Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 pm Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 3:54 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:21 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

Warnings: 0
I'm not sure what I would do here. The lack of an 8 box offer makes this board quite difficult to play. :? :ponder:

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339
International Forums Moderator

That's a step up alright.

It's deceptively dangerous already. I could play on to 5-box and get some genuine leverage over the Banker, but would I even have the board to make that matter? It's by no means a given.

This is the sort of board where I keep thinking that 11-box offers are better than they look. I feel like I genuinely have to commit to six boxes if I am to play on... and I don't want to do that, so DEAL.

Would have opened all six without the button to get that leverage, so 7, 9, 15, 11, 19, 21.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

It's a DEAL for £16,000! The next call from The Banker would have been at 5 box, so let's get to that point..

Box 7-

£110,000

It's already looking like a good deal!

Box 9-

£3,300

Box 15-

50p

Box 11-

£500

This is a good run of low value boxes.. Two more to find the 275k.

Box 19-

£5

And would this last box have cemented your power over The Banker?

Box 21-

£1

It sure would have done! The final 5 boxes of that round would have been amazing for you!

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:26 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

£10

£750

£5,500

£38,500

£275,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:27 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

**RING**

He can't quite get over that in another game, the top box would have stayed to at least 5 box. With you having the offer button still to use, he would have DOUBLED your deal.

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£32,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

I was right about the leverage, just had things go more blue-heavy than I expected! That happens. I'd have opened 5 and reassessed then.

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:31 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

You really need this to be the £275,000 or this proveout becomes even more uncomfortable.

Box 5-

£750

That would have been a great start and your Button or Box decision would have been..?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

...tough. :smt046

With no BB in this format, though, I'd have gone for 3 and then buttoned it. If there was a BB I'd have stopped here with a view to potentially taking an offer above £35k.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

Is 3 going to let you off of the hook?

Box 3-

£5,500

Absolutely not...

**OFFER BUTTON**

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:36 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

£10

£38,500

£275,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:37 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

**RING**

He is LOVING this! With an average pf over £100,000 and having paid out vast sums of money in the last couple of games, it would have been an offer of..

BANKER'S OFFER
WOULD'VE BEEN

£64,000

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:38 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

You can't play assuming things like this will keep happening (or that they won't :P ) - nice escape for the Banker here, he's taken some punishment of late so he can have this one.

Box 1.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

I think The Banker will be happy whatever the end of this game throws up.

Box 1-

£275,000

And you Offer Button made that proveout much much worse than it should have been.

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

£10 v £38,500

**RING**

He said the icing on this cake would be for you to take a tenner to Box 23. He doesn't expect you to take this, but... worth a shot!

BANKER'S OFFER

BANKER'S GAMBLE

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:42 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

You certainly can't complain about the twists not having an effect on that game! :shock:

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:43 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

The old classic: offering the undeal on a blue/"£35k" finish after a mid-range Deal, knowing it will never ever be taken.

Bit pointless when I've already "squandered" more than that though, surely? :smt046

NO DEAL, I'm keeping my £16k just as he thought I would. Hypo swap would have been accepted, not that I'm too fussed either way. The important thing is that I had a game that had disaster potential, and I didn't get a disaster.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

Some players would have taken the gamble to use Box 23 to hopefully double up and take the most out of their game - but did you do something smart in this game by not taking it?

The swap would have bought Box 17 to the table, and it contained..

Box 17-

£38,500

13 had £10

Now to Box 23, which, I highly doubt you'll take!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:47 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

Because of the QUARTER we added due to the pre game twists, your #MoneyMenu doesn't look that great

BOX 23 JACKPOT (£20,000) = £36,000
DOUBLE = £32,000
MONEY BACK = £16,000
-£5,000 = £11,000
HALF = £8,000
QUARTER = £4,000
NOTHING

But the choice is still yours. With £16,000, would you like to buy Box 23, Deal or No Deal?

KP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:48 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

The choice is mine, and the choice is trivial. NO DEAL, hypo 7 just because it can be ;)

The weakness of the Box 23 setup was part of why I dealt at 11-box, to be honest. There was such a flimsy path to a bailout from it, so the danger of a crash was magnified. With a stronger Box 23, I'd have been much more willing to play on.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:50 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: KP plays Archstered's DoND 339

You'd have selected Option 7;

List Randomizer
There were 7 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

BOX 23 JACKPOT (£20,000) = £36,000
QUARTER = £4,000
DOUBLE = £32,000
HALF = £8,000
NOTHING
-£5,000 = £11,000
MONEY BACK = £16,000
IP: 86.133.47.182
Timestamp: 2018-02-18 21:46:30 UTC

[ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]