Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 2:25 am Last visit was: Sun May 05, 2024 2:25 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:59 pm    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Warnings: 0
Welcome to the first weekly game of WHAT WOULD YOU REALLY DO???!

This is a forum-wide weekly game where all participating members need to do is answer the question: Deal or No Deal?

...blah blah blah. We all know how Deal or No Deal works. ;)

What I will be doing is posting single rounds of an online game I played; one round per day. To be clear, that means:
  • Sunday: First five boxes, first (17-box) offer
  • Monday: Next three boxes, second (14-box) offer
  • Tuesday: Next three boxes, third (11-box) offer
  • Wednesday: Next three boxes, fourth (8-box) offer
  • Thursday: Next three boxes, fifth (5-box) offer
  • Friday: Next three boxes, sixth and final (2-box) offer
  • Saturday: Reveal what's in the box and determine who won which amount!

All that I would like out of you is a "Deal" or a "No Deal" after each round, posted in this thread. Realistically, I don't really need "No Deal"s as much, but it reassures me that people are actively playing. :) I'll interpret a lack of response as a "No Deal", but that doesn't mean people who don't participate automatically win what's in the box; you have to post a decision at least once over the course of the week in order to be counted.

This is for fun (for now, at least), but statistics will be provided telling of how much people won on average, how many times a person won the £250,000, number of banker spankings, etc. So do your best!

Some fine print:
  • The offers are produced by me, but done in an unbiased manner which will be revealed at the end of the week (in order to prevent people predicting what future offers would be).
  • Avoid ambiguous responses. If you post "I probably would deal this normally, but I might end up no dealing," that's not an adequate response! This opens the door to you saying "I'd have made (decision) and done better than you guys!" later. You will be penalized for such posts.
  • Please respond with your decisions by midnight BST (i.e., within 24 hours). I'll be posting the next round by around then, and any decisions for, say, round 3 made after round 4 is posted will not count (remember that no-response counts as "No Deal").
  • For now, no twists will be randomly thrown at you. I will always provide the option of swapping, though. No extra offers, Banker's Gambles, looking in the box (though I already know what's in it :? ), etc.! If this rule changes in the future, it will not affect the immediately upcoming game.
  • I am open to suggestions on how to improve this. Let me know what you think!

The first game begins with the next post! Good luck! :smt023

Last edited by daniel123 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Automtaically might not catch on in the Oxford Dictionary. Sorry for my pedanticism. That won't catch on either. ;)

Saperogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:03 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Box 13 was brought to the table today. Here we go...

19 - 50p :)

15 - £750

12 - £100,000 :(

20 - £1 :D

6 - £500

The board after the first five boxes:

Banker time...

Pretty decent opening round! Four blues are always great to see in the opening round.

Banker's offer:

£11,000

So... what would you REALLY do???

Deal or No Deal???

daniel123

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:23 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

I'll kick us off then! I've been eagerly anticipating this series, it has great potential. :D

I'm extremely unlikely to ever deal at the first offer. This is a very good opening offer though, even though the £100k going was balanced out by two of the Banker's P5 being found as well, which would naturally - we'd assume - give an increase in offer compared to if the Banker's P5 hadn't been touched.

£11,000 is very generous, but it's a fairly swift NO DEAL for me today. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Joel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 am    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

A generous offer, but you'd be a fool to deal at £11k with a board like that. So it's a NO DEAL from me. :D

Skyline

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:53 am    Author: Skyline    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

Uh, it's the first offer, so obviously NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:32 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Absolutely NO DEAL. Though if the real super-stingy Banker offered me that, I'd be tempted to deal.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

box11

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:17 pm    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Definite NO DEAL

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:59 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
International Forums Moderator

There's enough reds on that board for me to feel safe playing on here; NO DEAL.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:37 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Global Moderator

I'd go on here: NO DEAL.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:00 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Round 1 is over!

In live play
American Coupon Boy
box11
daniel123
hogwild94
KP
JoelDavies
Skyline

This is entirely expected. Who deals at the first offer, anyway? ;)

---

Round 2:

18 - £50,000 :(

Ouch.

1 - £250

16 - £15,000

The board at 14-box:

Banker time...

Hmmm. What to make of that round? Here's what the banker makes of it:

Banker's offer:

£10,500
:twisted:

Deal or No Deal???

daniel123

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:03 am    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

£10,500 is a decent offer given that round. I wouldn't offer that much. It's well placed, too, with only four above it.

It's a swift NO DEAL from me this morning, however. :smt023

Like Tom Hanks and his football on that island in 'Cast Away', it looks like it's just me and the bots here now. But that's alright, we're having a grand old time. Aren't we, Wilson? WILSOOOON?!

A few of us who were once part of the furniture, once stalwarts of the grand and extravagant, exuberant and thriving forum, have receded back into the walls, still faintly visible, still here as poignant, reminding relics of an era gone by; but most of us have vanished, forever immersed in the mists of time.

Joel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:01 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Slightly harsh there, but for me, I would personally never deal at the first or second offer. So it's an easy NO DEAL.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:49 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

I never deal the 2nd offer unless it's 1p Matty level generous now that Josh has already done it, so NO DEAL.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

box11

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm    Author: box11    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Easy NO DEAL

hogwild94

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:44 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Global Moderator

A NO DEAL for me here.

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

Saperogo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:03 am    Author: Saperogo    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Round 2 results:

In live play
American Coupon Boy
box11
daniel123
hogwild94
KP
JoelDavies
Skyline

No changes. Time to play on!

Round 3:

8 - 1p :D

17 - £5 :D

Could we possibly have the 1 in 364 perfect round???

3 - £1,000

Still good, though. :smt023

The 11-box board:

Banker time...

An excellent round produces an offer totaling...

Banker's offer:

£15,500

Deal or No Deal???

Joel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:27 pm    Author: Joel    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

No deal. Still too early for me here.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:27 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

I never Deal the 3rd offer unless it's over 75% of the average, so ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL. (and yes, daniel123, you could show me an 11 box of £250k and 10 blues and I'd still decline £15,000 on that)

daniel123

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:31 pm    Author: daniel123    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1
Forum Games Moderator

American Coupon Boy wrote:
I never Deal the 3rd offer unless it's over 75% of the average, so ABSOLUTELY NO DEAL. (and yes, daniel123, you could show me an 11 box of £250k and 10 blues and I'd still decline £15,000 on that)

Board:

1p
10p
50p
£1
£5
£10
£50
£100
£250
£500

£250,000

Banker's offer:

£17,107.94

ACB: "NO DEAL, PATHETIC OFFER, IT'S ONLY 74.999999999999999% OF THE AVERAGE AND I REFUSE, FLAT OUT STRAIGHT UP HANDS DOWN PANTS DOWN REFUSE TO DEAL ANYTHING BELOW 75% OF THE AVERAGE AT 11-BOX. SHOVE YOUR PATHETIC CHILDISH STINGY CRUEL AWFUL HORRIFIC PATHETIC 2008 OFFERS WHERE...."

:shock:

:ponder: It's a No Deal from me.

Archstered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:30 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: What Would You Really Do? Week 1

Only just found this... However I would have No Dealt all three offers so far...

[ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » All Other Series and GamesAll times are UTC [ DST ]