Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 8:23 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:36 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Warnings: 0
I just posted as it happened, Cookie - you guys vanished :suspect:

I could see the result a mile off. Alexandra and JLS both did really well tonight, and both thoroughly deserved their places in the Final. And out of Diana and Eoghan, Eoghan always had more quality to win...sure Diana had loads of celebs backing her but she also had a LOT of critics.

Sure Eoghan might be one of the more weaker acts left, but remember now he is carrying a fair few of Diana's fans with him now!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:37 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Well I was never a fan of Diana and so I was happy to see her go.

I think Alexandra has the best voice, I like Eoghan and whilst JLS are good I doubt they'll win. I suspect Eoghan will get the win.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:48 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

I was gutted to hear this, first Scott, then Austin, then Laura and now Diana!

All of my favourites have now gone :(

Looks like Alex is gonna win now, I hope she does just to wipe the smirk of Louis's face! :twisted:

Get ready for Leona Lewis number 2 :suspect:

george

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:49 am    Author: george    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Diana should have won, easily...I'm really not interested in who wins now...

KP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm
International Forums Moderator

The oddsmakers (both bookies and Betfair punters) have consistently dismissed JLS but they're clearly more popular than that, although there's no way they can win. This elimination does lay credence to the validity of the Daily Star-leaked numbers, which points to strength for Eoghan.

I can't see past an Alex-Eoghan final, and it's hardly surprising: Alex is the best belter in the competition, and belters are always seen by huge chunks of the Great British Public as being the 'best' singers; Eoghan hasn't had a genuinely bad performance for weeks, and has immense demographic advantages. They probably go into the final two almost tied, which means the final song splits them; it's a belter's song, but it's too high to belt at the end, and that's going to hurt Alex unless she has a Leona-esque upper range to show off. If she does, she's won it; if not, Eoghan becomes favourite.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:17 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

I can agree with that easily. She's sang a lot of low songs, she really needs to show us that she can comfortably manage the higher notes.

We all know one of their two songs next week will be a Christmas one, with the other being their favourite of the series. The two finalists then perform the winning single.

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:34 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

I now think it was the song choices that blew it!

Girlfriend did not suit her at all, Whiter Flag was too safe!

If she had sang Sophie Ellies Bextor's "Take Me Home" and Celene Dion's "My Heart Will Go On", then she would've got to the final easily :)

I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Diana, because I think her and the fans will have the last laugh when she out sells the rest :twisted:

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:33 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Cazzie wrote:
I want JLS to win now....

Alex - too samey, nothing new and I don't know what it is about her but I don't like her :oops:

Eoghan - UGH - need I say more

JLS - finally a GOOD group appear on X-Factor

so the best out of a bad bunch - JLS to win..

where's my Maud...!? :suspect: :-D

Maud has not seen it yet, Maud was out on the p*ss... I did see the result show tho.

How cute was Eoghan when he just couldnt let Diana go, and when he ran back on stage, sooooo cute.

JLS wont win but out of the 3 thats who I am backing, I did manage to catch a bit of their Lonestar song and it was bloody amazing and an excellent choice of song, not many people know of Lonestar so u can wow them easily enough.

Cant wait to watch it, it's been Sky+ and me and Dave are currently arguing over watching it haha, he wants to watch footie... I shall win, I have my ways (oh dear that sounds a tad dodgy).

Simon F

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm    Author: Simon F    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Maud wrote:
Cazzie wrote:
I want JLS to win now....

Alex - too samey, nothing new and I don't know what it is about her but I don't like her :oops:

Eoghan - UGH - need I say more

JLS - finally a GOOD group appear on X-Factor

so the best out of a bad bunch - JLS to win..

where's my Maud...!? :suspect: :-D

Maud has not seen it yet, Maud was out on the p*ss... I did see the result show tho.

How cute was Eoghan when he just couldnt let Diana go, and when he ran back on stage, sooooo cute.

JLS wont win but out of the 3 thats who I am backing, I did manage to catch a bit of their Lonestar song and it was bloody amazing and an excellent choice of song, not many people know of Lonestar so u can wow them easily enough.

Cant wait to watch it, it's been Sky+ and me and Dave are currently arguing over watching it haha, he wants to watch footie... I shall win, I have my ways (oh dear that sounds a tad dodgy).

Not many people have heard of Lonestar but more people would have recognised it as a Westlife cover.

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

I found the Eoghan bit very OTT, she's not moving to Australia!

flamedtresses

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:45 pm    Author: flamedtresses    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

cookie_monster wrote:
I found the Eoghan bit very OTT, she's not moving to Australia!

i totally agree.

Maud

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:01 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Awwww... It was lovely, he is a 16 year old boy who is more then likely in love for the first time, it was soooo sweet.

I finally watched the show... here goes.

Eoghan - First song was pretty good, had me singing and rather dodgily dancing along, 2nd song was pretty awful... what 16 year old STRAIGHT boy likes Abba????

Diana - First song was ok, good to see her do something different, I was pretty impressed. 2nd song was as depressive as listening to Divvy go on about his love life, fully deserved to go.

Alexandra - Vocals were a tad off in first song... she was concentrating more on her performance I suppose, 2nd song was good but I wasnt as impressed as I thought I would be. I said to my Dave before Simon said it that NOOOO one sings Toni Braxtons song as it isnt easy to do so kudos to her for giving it a bloody good go.

JLS - Love the first song, loved the Chris Brown twist on it but would have liked them to do more of the Chris Brown version then the Rhianna one. 2nd song was just amazing, sooo bloody good and they looked hot in the suits. JLS TO WIN.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:03 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Maud wrote:
...2nd song was as depressive as listening to Divvy go on about his love life...

Oi

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:15 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Maud wrote:
Awwww... It was lovely, he is a 16 year old boy who is more then likely in love for the first time, it was soooo sweet.

I swear someone said they were just friends, but it doesn't seem too believable as Fearne pointed out yesterday.

Craig

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:11 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Semi-Final: Saturday 7:00pm & 8:45pm

Big-Davey wrote:
I can agree with that easily. She's sang a lot of low songs, she really needs to show us that she can comfortably manage the higher notes.

We all know one of their two songs next week will be a Christmas one, with the other being their favourite of the series. The two finalists then perform the winning single.

You forgot Duets with a Celebrity guest in your list!

Alexandra Burke duet with Beyoncé
Eoghan Quigg duet with Boyzone
JLS duet with Take That

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:20 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Thanks! Take That and Boyzone were the two blatant ones, but Beyoncé for Alexandra???

I think they might as well give her the recording contract now! :roll:

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:01 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

And what's wrong with that? She's brilliant.

Tom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:04 pm    Author: Tom    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Take That have pulled out apparently...

Craig

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 pm    Author: Craig    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Seemingly they have

Eoghan Quigg is now dueting with Seal

JLS is dueting with Boyzone now

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - The Final: Saturday 7:10pm & 9:40pm

Hallelujah has been confirmed as the winner's single.

The X Factor wrote:
At last we can confirm that The X Factor winner's single will indeed be Hallelujah!

The track, written by Leonard Cohen and made famous by Jeff Buckley, is the perfect choice for release over the festive season. And who, we ask, better than the X Factor winner, has more cause to celebrate with that song?

Eoghan, Alex and JLS have all already recorded a version of the track - and we promise you, they all sound amazing!

Each finalist has shot a special promo video, and each has had their first bona-fide popstar single shoot too. However, the winner's version will be the only one you'll ever hear!

The winner of The X Factor 2008 will perform the track for the first time ever at the end of The X Factor results show.

You will then be able to follow a link from this website to download the single when it is launched, not too long after that!

Who will sing the best version of this track? Let us know below!
http://xfactor.itv.com/stories/story-de ... 100529.htm

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]