Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:24 pm Last visit was: Wed May 01, 2024 12:24 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:58 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Warnings: 0
Hello, and welcome to the second week of "What Would You Really Do?"! Your host today is Mark! ...no, not that Mark. I, too, am named Mark. :suspect:

The rules are simple. Once per day I will post the next round of this game. You have until I post the next round to make a decision! If you forget to make one, or otherwise are incapable of posting for whatever reason, your decision will default to "No Deal", and, if it's the final round, "No Swap". If you deal, you are stuck with the amount that you won!

Absolutely no twists are in store (except for the Swap, which is guaranteed). That means: No changes to the offer once it's made (unless I goofed and added another 0... or something. :ponder: ). No one-box-at-a-time rounds. No Banker's Gambles. No looking in the box... er, well, I guess I already know the outcome of the game, so I guess technically I've already looked in the box. :smt009

Since I'm acting as both the independent adjudicator and the banker, there is a formula in place for determining the offers. It may or may not produce excellent offers. Hate the formula, not the banker, please. :smt023

(Maybe in the future, we can have a guest banker participate? Oooh, there's an idea!)

The leaderboard so far:

Net winnings/average per game (both are the same right now!)
1.) box11, daniel123, hogwild94, KP (£35,000)
5.) JoelDavies (£20,500)
6.) Archstered (£13,000)
7.) American Coupon Boy, Skyline (£5,000)

Banker spankings
1: box11, daniel123, hogwild94, KP
0: American Coupon Boy, Archstered, JoelDavies, Skyline

(Any suggestions on what else to include here?)

With that said, here we go!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:03 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Box 10 has been brought to the table today.

Round 1:

6 - £5,000

15 - £35,000 :?

22 - £3,000

20 - £10 :)

18 - £250

The 17-box configuration:

Banker time...

A new game brings with it a new offer formula. Will this one start as friendly as last week's?

Banker's offer:

£5,500

So... what would you REALLY do???

Deal or No Deal???

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:34 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

Well, in early 2006 that was decent; mid-2013, it's rather poor really.

I support the proposition of a guest banker; but I do think he/she'd have to be someone who wasn't playing, or at least if they were playing, to abstain from playing that particular game, just in the interests of fairness.

NO DEAL!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:58 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Absolutely NO DEAL. I also think there should be guest banker(s), as most of Saperogo's "formulas" will probably produce mostly mid-2008/mid-2013 CRAP offers and drive most to the end. I personally would make mid-2006 level offers, offering moderate offers at first and more generous ones towards the end (though not 2005 level ones).

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:09 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

American Coupon Boy wrote:
Absolutely NO DEAL. I also think there should be guest banker(s), as most of Saperogo's "formulas" will probably produce mostly mid-2008/mid-2013 CRAP offers and drive most to the end. I personally would make mid-2006 level offers, offering moderate offers at first and more generous ones towards the end (though not 2005 level ones).

Why is "formula" in quotes?

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Saperogo wrote:

Why is "formula" in quotes?

No offense to you personally, but they're not good formulas if they produce CRAP offers that would push the majority of this forum to the end.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:39 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Putting it in quotes makes you imply that you think they aren't really formulas. Bad formulas are still formulas.

This is one offer out of six. Please reserve your judgement on the utility of this formula until after you have seen the offers and the formula has been revealed.

(To be completely honest, part of this is to experiment whether I can come up with a pretty good means of developing offers. The only means of accomplishing this is to test this against humans.)

box11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:50 am    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

NO DEAL

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:19 am    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Saperogo, may I say, because clearly not everyone is capable of, thank you for taking the time to do this mini series for us. Much appreciated.

And I have faith that the formula will produce better offers later on.

No deal thank you!

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:41 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Yeah, thanks for producing this series for us. It's a really fun concept. :D

For now though, it's a NO DEAL.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Global Moderator

NO DEAL from me.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

It's the first offer... so a resounding No Deal.

Oh, American Coupon Boy... must you be a douche everywhere you go? :? :smt009

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:10 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Must you act like Daffy Duck all the time, Skyline? :blueponder

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

That's not really on par with the initial shot at you, as far as comebacks go, ACB. :lol:

And watch it, calling each other douchebags and, well, ducks :roll: :lol: . You're on my premises here, and I reserve the right to....er, edit your posts, because that's still as much as I actually can do....

IT IS still a nifty weapon I have at my disposal, however, for I can make it look as if you've said anything at all....so beware. :suspect:

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

Hang on....this is Skyline's forum as well. Smith, we are not above the law even here, you know. :smt018

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:35 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

Yep, indeed we have control over this forum... never knew that :lol: :smt100

Must you act like Daffy Duck all the time, Skyline? :blueponder

Nothing wrong with acting like good ol' Daffy, Coupon Boy. There is something wrong with criticiSing everything in an unfriendly way and thinking that everything he says is gold. Your tone of posts here are making you very unpopular here. Someone had to say it. :smt102

Last edited by Skyline on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blasted Google Chrome spell check set on American English :P

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

daniel123 wrote:
That's not really on par with the initial shot at you, as far as comebacks go, ACB. :lol:

And watch it, calling each other douchebags and, well, ducks :roll: :lol: . You're on my premises here, and I reserve the right to....er, edit your posts, because that's still as much as I actually can do....

Sorry, daniel123, but I'm not willing to stoop to Skyline's level as far as my language.

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:56 pm    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2
Forum Games Moderator

Wimp. :smt047
No, that's very good of you, ACB.

Now, let's stop the silliness on this thread.
American Coupon Boy, if you haven't anything nice or of any value to post, then don't bother posting. What you posted in the first instance was rude, uncalled for and just a waste of time, really. You could have put across what you wanted to say in a much nicer and less arrogant way.
Skyline, stop creating drama, this isn't EastEnders. I know you haven't slept for quite a bit of time due to your journey to Corsica, but there isn't any reason to get cranky.
daniel123, your presence amuses everyone, but this thread's gone off-topic. :smt023

So yeah, who deals the first offer? NO DEAL. Yes, I'm fully aware I already posted that.

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Oof. This is an interesting sequence of drama, here. But yes, let's keep this thread on-topic in terms of the game and let the wars wage in the Members' Off-Topic Area. :smt023

I want to be clear: I welcome feedback on how excellent or horrible the offers turn out being. But let's use constructive criticism instead of writing rude posts, okay? Unlike the real banker, the real players, and the real Noel, I can actually respond to actual logical arguments and learn what works well for making people deal and what doesn't. Being rude about it makes me less likely to listen to you. So please avoid being an ass about it. :smt023

With that said, let's continue with the game!

Round 1 results:

In live play
American Coupon Boy
Archstered
box11
daniel123
hogwild94
JoelDavies
Skyline

First offer was unanimously considered poor. Unfortunately the current formula has no feelings and is deaf to your words. :cry:

Round 2

8 - 10p :D

19 - £1,000

5 - £75,000 :(

Board at 14-box:

Banker time...

...uh oh. The banker has said he is actually not deaf at all and resents being told that his offers are crap!

Banker's offer:

£7,250

Oh dear... oh dear... oh dear... If you need me, I'm going to be some place where you can't find me. :smt100

So... what would you REALLY do???

Deal or No Deal???

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:28 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 2

Well thanks, but that's a NO DEAL from me, obviously. :D

[ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]