Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:01 pm Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 2:01 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:45 am    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject: Coming soon: Mega Deal!

Warnings: 0
Hello, everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I'd like to host the world's first-ever Mega Deal game (US version rules). In Mega Deal, you don't play for $1 million. You don't play for $2 million. Heck, you won't even be playing for $5 million. The top prize on Mega Deal is...

$10,000,000!!!

That's right! $10 million! The biggest prize ever offered in DoND message board history! We've taken all the normal amounts from the US version and multiplied them by 10, whch gives you 6 - that's right, 6 - chances at winning a seven-figure amount! How cool is that? We're now accepting contestants. First one to reply becomes our first player, and we'll start the game in a few days. So what are you waiting for? Apply today for your chance at winning a cool $10 million!

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:33 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

ok, but i cant play during the day. Unless im ill.

But yeah, i fancy winning a couple million $$$'s sometime soon :-D :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:06 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Okay, sounds good. PM me to let me know when you're available, as the tiem zones in Britain and Canada differ greatly. By the way, I see you've been playing a lot of DoND games here. Hopefully, we'll be able to add $10,000,000 to your already large stash of prize money :lol: .

J.R.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:21 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

I'm ready to play!

-Joe R.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:26 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Okay, so let's get this show on the road.

Hello, I'm Mark David, and welcome to another exciting installment of Deal or No Deal, television's richest game show. Normally, Howie Mandel would be welcoming you, but since we're family and all (I'm related to his wife, and no, I'm not making that up), I decided to do it over here. Tonight, just like every other night, we're going to hopefully make someone very rich; much richer than usual, to be precise. But we'll get to that later. Now, like Howie, I like to give people a reason to smile, but because I'm such a nice guy, I'll give you 26 reasons to smile. Ladies, please...

(DoND USA theme music plays, and the 26 models descend the giant staircase, numbered cases in hand.)

Mark: Hello, ladies!
Models: Hi, Mark!
God, I've always wanted to do that. What kind of guy hasn't? Anyway, as I said before, tonight, we're going to make one lucky person very rich, and possibly change their life forever. And that person is... J.R.!

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:28 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

Mark77 wrote:
Okay, sounds good. PM me to let me know when you're available, as the tiem zones in Britain and Canada differ greatly. By the way, I see you've been playing a lot of DoND games here. Hopefully, we'll be able to add $10,000,000 to your already large stash of prize money :lol: .

yeah, large stash of 1p coins and $0.01 coins :-D

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:12 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Well, I've got 7p in cash at home, if it makes you feel any better. Imagine that, a Canadian with 7p. When is the last time you saw one of those :-D ? You were originally first in line, so go ahead and pick your case (1 - 26). J.R., if you're reading this, your game will follow Daniel's as he originally asked to play first. So, what case will it be, sir?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

oh! Ok then, wasnt expecting to play, but hey i'll have....number 20 please :)

EDIT: actually, i changed my mind, i'll let JR play when hes ready

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:22 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

20 it is. Here we go. 6 to open, and we're using a quick-pick format here. Give me me your 6 selections. Oh, and here's what the board looks like:

$0.10
$10
$50
$100
$250
$500
$750
$1,000
$2,000
$3,000
$4,000
$5,000
$7,500
------------
$10,000
$50,000
$100,000
$250,000
$500,000
$750,000
$1,000,000
$2,000,000
$3,000,000
$4,000,000
$5,000,000
$7,500,000
$10,000,000

It's the USA board, only everything is multiplied by 10. Okay, now you can give me your 6 picks.

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:23 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

hmm, ok then, im back in. 13,26,25,12,6 and 3 please.

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

13, 26, 25, 12, 6 and 3...

13: $10,000.
26: $5,000.
25: 1,000,000. Not as bad as you think, because you still have 6 chances at winning a 7-figure amount.
12: $10 :) .
6: $750.
3: $250,000.

Not that bad of a round. Let's see what the Banker has to say.
(Phone rings)
Mark: Hola, El Banco. Okay, I'll tell him. Thanks.
You knocked out one of the Power 7, but you still kept the $10 mil in play. Therefore, you first offer is:

Bank Offer: $341,000

Like I said before, this is Mega Deal, and you're playing for mega money. It usually takes a long time to get an offer like that in the normal version. But because there are so many huge amounts on the board, it wouldn't make sense to make a 5-figure offer. So, daniel123, Deal or No Deal?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:37 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

yeah, thanks banker that is a VERY big sum, but no deal!!

could i have 1,2,4,8 and 16 next please

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:48 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

1, 2, 4, 8 and 16, eh? Methinks I may detect a system developing here :) . Let's see how you did.

1: $1,000.
2: $100,000. That's okay.
4: $250.
8: $3,000.
16: $50 :) .

Looks like the double number system worked very well for you. But what sayeth the Banker?
(Phone rings)
Hello? Uh-huh. Right. Okay, thanks again.
The offer went up, as you might have guessed. This time, it's:

Bank Offer: $528,000

A great offer for a great round. But, if you have any hopes of winning the $10 mil, you have to go all the way. The Banker thinks you don't have the guts to do that. So, daniel123, Deal or No Deal?

daniel123

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:51 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

no deal thanks, thats pocket change to me :-D :-D

er....im struggling now! :lol:

lets have 5,10,15,and 24

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

$528,000 wouldn't be considered pocket change in a regular game, but in this game, it sure is. Let's see if you can keep your streak up.

5: $7,500. So far, so good!
10: $50,000.
15: $3,000,000 :( . As bad as it may seem, you still have many big amounts left, and the $10,000,000 is still in play.
24: $2,000. That's better.

You lost another of the Power 7 in that round, but you managed to keep the 5 remaining ones in play. I wonder what the Banker will offer you this time...
(Phone rings)
Hello, Domino's Pizza. Just kidding, Mr. Banker. Mm-hm. I'll tell him. Cheers.
Well, the offer has gone up once again. You have 3 cases to open if you don't take this offer. The offer is:

Bank Offer: $599,000

Deal or No Deal?

daniel123

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:10 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

no deal, can i have a list of the amounts and box no's still in play please?

J.R.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:05 pm    Author: J.R.    Post subject:

(Quick clarification, I was going to play but I got sidetracked with some errands. But I can be Daniel's supporter on the virtual bench!)

Bench supporter: NO DEAL! NO DEAL! ALL THE WAY!! Woooo! :-D

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:10 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

Welcome back to Mega Deal where daniel123 has just turned down the bank's offer of $599,000 in order to open 3 more cases. Going into the next round, he's got a very strong board, with 5 of the Power 7 still left in play. Here's what the board looks like at this point, for those of you who are following along with us:

$0.10
$100
$500
$4,000
---------
$500,000
$750,000
$2,000,000
$4,000,000
$5,000,000
$7,500,000
$10,000,000

Daniel's still got 5 chances at winning a 7-figure amount, one of which he may have in his case. In addition, the $10 million is still in play, and that means that he's got a 1 in 12 chance of having that in his case. The again, the lowest amount, 10 cents, is also still in play, and there is a possibility that he may have that in his case as well. Will Daniel have the guts to go all the way and become one of the biggest winners in Deal history? We'll find out. 3 to open in this round, and Daniel is ready to choose his next 3 cases. Dan, as requested, here are the remaining cases:
7, 9, 11, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 (Yours is No. 20)
With that in mind, go ahead and give me your next 3 selections.

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:11 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject:
Forum Games Moderator

7,9,11 please! :crossfingers:

Dr. Hindsight

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:00 pm    Author: Dr. Hindsight    Post subject:

7, 9, and 11 it is. Good luck, my friend.
What we really want to see is $0.10...

7: Sarah, show us something small. Open the case...
$0.10!!! Yessss :D :D :D !!!
You sure know how to pick 'em, Dan! Let's see if you can continue your blue streak...

9: Particia, do your thing...
$100! It continues! Fantastic! One more to go...

11: Katie, you know what to do...
$5,000,000! :( D'oh! That's not what we wanted to see.

The good news is that you still have several high amounts left on the board, including the top prize. Here comes that all-important phone call...
(Phone rings.)
Hello, Mr. Banker. Yes, I'll tell him. Thanks again.
Okay, here's the situation. If you tun down this offer, you have only 2 cases to open. Even though you knocked out one of the big amounts, the offer did go up, mainly because you left several other large amounts, including the $10 million in play.

Bank Offer: $716,000

Wow, almost 3/4 of a million is up for grabs now, and it can all be yours if you hit this flashing button and say Deal. However, if you think you've got the $10 mil in your case, the only way to find out it to go all the way. So, with all of that in mind, daniel123, Deal or No Deal?

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]