Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:41 pm Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:41 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:41 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

Warnings: 0
Righto then...

Would you like me to choose your box at random or would you like to select it?

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:48 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

I would like to select it, and I shall have box number 4 please. :)

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:55 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

Alright then, your first 5 boxes please. ;)

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:56 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

Wonderful. I'll have 3, 13, 15, 19 and 21, please!

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:00 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

Round 1

We've had a lot of low wins recently and disappointing finishes to games. Let's hope Daniel can turn it around...

3 - £1,000

13 - £15,000

I guess that's okay as long as the next few are lower.

15 - £250,000 :shock:

DAMN! We were all hoping you would be the first. :(

19 - £100,000 :shock: :shock:

That's just terrible luck! Surely, not an all RED opening round?!

21 - £35,000 :shock: :shock: :(

Now that has to be one of the worst opening rounds of all time! Let's hear from the Banker...

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:01 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

He's cackling down the phone already and it's only the first round! Noel reminds us that it's not how you start...

Banker's offer:

£600

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

Hmm. Food for thought. However, cause for optimism - I can't have ANOTHER all-red round, surely? :smt023 :D

£600 was expected, but rather poor. I command your respect, Banker. I've been here 7 years. I've earned it. :smt011 :P

NO DEAL!

In anticipation - I'll have 17, 5 and 7 next, please!

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:06 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

We're hoping it's not ANOTHER all red round here... But it's Deal, it could happen! The Banker calls and says that he respects no one. :evil:

Round 2

17 - 10p

Much, much better! Let's keep it going...

5 - £10,000

Ouch, not perfect, but not terrible. As long as the next one is low.

7 - £75,000 :shock: :(

I'm not looking forward to this, Banker time...

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

The Banker realises you're not here to be fooled around with and, although you've had two terrible rounds in a row, is prepared to show you some amount of respect. He's gone UP!

Banker's offer:

£2,000

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:09 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

Well, I in turn respect that Mr Banker, and I certainly respect the offer. It's very good considering the situation.

I still have every blue upwards of £50, plus four reds including £20,000 and £50,000, though. So 9 amounts which mean a lot to me; I'm confident we can steer clear of the reds from now on and it'll only get stronger from here.

NO DEAL!

11, 1 and....the other remaining odd, please.... :lol:

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:13 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

Shouts of encouragement from the pilgrims... Let's turn this around!

Round 3

11 - £500

Noel hopes this is the start of a 'blues cruise'.

1 - 1p :D

9 - £750

All blue round! :D Not a fantastic one, but an all blue round nonetheless...

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:15 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

The Banker is now sounding slightly worried after that all blue round. He doesn't speak - just quickly gives the offer and slams the phone down...

Banker's offer:

£4,700

Looks like he wants you out, and quick!

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:17 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

£4,700, yes, a good offer again. I'm mildly impressed, Banker. :smt023

The game is slightly more balanced now, but my work here is not done yet. Need to mould this into a stable 8-box, perhaps 5-box; this involves chipping off a few more blues.

On that basis, I'm going on at least another round, it's a NO DEAL!

I'll have 22, 20 and 18 next please.

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:20 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

He can't tell if you're brave, or just plain reckless... I doubt it's the latter. On we go!

Round 4

22 - 50p

Yes... Lots of enthusiasm from the other wingers, pilgrims and even Noel! :lol:

20 - £10

Surely, not ANOTHER all blue round?!

18 - £100 :D :-D

The Banker won't like that. Let's see what he has to say...

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

He's still quiet as a mouse, definitely not cackling now for sure. He says "Think about this, Daniel, because if it goes wrong, my generosity will be a thing of the past..."

Banker's offer:

£7,500

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:24 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

I'm well aware of how finely-balanced this game of ours is; never more so than here and now.

£7,500 is very, very good indeed. 76.62% of the mean at 8-box.

Well, I've brought it back to 4/4, so the recovery is complete I think. 76.62% of the mean is a lot to turn down; I think....

....I think I'm going to say....

....I'm actually going to continue. Against my instinctive reaction, it's a NO DEAL! :shock: :crossfingers:

I'll, er....I'll have 10, 12 and 14 next, please....

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

It's all about keeping those big two... Let's hope your bravery is rewarded and the Banker carries on with this amount of generosity.

Round 5

10 - £250 :D

Amazing. 7 blues in a row now! But can we keep it going?...

12 - £50 :shock:

This is simply fantastic... Hats off to you for this insane turnaround!

14 - £5,000

The incredible blue run comes to an end, but actually, that's perfectly fine. Banker time...

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

We're reminded of your 5 box board...

£1
£5

£3,000
£20,000
£50,000

The Banker is speechless, along with everyone else! He can't believe how good you have turned this seemingly disastrous game around, and he has one last trick up his sleeve to get you out of here...

Banker's offer:

£11,000

daniel123

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:32 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.
Forum Games Moderator

If I go on, will the Banker guarantee me £10,000 for keeping the £20,000? :smt023 :smt047

Joel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: daniel123 plays Deal or No Deal.

The Banker calls back and declares that £20k vs. a blue won't get you the average, but it will be close.

ALTHOUGH... Any red finish WILL get you the average. :shock:

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]