Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:07 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

KP

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:40 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
That changes everything. And in Alex's favour.

I guarantee you this changed when they realised Alex didn't have the range for Born To Try. I guarantee you.

OH HANG ON. It's not the final showdown, merely the end-of-series performance? Wow. Now that's interesting. And another game-changer. Is Born To Try the final sing-off?!?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Its the final song!

I think they all perform 3 times (Christmas Song, Favourite song from series, and Celebrity Duet) then one of the acts gets eliminated, then the final 2 acts perform that song which i cannot spell and then the winner is announced.

And also, they decided on the winners song a while ago because seemingly Diana and Ruth recorded there own version of the song before they were both eliminated!

KP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:16 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm
International Forums Moderator

That's the normal procedure but ITV's press release promises 'the winner's version will be the only one you'll ever hear!'...

Maybe they wanted to not look like they were too obviously favouring Diana, and had Born To Try as a standby in case Diana did make the final three?

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:12 am    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

And the winner of the X Factor is.........Simon Cowell (surprise surprise). Supposedly the Daily Mirror have got hold of the 80 page contract that all contestants must sign, which states that the contract is enforceable anyway in the solar system. Also any ex-contestants must pay Cowell 5% of any earnings they make in the next year - http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/latest/2 ... -20959077/

The Daily Star also claim there is a plot to wreck the X Factor final which involves an ex-contestant and a show insider who is leaking sensitive info - http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/61 ... ctor-final

:roll:

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:06 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

It's not really that suprising to hear that Simon Cowell will be getting those benefits...he's a clever man.

And call me cynical, but perhaps the "plot" is just an attempt to get more people to watch? Who knows?

One thing is for sure though, I've been more interested in this years competition than i have in any previous ones..no idea why.

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:41 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

The Mirror states that Rhianna will be on and singing with JLS, I do hope it's true, I dont want them singing with people like Boyzone or Westlife (which the Mirror says are sing with the other 2), if they sing with Rhiana it will be Umbrella for sure, her doing her bit and them doing the Chris Brown bit... cant wait.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:40 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Article: Take That have reportedly pulled out of their appearance on this Saturday's X Factor final.

The band apparently refused to perform after discovering that recently reformed boyband Boyzone would also be present.

A source told The Sun: "Take That are huge fans of X Factor, especially Gary Barlow. He feels a real affinity with the show and loves encouraging new talent. When they heard Boyzone were on the bill they decided not to do it. It’s really upset the schedule."

Beyoncé, Seal and Duffy will also be performing with the finalists

Article 2
Diana Vickers has reportedly told Eoghan Quigg to 'cool it' following continued speculation that the pair are an item.

The X Factor evictee was forced to tell Quigg to play it cool after becoming increasingly concerned about his behaviour, claims Heat.

"Earlier this week, Diana had to sit Eoghan down and tell him straight that they were only going to be friends," said a source. "She didn't want to muck him around.

"Eoghan is totally besotted with Diana. He follows her around like a lovesick puppy and they've had a really close bond which has got stronger and stronger as more people have left the house."

Vickers recently revealed that she has ended her eight-month relationship with student Chris Jones, but did not comment on whether she and Quigg are a pair.

"Diana has shown she has strong feelings for Eoghan, but she's really battling with what's going on. She can't help her feelings for Eoghan, but she knows she must try to resist," said the source.

Article 3
Diana Vickers reportedly threw a tantrum after her X factor exit and blamed mentor Cheryl Cole for picking the wrong songs for her.

The 17-year-old is said to have raged at Cheryl backstage after an emotional night which saw her fail to win a place in the grand final.

'First came the tears and then came the tantrums. Diana was acting like a spoilt kid.

'She and Cheryl had words backstage and Cheryl felt she needed to spend time with Diana,' a source told the Mirror

Diana had considered quitting last week and was angry that she wasn't allowed to do so, according to the report.

'She felt she should have been allowed to quit last week rather than be booted off. She knew that she'd already reached her peak. She felt she had lost the judges' support,' the source continued.

Wrong song choices? Diana sings Dido's White Flag
Ironically Diana received praise from the judges during Saturday's show and Dannii Minogue even compared her to Blondie singer Debbie Harry.
She arrived on the stage to perform Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend on a scooter, prompting Miss Minogue to comment: 'You have shocked me to the core. That was reminiscent of a young Debbie Harry.'

Meanwhile Diana was all smiles today as she went shopping with a friend in London.

Her cheerful demeanor came as it was reported that she had split from boyfriend Chris Jones.
After the upset of leaving the X Factor Diana Vickers cheered herself up with a trip to the shops
After eight months together Diana reportedly decided she wanted to be single.

A source close to Diana told the Sun: 'Diana and Chris have split. She is overwhelmed with everything right now and says she doesn’t want any boyfriend.

'Eoghan has made it clear how he feels about Diana.'
But her boyfriend trouble didn't seem to be upsetting the girl from Blackburn yesterday.
Enlarge Enlarge
Do I look like Cheryl now? Diana changes into a red dress in front of a photo of her Girls Aloud mentor wearing a similar outfit
Diana tried on various outfits, including a Girls Aloud style red party dress. And she modeled it in front of a poster of her former mentor's band - with Cheryl in a very similar outfit.
Perhaps she was picking an outfit for the final of the reality TV show -when she will be joining the audience in support of close friend Eoghan Quigg.

I'm not sure if they are true or not...

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

There's some many different stories about the X Factor it's hard to know what's true and what's not.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:12 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

It doesn't matter in my opinion...the fact that Alexandra has by far the bigger of the three singers just cements the show's incentive to make her the winner.

I'm just glad to see it happening to a deserved winner at least, unlike last year.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Maud

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Well has it been confirmed its Beyonce for her? Cos reports are it's Boyzone or Westlife.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:39 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

The X Factor conference from yesterday featuring all the judges and acts - http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/xfactor/a13 ... -full.html - it goes on for 23 minutes.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:59 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

I really think Eoghan is going to push Alexandra all the way tomorrow. He has the whole of Ireland backing him, as well as several Diana fans too. And now with a powerful song such as Hallelujah to at least attempt to belt out (this goes for Alex too), he stands a better chance of winning than he did when Born To Try was being touted as the winning song.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Tom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:57 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

I think it will be between Alexandra and JLS ultimately. She's just an amazing singer, and they have a fair amount of support.

Maud

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

JLS TO WIN... NUFF SAID

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:51 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Somehow, I just can't see JLS being the winners

My theory on tonight is that it'll be JLS in 3rd, Eoghan the runner-up and Alex the winner

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:42 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

The bookies say Eoghan will finish third, JLS second, and Alex the clear winner.

But EOGHAN TO WIN!!!

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:05 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

I think it's safe to say from what we've seen so far tonight, whether they win or not, JLS are going to be the biggest winners. They're already an established boyband!

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:12 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

I'm not an expert on singing or anything but it all seems very armature... :eyes:

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Tom22

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:18 pm    Author: Tom22    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Auditionees should win! Best performance of the night!

3rd. Toms Shrews III 1221
Top Scorer this week - dondsters 147 Worst scorer this week - Adium United 33
Bottom - Hammond's Heroes 766
(After Gameweek 22)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:25 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

It was great! :lol:

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]