Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 am Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 12:29 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:07 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Warnings: 0
I thought the guy from Popstars: The Rivals had a great voice and I really felt sorry for him when the judges were saying he didn't have a strong enough voice. And why did they play that sad music?!
Made me cry... :smt011

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:54 am    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

I felt really bad for him and all those three did was just crashed his dreams permenatly :smt009

I do remember Simon Cowell saying "The competition has gone up but you've gone down"

Uh, HELLO SIMON! :roll:

Just because the compeition got stronger, doesn't mean you have to be rude. :smt011

Cheryl Cole did the right thing, not deciding it :D

daniel4389

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:10 am    Author: daniel4389    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

killersbee wrote:

Just because the compeition got stronger, doesn't mean you have to be rude.

Have you ever seen the show before?

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:20 am    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

killersbee wrote:
Cheryl Cole did the right thing, not deciding it :D

She's getting paid a hefty wage packet to be a judge, she can't just decide to do it when it suits her- if her granny stumbled in and sang "Don't Stop Me Now" like Marilyn Manson, she should still be made to judge it. Acting all sentimental and pretending that she cares about his failures when she's a mega star is not what her job description says.

killersbee wrote:
I felt really bad for him and all those three did was just crashed his dreams permenatly :smt009

I do remember Simon Cowell saying "The competition has gone up but you've gone down"

Just because the compeition got stronger, doesn't mean you have to be rude.

That's the whole point... besides which, he wasn't rude, he was telling it as it is. The guy's voice was weak and his talents were limited. He didn't deserve a place at bootcamp, end of. (I loved that fact that Cheryl recognised him but Louis, one of the judges on that show, didn't)

Personally, excluding that little snippet of unnecessary histrionics, I thought Cheryl Cole did reasonably well for her first show and I quite like her (I like her a lot more than I liked Dannii at the start of last year). The "talent" was, as expected, a mixed bag with the Mysterious Girl duo and the bloke from Dream Time certainly topping the weird scales.

My favourites- The Irish Girl who sang Warwick Avenue was incredible. Rachel was very good but I got the feeling that she sounded too much like Amy Winehouse and would be better suited to acting as a tribute artist to her in clubs... she didn't really make it her own. Then again, we haven't heard her sing anything else yet so I won't judge too soon.

Overall, it was an enjoyable show with the predictable stream of sob stories, contrived drama and disastrous auditions but with some very promising talents thrown in too. Looking forward to this series, I think this could be the year they create another Shayne or Leona (aka. someone with a bit of talent) rather than a Steve or a Leon. (I also LOVED the fact that when they used "When You Believe" as a part of the show, they decided to use the Whitney and Mariah version, rather than the Leon version :lol: )

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:38 am    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Agreed - I was expecting Cheryl to just be someone similar to what Brian was last year; silent with quite a few people and only interacting with the more interesting ones.

But no - I was impressed. Hope it carries on!

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

cookie_monster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:43 pm    Author: cookie_monster    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

killersbee wrote:

If you want to look at it like that, they crushed like 179,000 people's dreams. He was nothing special anyway.

That lady who sang 'Warwick Avenue' did generally sound like Duffy. And also, if they show someone with a sob story on this show, they generally make it through, so predictable.

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:15 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

I only seen it half of it so far but Cheryl Cole is as dull as dish water isnt she, I actually like Danni now, shocking.

The bloke from Popstars the Rivals was more camp then camp Steve :lol: I think he sang terrible, picked up bad habits along the way, maybe he should of done a different song. Cheryl should have judged him and should of said yes so he at least had 1 yes lol.

I loved the girl from Bridgend (or where it called, the suicide place), she was gorgeous and had a lovely voice.

Urrrmmm.. who else was in last half???? Oh Ant and Seb? Ant had a half decent voice, should dump the brother and get a few lessons then go back, but as he is Welsh and I bloody hate the Welsh I shall say dont bother mate (Oh and the welsh men scare me, they a rather minging bunch).

I love love love Holly whatsherface on Xtra Factor, she should have got the job last year, I'm happy with the presenting team now, not happy with judging panel yet but do think Danni is the right woman for the job, jurys out with Mrs Cole.

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:18 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Holly Willoughby? Let's see how many references her rack will get on THIS TV show! :roll: :D

Resident divvy, keeps a nerdy eye on the UK Top 10, makes up the numbers in the forum Fantasy Football...

...and overseeing The 2010 Forum Wing Line-Up! Check it out in the Contestants section of the forum!

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

daniel4389 wrote:
Have you ever seen the show before?

I've heard of it a few times, but never watched it fully :eyes:

And I'm sorry for shouting out earlier, didn't mean it, I wasn't thinking straight :(

"The show must go on" as they say ;)

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:22 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Big-Davey wrote:
Holly Willoughby? Let's see how many references her rack will get on THIS TV show! :roll: :D

Well to be fair, tis a lovely rack, I'm rather jealous, she is also gorgeous, funny and curvy... should be any mans ideal woman.

killersbee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:26 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Sadly, Holly doesn't do it for me, I'd much prefer younger girls :P ;)

Big-Davey

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:40 pm    Author: Big-Davey    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

:shock:

How can you NOT like Holly!!!!!

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:47 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

killersbee wrote:

Oooooooooooook then, nice to see you here Mr Glitter, or would you prefer me to call you Gary?

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:06 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

Maud wrote:
killersbee wrote:

Oooooooooooook then, nice to see you here Mr Glitter, or would you prefer me to call you Gary?

Bwuhahahahahhahahaha!

Have you seen this:

Wikipedia wrote:
On 25 June 2008 the Telegraph reported that Gary Glitter plans to record a New album on his Prison release. He is quoted as saying "I have an incomplete album that I want to finish. I have been thinking about the plan during my days in jail, I have sung rock'n'roll for 40 years. After jail, I will continue to rock'n'roll."

I'm sure it'll fly off the shelves :eyes:

Maud

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:11 pm    Author: Maud    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

redrum666 wrote:
Maud wrote:
killersbee wrote:

Bwuhahahahahhahahaha!

Have you seen this:

Wikipedia wrote:
On 25 June 2008 the Telegraph reported that Gary Glitter plans to record a New album on his Prison release. He is quoted as saying "I have an incomplete album that I want to finish. I have been thinking about the plan during my days in jail, I have sung rock'n'roll for 40 years. After jail, I will continue to rock'n'roll."

Ooooh I must pre-order a copy with Amazon.

redrum666

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:12 pm    Author: redrum666    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm
Permanently Banned

Maud wrote:
redrum666 wrote:
Maud wrote:
killersbee wrote:

Bwuhahahahahhahahaha!

Have you seen this:

Wikipedia wrote:

Ooooh I must pre-order a copy with Amazon.

I already got mine ordered, I paid Mr. Glitter when I was last in Vietnam.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:06 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

An enjoyable enough start to the show. I suspect the best (and worst) is still to come. I like it how they make the introduction of the show so dramatic with the judges each in their own personal helicopter & cars and then the voiceover guy shouting it's the biggest and best audtions ever (but then they say that every year). I liked it how Cowell's helicopter had the words 'C-PIMP' on it :lol: Plus was it just me or did anyone else think that Cheryl wasn't actually in the helicopter as we never saw her in it like we did the other judges :ponder:

Talking of Cheryl I didn't find her as bad as I thought I would, but I see it didn't take long for to cause a bit of drama and refuse to do something and then the tears over someone she hasn't even seen or spoken to in years.

The people they put through I thought were all decent enough and definitely have potential. When we got the life story of Rachel (the one with 5 kids) it was obvious she was going to get through before she even sang or else they wouldn't have shown her talking about how "things haven't been easy for Rachel" (Dermot's words) just for the judges to kick her off and say you're rubbish.

Ant & Seb (though funny/weird) got on my nerves by not taking no for an answer. As for Cheryl's "friend", I agreed with the judges. He had an alright voice, but it was nothing special and certainlly didn't have the 'X Factor'.

I liked Holly on the Xtra Factor show and think she's a good replacement for Fearne. She's better on that than she is Dancing On Ice and she seems to have a good bond with Dermot & the judges.

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:25 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Has anyone checked out the Carphone Warehouse website (who sponsor the show)? You can upload yourself singing to their website and possibly be chosen to feature in their sponsorship ads during the X Factor. You can also check out other people who have sung on the website and get to judge them out of 5.

There's a choice of 8 songs and i'm plucking up the courage to have a go at one of them, possibly Don't cha :lol:

http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/xfactor/

bb67

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:02 pm    Author: bb67    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Starts tonight at 7:30pm

Some of those audiotions last night were hilarious! :-D

killersbee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:19 pm    Author: killersbee    Post subject: Re: The X Factor 2008 - Saturday 7:30pm

Just watching tonight's auditions, what a mixed bag so far :?

[ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 23  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]