Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 3:44 am Last visit was: Fri May 17, 2024 3:44 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:24 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

Warnings: 0
**RING**

The Banker would like to stress to you that this offer is actually much better than it looks at face value. He urges you to think long and hard about what could happen in the next round and what he could be offering if you find one, or both of the top 2.

BANKER'S OFFER

£10,000

It's the top of your game - but is it enough at this stage for a deal?

JDGA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:29 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

Hey, a double-up! I suppose it's true that the board is getting more precarious now...
Then again, I'm not sure if £10k is quite enough to buy me out here, especially when there's just as little left on the blue side. NO DEAL!
Let's open 16, 17, and 20 to take us to 5-box. Hopefully they're good ones.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:35 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

We ALL want these to be good ones Leah. Well, apart from you know who!

Box 16-

£1,000

That's a great start

Box 17-

£100

Oh! You're right on the verge of making The Banker sit up and take A LOT of notice..

Box 20-

50p

Amazing! Absolutely sensational..

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:36 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

£5
£5,000
£10,000
£75,000
£100,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:37 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

**RING**

He didn't expect THAT! He says if he was being lazy, he'd just double up again, but because you only have ONE BLUE at 5 box in LIVE PLAY he has to work harder than that..

BANKER'S OFFER

£25,000

JDGA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

THERE we go!
I think...
Well, there's a 30% disaster chance, but also a 60% chance of £5k guaranteed if I play on. Of course, there's also a 40% chance of my having one of the mega sums up on the board.

...all things considered, I think I'd have to keep both of the top two to get a significantly better offer, and that requires the 10% perfect round. I'll take the DEAL, and hopefully this doesn't end up as a squander.
Boxes 3, 9, and 6 next, leaving 4 to the end.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

It's a DEAL for £25,000!

This could be a very sweet Banker Spanking..

Box 3-

£75,000

There's one of them - now the 100k!

Box 9-

£10,000

Nope, but if it's in 6, you'd have had the worst possible round! Show us the £100,000 in Box 6.. Please!

Box 6-

£5,000

Well, it would have left £5 v £100,000

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

£5 v £100,000

**RING**

After a slow start to the game,t his would have ended up being a very dramatic climax!

It still could be, he said..

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S GAMBLE

Hand him back your £25,000 and he'll let you open either Box 2 OR Box 4....

JDGA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:01 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

Hah!
It's tempting...
...too tempting. DEAL, NO SWAP.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:04 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

She's gone for it! :shock: :shock:

Well here we are! You decided to bail out for £25,000 at 5 box and was then offered the chance to come back into live play by The Banker to win either a fiver of £100,000...

Leah, that was a very brave decision you've just made.. I so want this to work out for you. Best of luck..

Aaron won £100,000 from SWAPPING a few games ago, I hope you've won £100,000 from NOT swapping.

Box 2-

£5

Nooooooooooo!!!

Box 4-

£100,000

You were a swap away :(

JDGA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm    Author: JDGA    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

...ouch.
Should have known that leaving 4 to the end was important.
Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

Archstered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:06 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341

Leah dealt for £25,000 but gave it back to The Banker! He's really surfing the crest of a very big wave at the moment.

Leah, I'm very sorry, but you leave the game with just £5.

WOW.. We always imagine the Banker's Gamble to work out, there's something special about having the chance to come back into live play after a deal, but today, it wasn't to be for Leah.

Maybe next time someone will teach the Banker a lesson, after all, in the last two game he's only had to pay out £7.50!

Until the next game, goodbye.

KP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Leah plays Archstered's DoND 341
International Forums Moderator

What an amazing ending. I'm not sure what I'd have done at either of the last two offer points, but I have a feeling it would have been what Leah did...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]