Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm Last visit was: Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:24 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:53 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Warnings: 0
Ben is really becoming quite a big character isn't he?!?!? :shock:

I already disliked him - but now he's definitely a dark horse, especially seeing as he's finding it fairly easy to stand up for himself when cornered - not to mention shirking other candidates into getting fired instead of him...even if the right one actually went last night! :P

I doubt he'll win but boy is he making good telly!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:33 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Have to say I think Kate is also a "dark horse" as she is strong and confident but also sharp as a razor and despite her blonde, good looking appearance has more to offer I am sure, but she needs to ditch that pillock! Philip might be brash but he has been wrong twice now in his fisticuffs with Lorraine (or is it Laraine!)

Ben is a bruiser and if he mentions Sandhurst once more Sir Alan should sack him just for that (especially as he never went!)

Debra is way tall!!! Severe but a little sexy too!! ;)

Howard is keeping his head down and I reckon sir Alan will pick up on this soon.

James is a contender as he is learning every week, love his candid views on You're Fired!

Mona is dropping under the radar too and could become a scapegoat as she isn't much more than a moaner at times.

If she can get away from looking like a smacked arse and be more positive Lorraine could move up the rankings.

Yasmina, what can I say. Very good, so far and sexy as hell. Another contender for the final three with James and Kate.

So next out: Mona or Howard for not contributing much so far.

Disliked: Ben and Philip. Overbearing and conceited the pair of them.

Needs to show more positively: Lorraine and Debra (watch what you say, girl!!)

For the final: Kate, James and Yasmina.

Maud

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:09 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I for one really like Kate, I think your supposed to think she's a bit of a bimbo as she is pretty, blonde and clearly likes more make up and smelly stuffs then our own h2005 but she is very very good at what she does, I dont think theres been one single bad moment from her yet and if she got fired the first time she is taken back in the board room then Suralan is a bigger plonker then Rodders.

James is my fave male... I love what he said to Ben at the end, about having no balls, he pretty much says it as it is and makes excellent tv.

At the moment I think I would like Kate to win it, mainly because of reasons already stated and the fact she never seems to bitch or complain... good for her.

BTW... loving the hat.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:32 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Why, thank you, Maud. It was actually in aid of being on War On The Line at The Watercress Line in Hampshire last summer. (Kind of a tribute to Gary Sparrow from Goodnight Sweetheart - connection to your Rodders comment!!) :laughing

Totally agree that Kate does deserve to win on her current form and James is def the strongest male contender. :smt023

Maud

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:35 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I LOVE Goodnight Sweetheart... heres me thinking I was the only one.

I meant to add that I agree about Lorraine being a "Cassandra", I'm the same, people never listen to me then afterwards I'm proved to be right... I dont get that.

matthew17

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:13 pm    Author: matthew17    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

ben is really annoying me :lol: i wanted him to go last night

Skyline

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:54 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

So do I, but Noorul had to go. He hasn't done much. Nice guy, not the business type.

Yasmina/Kate to win!

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:03 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Yasmina almost went out at one point.
I reckon that Kate and James will be in the final. I do hope that Kate proves people wrong that you can be successful reguardless of whether someone is beautiful, ugly or whatever. Like a lot of people I do find Kate very good-looking.
I think that with Philip, although contributed a lot to his team over the last few weeks but unfortunately if he doesn't get his own way he has a bad temper (like a 6-year old) just like what he did when he told the others that they must go ahead with his pants-man idea which was rubbish.
I do feel that Ben is immature which could be one of the reasons why he is so annoying, I don't think he is ready for the job with Sir Alan and he should get fired.
Debra doesn't seem to keep her mouth shut. I talk too much sometimes but I would never in a million years volunteer to go into the boardroom like what Debra did.
Lorraine has proved people wrong before so I reckon she will stay for a little bit longer at least.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Maud wrote:

I meant to add that I agree about Lorraine being a "Cassandra", I'm the same, people never listen to me then afterwards I'm proved to be right... I dont get that.

I have always loved Goodnight Sweetheart. I have a huge range of TV shows I love from Dukes Of Hazzard to Ghost Whisperer, from Open All Hours to Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I was dismayed (in the days of video) that only series 1 - 3 was ever released of Goodnight Sweetheart and always thankful I had them on tapes of my own. Now that the whole series is available (and I own it) on DVD it is a delight as the quality of the old tapes was definitely failing!

It will be interesting to see how Lorraine gets on as she is (for me) an outside chance for the job.

Interesting, too, that so many have James and Kate as their "most likely".

BoxClever

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:57 pm    Author: BoxClever    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I'm going to stick my neck out and predict the order in which the remaining candidates will end up:

9. Mona
8. Howard
7. Lorraine
6. Yasmina
5. James
4. Ben
3. Debra
Runner-Up: Phillip
WINNER: Kate

That's not necessarily what I want to happen; it's what I think will happen.

Of course, they have to be in the bottom three of the losing team to even stand a chance of being fired, which means that they don't always leave in the most logical order.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:33 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

If they decide to do a 4-person final like last year, I think the final 5 will be Kate, Howard, Yasmina, James and Debra with either James or Debra going at the interview stage, and the other one of them coming second if their team wins the final.

I think Kate or Yasmina will win.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:09 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Deborah seems to be strong minded which is vital for Business, however she does seem a bit gobby and her span of control may end up hating her. I don't like Ben. I didn't mind Philip but now he's like a baby - If he doesn't get his own way, he will throw his toys out of the pram.

hammondstar

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:00 pm    Author: hammondstar    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

I fancy Ben.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:18 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!
Forum Games Moderator

That's not entirely surprising.

I think, despite their poor attitudes to near enough everything and everyone else, Ben and Philip will be in at least the final four, maybe the final three. I wouldn't have thought Philip will win it - he's far too arrogant, far too in-your-face as it were. Far too much of a bulldozer for an old man like Alan Sugar to take on.

Having said that, Ben from what I've seen is very boistrous at times, shows off a little....(remember the, "well, I'VE got scholarship to Sandhurst" quote from early on?)....and I don't think his sort of a character is exactly right for a rich OAP.

Still, I don't think there's much else competition out there to be had. Them two and Kate in the final three methinks. I'd say Ben and Kate in final two, and probably Kate to win although I myself would hire Ben.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Maud

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:36 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Kaledmutant wrote:
Maud wrote:

I have always loved Goodnight Sweetheart. I have a huge range of TV shows I love from Dukes Of Hazzard to Ghost Whisperer, from Open All Hours to Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I was dismayed (in the days of video) that only series 1 - 3 was ever released of Goodnight Sweetheart and always thankful I had them on tapes of my own. Now that the whole series is available (and I own it) on DVD it is a delight as the quality of the old tapes was definitely failing!

It will be interesting to see how Lorraine gets on as she is (for me) an outside chance for the job.

I love Ghost Whisperer, Open All Hours (do u dress as Granville?) and Buffy... do u watch Angel too?

I think Margaret likes Lorraine so therefore Suralan may see her in a different light now.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:06 am    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Maud wrote:
Kaledmutant wrote:
Maud wrote:

I love Ghost Whisperer, Open All Hours (do u dress as Granville?) and Buffy... do u watch Angel too?

I think Margaret likes Lorraine so therefore Suralan may see her in a different light now.

Hi Maud,

Haven't dressed as Granville (yet)!! ;)

How about these few, then?

Blackadder, Blake's 7, Campion, Jeeves & Wooster (Fry & Laurie version), Poirot, Miss Marple (Joan Hickson version) and The X Files??

K x

Maud

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:30 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Kaledmutant wrote:
Maud wrote:
Kaledmutant wrote:
Maud wrote:

Hi Maud,

Haven't dressed as Granville (yet)!! ;)

How about these few, then?

Blackadder, Blake's 7, Campion, Jeeves & Wooster (Fry & Laurie version), Poirot, Miss Marple (Joan Hickson version) and The X Files??

K x

Shame... I would love to turn up at a Fancy Dress party and there be a Gr..Grrr..Grrrranville there.

I LOVE Blackadder, not a fan of Blakes 7, dont know of Campion, Loved Jeeves and Wooster, Poirot and Miss Marple are loved along with Columbo, Quincy and Ironside... plus any other crime drama... old or new. The X Files used to scare me (Im such a chicken) but I love watching the reruns on Sky... I'm less of a wuss these days haha.

Kaledmutant

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:26 pm    Author: Kaledmutant    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Hi Maud,

Campion was a BBC drama starring Peter Davison and the late, great Brain Glover (Mr Tetley Tea). It was a brilliant (and very expensive) crime drama and sadly only lasted two series (eight stories in all). It is available on BBC DVD and worth the price if you like crime drama.

Have the first 10 series of Columbo on DVD and enjoy the other two as well.

How about these then:

The Outer Limits; Tales Of The Unexpected; Yes Minister/Prime Minister?

K x

cool-luke-18

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:55 pm    Author: cool-luke-18    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Philip got fired on the apprentice, it wasn't I expected really (I mean the whole show not the person that got fired). Kate, Ben and Philip had no orders but unfortunately Ben was not called into the boardroom.
It just shows that this programme is unpredictably sometimes.

JuliePenguinFan

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 12:25 am    Author: JuliePenguinFan    Post subject: Re: The Apprentice!

Kalad excellent summary of Apprentice folk in your post further up here! :smt023
Yeah Kate's got my vote for the strongest candidate. :D
Philip dug his own grave tonight in the board room, but he did come across much nicer in the Your Fired programme. Howard sure to go soon, not really contributed much, but who knows how Mr Sugar operates!?? Mona got some browny points today :smt023 and I think Lorraine is kinda OK too. Debra just plain SCARY! :shock: We gotta whole week to wait for more!! :-D

[ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]