Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:57 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Skyline

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:34 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

Warnings: 0
I'm starting to like Mona now :)
She led her team well, she may last longer!

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:53 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

JuliePenguinFan wrote:
Kalad excellent summary of Apprentice folk in your post further up here! :smt023
Yeah Kate's got my vote for the strongest candidate. :D
Philip dug his own grave tonight in the board room, but he did come across much nicer in the Your Fired programme. Howard sure to go soon, not really contributed much, but who knows how Mr Sugar operates!?? Mona got some browny points today :smt023 and I think Lorraine is kinda OK too. Debra just plain SCARY! :shock: We gotta whole week to wait for more!! :-D

Thank you, Julie. :) Now Philip is gone let's hope Kate can shine as she has done in the past weeks. I understand what you were saying about You're Fired but he is still a bit too arrogant. Mona definitely did well this week. Her haggling at the camping shop was great. Noticed that Debra was very forthright about making her orders and kinda left Howard a bit high and dry. I am pretty sure he is soon for the chop unless he can really shine next week or the week after. Without Philip to annoy her it will be interesting to see how Lorraine gets on but she is still making more enemies than friends and this could be her downfall. For me Yasmina is now a contender as she contributes well and doesn't try to over power the others, quietly confident (apart form her Yes Chef moment), loved her outfit last night too. James is still a great one to watch and could suddenly be The One. :smt047

BoxClever

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:31 am    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

BoxClever wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict the order in which the remaining candidates will end up:

9. Mona
8. Howard
7. Lorraine
6. Yasmina
5. James
4. Ben
3. Debra
Runner-Up: Phillip
WINNER: Kate

Yes, well... That's one of the things I like about this show: I just can't predict what's going to happen.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I'm not really sure how to read Lorraine. She could be genuine or she could be playing a game. I guess you have got to respect her though for sending Philip home. He seemed to be convinced he was going to win it, and then he crossed paths with Lorraine and lost! He dd really have a bad attitude, and he even grunted "Joke" when he got fired. I don't mind Kate, but she's there to play the game, as can be seen in the board room the other day. I understand why Lorraine brought the 'special relationship' up though, because if she hadn't had mentioned it, she may have been fired and I would've done the same.

The winning team had the eyes! Particularly Mona and Deborah. I.e. Deborah's eyes are deep ocean blue, and Mona's a weird shade of grey and both are quite surreal.

Ben's calmed down now which is good, but how long till he trips up? Deborah and Ben had been warned about their gobs, and Lorraine is 'hanging on by a thread'.

There's that bland guy that does nothing and says nothing.

And then village idiot James! He seems nice but dopey, but is he sharper than he seems?

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:06 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

You know that episode last series [?] where the employees had to go onto a Bid-Up-TV style show and someone swore and they all got into really big trouble, what series and episode was that? It's all done in series and episodes on Youtube and I have not got a clue!

BoxClever

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:49 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

cookie_monster wrote:
You know that episode last series [?] where the employees had to go onto a Bid-Up-TV style show and someone swore and they all got into really big trouble, what series and episode was that? It's all done in series and episodes on Youtube and I have not got a clue!

I think you mean Series 3, Episode 10. That was the one where (eventual winner) Simon memorably screwed on the leg of a trampoline while holding it in an unfortunate position.

According to wikipedia, a similar task featured in Series 1, Episode 10.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:08 am    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Thank you, yes that seems correct. :)

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 5:55 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I heard on the news on yesterday morning that Kate and Philip are together (a couple). The rumors about Lorraine saying their close friendship had affected their work on the last show could be true. Of course the apprentice was recorded months ago.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:34 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

cool-luke-18 wrote:
I heard on the news on yesterday morning that Kate and Philip are together (a couple). The rumors about Lorraine saying their close friendship had affected their work on the last show could be true. Of course the apprentice was recorded months ago.

That would be correct:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/apprentice/299168/Apprentice-star-Philip-Taylor-tells-of-his-relationship-with-telly-love-and-show-rival-Kate-Walsh.html

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:39 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Just read the comments about what people think of this. I know and understand that the love should have not distracted him from the tasks (or anywhere inappriopiate) but for goodness sake. I am currently single at the moment and if I met a really nice young woman, she was single, she liked me and we got on well I would consider a realtionship, who wouldn't. Falling in love with someone is all part of human nature.

Last edited by cool-luke-18 on Sun May 10, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greeny

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:01 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I think some of them just see the Philip we saw in the final edit and presume he is like that all the time. I think he seems a nice chap who just got caught up with fancying Kate (who I think is rather attractive) and let that affect his performance. I think it's quite sweet actually.

Solskjaer

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:32 pm    Author: Solskjaer    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I think we all know that the stars of this show are Nick and Margaret.

BoxClever

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:08 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

BoxClever wrote:
I'm going to stick my neck out and predict the order in which the remaining candidates will end up:

9. Mona
8. Howard
7. Lorraine
6. Yasmina
5. James
4. Ben
3. Debra
Runner-Up: Philip
WINNER: Kate

After Philip's surprise exit, my predictions are back on track.

Nice to see that DOND's original ultimate loser Derek Brown has got a job as production designer on 'The Apprentice: You're Fired' (check the end credits).

And I like how Lorraine said the phrase "we're not selling a product, we're selling a concept" so many times that it ended up in Kate's pitch.

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 10:59 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Ben definitely seems to have calmed down for the moment.
Debra is being forceful.
Yasmina and Lorraine are still having arguements.

Mona got fired this week and I do think that Sir Alan made the right decision because she was sitting back not doing an awful lot.

LINDY LOU

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:58 pm    Author: LINDY LOU    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Yeeeeah apprentice night whooooopeeeee :smt023 who will go tonight??? :blueponder

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:12 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

When James' team lost I was hoping he wouldn't select Yasmina as she had done her best in the task and I would assume was responsible for the entire sales of the team. The boy done good and took ben and Debra with him. Okay he maybe should have stood up for himself a bit against the rocking horse idea but I feel he defended himself pretty well against Ben and Debra. Debra, too, seemed to fight well for her survival but Ben just had to bring up Sandhurst again, BSed about seeking discount on the rocking horses, and quite rightly Sir Alan shot him down and fired him. Debra was again warned that Nick and Margaret aren't her biggest fans but I think Sir Alan is keeping her in because he sees a bit of his own belligerence within her but if she isn't careful she may be next to go if on the losing team next week.

Once again Howard slipped under the radar and contributed next to nothing whilst Kate and Lorraine carried the other team, he really needs to go soon.

Top 3 for me at the moment:

Kate
James
Yasmina :smt023

Outsiders:

Debra
Lorraine :blueponder

What the hell is he still doing there?:

Howard :smt046

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 9:41 am    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I like James very much, he certainly has the mr nice guy attitude although it may not work.
I think that Ben had to go because he was young and naive and kept going on about sandhurst.
I thought that Howard contributed to the team, he was on the losing team last time and because he had put in a lot of effort he wasn't in the boardroom.
I do think that Debra is starting to listen a little bit more but I don't think it's enough though.
Lorraine is definitely improving in terms of listening to other people's views and not alienting people.
I definitely think that Sir Alan wants someone who is a bit aggressive as well as being able to do the job.

greeny

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:19 am    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Debra should have gone this week - not Ben....

tr4962

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:52 am    Author: tr4962    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I was happy for either of Ben or Debra to go, thankfully it was one of them. Although it would have been a good time to do a double firing.
I want Lorraine to win, her and the problems with the pram were hilarious

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:37 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

be happy if Kate or Lorraine won. We still don't know that much about Kate or Howard at the moment, and Lorraine is probably my favourite to win because she has been put down and she's got back up again every time. Plus the fact she is now listening to her team shows her skills are improving which is what the competition is about.

Debra was obsessed with that rocking horse! It has her fault the task failed, however I have no objections that Ben got fired. It was funny when Sir Alan was like "The light at the end of the tunnel has gone out for one of you" and Ben was like "No, no, nooooooooooooooo! Thank your for the opportunity Sir Alan, thank you very much."

Lorraine is much better now Philip has left.

I can't see James moving to the next level. As Ben said, he seems like a donkey and I would think he wouldn't last much longer.

Howard is consistant, but quiet. Both him and Kate have been consistant, and therefore haven't improved on much right from the start. [Is there anything to improve on though?]

Yasmina has gone a bit quiet, but I don't think she has a chance of winning.

I'm looking forward to next week on the TV shopping channels! They are hilarious!
These are from series 3:
Skip to about 2 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uETaJyWJ ... re=related
And then it continues on to this part: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cz4PXTg ... re=related

The trampoline and the mop had me almost fall from my chair laughing!

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]