that airs in the Goldenballs slot from the end of may onwards, Divided, will include yours truly as one of its contestants.

Courtesy of UKgameshows.com...

Quote:
Three contestants face a series of 15 questions, to which they must unanimously agree on an answer. However for every second they deliberate, the prize money is reduced. Afterwards, the trio must decide how much of their accumulated prize money each will take away with them from three uneven amounts. Take too long, and they lose everything.

The split is 60-30-10.

There are three lives. get one question wrong and the accumulated pot is cut in half. Get a third question wrong, and the game is over.

I think some have seen the Dutch original (KP ;) ) so they may be able to add to what I've put :D

Games I have seen Recorded:32 (of which 30 have been televised)
Next game to spot me: September 9th 2012

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

Ooooooooooooh... how old are u then??? I always assumed you were one of the young ones?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:04 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

You mean to say you're not one of the young ones either? :smt047

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

"The Banker"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:37 pm    Author: "The Banker"    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

Welldone for getting on the show!

Do you know the date it's broadcasted so we know when to look out for you?

h2005

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:06 pm    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!
Administrator & Global Moderator

Well done! Hope you do well on the show, and will definitely look out for you...

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:06 am    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

well done. can you post a piccy of you so we reconise you and what date willyour show be aired?

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:41 am    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

I'm 20, so of course I am still one of the young ones ;)

Unfortuantely I have no date of transmission as yet, because they are not shown in the order they are recorded. However, I was told that I will know about a week or two before hand when my episode airs, so as soon as I know, you'll all know!

I'll try and find a pic for you all as well.. :D

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

That way you can finally stick something up on your Facebook, you dull sod! :-D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:20 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

:laughing

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:25 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

I saw a promo for this earlier on and it starts next Monday (18th May) @ 5pm. Looks like it could be a potentially good show. Though i'm not the biggest fan of the presenter Andrew Castle. I suppose it could have been someone worse though.

What's the potential size of the jackpot?

wokoman88

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:42 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

mike wrote:
I saw a promo for this earlier on and it starts next Monday (18th May) @ 5pm. Looks like it could be a potentially good show. Though i'm not the biggest fan of the presenter Andrew Castle. I suppose it could have been someone worse though.

What's the potential size of the jackpot?

Because as soon as the clock starts, the money starts going down, it is hard to say, but if you got every question right after one second then it could something in the region of £150k+.

wokoman88

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:04 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

An update:

For anyone's who's interested, watch out for little ol' me :) on June 8th and June 9th!!

travis P

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:50 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

wokoman88 wrote:
An update:

For anyone's who's interested, watch out for little ol' me :) on June 8th and June 9th!!

Two days? So am I assuming right they are having rollover games between episodes?

wokoman88

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:03 am    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

They certainly are :D

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

will look out for you then woko :)

tr4962

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:51 pm    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

I watched this today, i think the format is good, however like many ITV gameshows, it is very slow moving, with plenty of time being wasted, which could be its downfall.

The most interesting/entertaining bit is of course the end where they debate who takes what share under intense time pressure, This really shows people's true colours.

Also how did todays contestants (including a maths teacher) take so long to work out that an ounce is heavier than a gram? :roll:

travis P

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: travis P    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

tr4962 wrote:
Also how did todays contestants (including a maths teacher) take so long to work out that an ounce is heavier than a gram? :roll:

I'm not surprised. Most maths lessons for primary/secondary schools these days don't use ounces and grams.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:02 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

Last year we learnt about converting between imperial and metric. Depends what specifications you do I guess but the teacher should have some knowledge.

KJupe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm    Author: KJupe    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

whats your name? IT'S ON NOW!!!!!!!!

wokoman88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 pm    Author: wokoman88    Post subject: Re: Coming Soon on TV for the first time.......ME!!

Anyone spot me? Paul is my alias :)

Check again tomorrow! (9th)

[ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]