Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am Last visit was: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:46 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 10 posts ] 

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: YouTube to block UK music videos

Warnings: 0
Breaking news;

Click here

Very bad news for Youtube fans. I hope it doesn't mean that videos that "borrow" music for the soundtrack will be removed too, because if it does that's several of mine gone.

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:17 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos
Forum Games Moderator

Well....I was damn lucky earlier then. I was listening to music on Youtube until around 5:45. And their move, assuming it affects me aswell, is in my opinion extremely immature, without thought or consideration and one that is worthy only of immediate reversal. YouTube will pay the price very soon if it is not reversed, as in making their foolish move they are unknowingly (but they are American aren't they?) depriving themselves of millions of viewers/listeners - a whole country, in fact.

So, er, my message to YouTube regarding the action they've taken is this:- I understand sort of where you're coming from but in short:

YOU FOOLS.

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

h2005

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:10 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos
Administrator & Global Moderator

So it appears that Google (who owns YouTube) doesn't want to pay the fees the rights people are requesting? Surely Google can afford to get the money together to pay the fees! :roll:

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

Current climate and all that ay? :roll:

I know it's probably not going to happen but let's hope it won't include fan videos! That'd mean about a few million more!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

jivealex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:51 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

good

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:30 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

Has it happened? I can see music ones still but that could be cos Im set to worldwide

h2005

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:43 am    Author: h2005    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos
Administrator & Global Moderator

Can you give me a link to a video you can still see? I'll see if I can see it too or not. :blueponder

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:51 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

Oh ok I just realised I cant watch them grrrrrrr, is it ever gonna be lifted???

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:52 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

Nope, they've all gone.

It started out with them just being "unavailable in your country" but now they're gone completely

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: YouTube to block UK music videos

Some still work, but you need to search a bit!

[ 10 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]