Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 pm Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 pm

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

foxxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:46 pm    Author: foxxy    Post subject: Favourite Stage Shows

Warnings: 0
I don't know if its been done before, but....

Blood Brothers
Mamma Mia
Chicago

What's yours?

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:50 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I prefer Wicked!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:59 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

Les Miserables, I love the story. Although I quite liked Sunset Boulevard as well, John Barrowman was really good in it.

Blood brothers is quite funny though. I've not seen the others you've mentioned.

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:48 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I saw Les Mis quite a few years ago when my friend was in it, he played the boy.. ooh he has a pic on his FB actually, I should find it.

Les Mis was ok... the first hour was rather dull but once it all kicked in properly it was bloody fantastic.

Blood Brothers is my fave ever musical on the stage... I know every song off by heart and have been pestering people on FB to come see it with me. I saw it with Stefan Dennis (Paul Robinson in neighbours) and he was really good, I was suprised, then i saw David Cassidy in it and he was bloody rubbish.

Chicago I saw the opening week as my Dad got given free tickets, I was in the front row as I was 9 months pregnant lol, it was good but I have no desire to go see it again.

Fame I saw when it had one of the original tv cast of The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe in it, we met him backstage after and his co stars from the tv show were there too, it was sooo good.

Grease I saw with Shane Ritchie and Sonia many many moons ago, that was great.

Cats was just madness.. I was on the revolving seats bit and the cats would come into the audience and lick your ears and stuff... ewwwww... was great singing along to Memories tho.

I could go on for ever and ever about the shows I saw... I have seen nearly all.

My friend has just ended his run in We Will Rock You and another friend has ended his run in High School Musical on the West End.

I'm hoping to see Jersey Boys soon.

I also love Musical films... anyone else???

Can you tell I'm a stage school kid???

garylq

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:52 am    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I haven't been to a West End show for several years but I'm heading off to The Smoke to see Blood Brothers next week.

I also saw and loved Grease with Sonia, male lead when I went was Craig McLachlan. Chess and Night Fever were fantastic too. Hated Starlight Express.

NoelsFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:42 pm    Author: NoelsFan    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

Blood Brothers is amazing!!!!! I don't know if I would call it funny LizzyLou!

Woman in Black is a very good yet scary show! A definate if you can go and see it but as long as you don't mind an odd fright! It uses lighting and sound very well!

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:44 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I saw Stefan Dennis in Blood Brothers too! I remember him being quite good.

By funny, I meant it has quite a few funny parts in it - it's not depressing all the way through - you do laugh at it, unlike, say, Miss Saigon or Les Miserables.

Maud

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:36 am    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

Yeah I reckon Blood Brothers is funny, most of the way thru it too.

He was brilliant wasnt he Lizzylou... shame he dont do so well in Neighbours.

greeny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:08 pm    Author: greeny    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I love Starlight Express, and am dying to see Hairspray, as I thought the movie was brilliant, so really want to see the stage version. Also, Mamma Mia the stage version was superb as was the film.

LizzyLou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Author: LizzyLou    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

Maud wrote:

Yes he was far better than I would have expected! And I remember being suprised that I wasn't thinking of him as Paul all the way through. He was certainly passable as a Liverpudlian. :)

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:05 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

LizzyLou wrote:
Maud wrote:

Yes he was far better than I would have expected! And I remember being suprised that I wasn't thinking of him as Paul all the way through. He was certainly passable as a Liverpudlian. :)

Haha I was the same, I would forget he was an Oz soapstar and would see him as a scouse kid lol.

Me and my sisters are going to see it soon, I cant wait.

garylq

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:03 pm    Author: garylq    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I saw Blood Brothers a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was brilliant, now I know why everybody recommends it. The show wasn't as sad as I expected, you know going to happen from the opening scene, its then just a case of finding out how they get there. Niki Evans, 4th in X-Factor 2007, played the role of Mrs Johnstone in her West End debut, she was excellent. I can't recommend Blood Brothers highly enough, I would go again without hesitation.

The next day I saw La Cage Aux Folles. It was great fun, extremely camp and hilarious. Graham Norton was brilliant in the lead role, he is sooooo funny in drag. Its worth the price of the ticket just to see the Cagelles (male dancers in drag). Forget Lily Savage and the like, without even needing to speak they are much funnier, and in peak physical condition.

Due to the recession its very cheap and easy to see West End shows at the moment. You can get tickets for most productions for half-price or less on the day in Leicester Square or online (there are a few sold-out shows, Mamma Mia and Oliver for example). We got top price front-row dress circle seats for La Cage for less than half price just a few hours before the show.

jivealex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 pm    Author: jivealex    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

all apalling

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=15116

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:43 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I have to agree with Jivealex, I fell asleep in a stage show a good few years ago, and none particularly make me want to see them.

mustafago

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:15 pm    Author: mustafago    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

what show was that then????????
the last one I saw was Macbeth
oh no I didnt mean to say that
cross my fingers, touch wood, throw a big black dog in the air, and all that jazz.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I can't remember, it was ages ago. [And the fact that I slept through it!]

mustafago

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:44 pm    Author: mustafago    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

ages ago does that mean years, months, weeks??????? :ponder: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:36 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

Seconds in my head!

Nah, over a decade ago, however I was fairly young at the time. I can guess the next question!
What's fairly young?! :lol:

mustafago

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:58 pm    Author: mustafago    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

I would never be so forward

mustafago

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:59 pm    Author: mustafago    Post subject: Re: Favourite Stage Shows

so how old are you now??????????????????????? :lol: :lol: :lol:

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]