Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 am Last visit was: Thu May 16, 2024 8:19 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 7 posts ] 

dond_rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:12 pm    Author: dond_rules    Post subject: Pointless.

Warnings: 0
It is abit discuss?

:roll:

StatsMan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:01 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

I quite like it actually, it's mildly diverting, and you can learn a lot more from it than its opposite number (in gameshow terms) Family Fortunes. Such as, I never knew Qatar had a red-and-white flag off hand (which won a team the jackpot of £8,000 the other day). And I was rather pleased I got one of today's end-game Pointless answers (which the contestants didn't) by remembering that Martin Scorsese in fact directed The Aviator! :lol:

Admittedly, it is quite slow paced, but I've seen far worse gameshows on during the day. Although they're rather tempting the criticism with the title (although I can see why they want with it given Alexander Armstrong as host), and decreasing the chance of a recommission by going up against DOND, which is a bit of a shame.

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

Duffer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:37 pm    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

I like it too. It's the perfect gameshow for odd people like me who have gone through life accumulating obscure rubbish in their heads...

DanS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:41 pm    Author: DanS    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

I quite like it as well. Not entirely sure why, but I think the concept it quite interesting. It is like Family Fortunes, only reversed. I'm still waiting for a subject where I can get a pointless answer. :D

Michael DeVere

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:35 pm    Author: Michael DeVere    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

Saw a couple of episodes of this during the first week and it was alright. Not something i'd go out of my way to watch everyday, but would watch when nothing else is on.

It's basically, as said, reverse Family Fortunes, but with the interesting twist of having to get the less popular answers. Which is pretty hard to get a 'pointless'.

Lewis246

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:33 pm    Author: Lewis246    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

I saw an episode of it on iPlayer today and really liked it, although it's quite dragged out. I'm not too bad at it either, and got two "pointless" answers playing along (Djibouti and Flying Pickets, in the episode with the £8k jackpot). Followed it up with two wrong answers and a high-scoring one though... :lol:

Also found out that the "pointless friend" is the executive producer of DoND.

Duffer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 am    Author: Duffer    Post subject: Re: Pointless.

Lewis246 wrote:

Also found out that the "pointless friend" is the executive producer of DoND.

Interesting to read that his brother is Mat Osman (ex of 90's Britpoppers Suede) as he, along with singer Brett Anderson, apparently went to Haywards Heath College which is the huge great building at the bottom of our garden...

[ 7 posts ] 
Deal or No Deal forum index » General Forums » TV - Films - MusicAll times are UTC [ DST ]