Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:25 am Last visit was: Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:25 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:05 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Warnings: 0
Good Evening and welcome to Babushka! The game in which our ten Babushka Dolls could earn our contestants a fortune. Will tonight's player have what it takes to go for our Jackpot Babushka and take home tens of thousands.. If not HUNDRED'S OF THOUSANDS!? I do hope so.

Please welcome, Hunter Williams!

Hunter, thanks ever so much for joining us tonight, now from your accent I guess you're not from round these parts, tell me where you're from and a bit more about your interest in game shows

Well I'm from the good U. S. of A. and I love Game shows. My first experience in game shows was watching Wheel of Fortune and Hollywood Squares every night with my mom. Ever since, I've been hooked on them.

It sounds as tough game shows have great memories for you and you can make some fantastic memories tonight if you win big
Now, if you were lucky enough to win £35,000, what would you do with the money?

I would love to buy a new car. There's a Mercedes Benz I've been eyeing, but never could afford.

Well I hope the mercedes will become a reality, rather than a dream by the end of the game. Hunter, before I explain the rules, let's meet the ten Babushka's which will hopefully become your friends this evening..

THEY ARE!

Babushka Nigel!
Babushka Hugh!
Babushka Joanna!
Babushka Cameron!
Babushka Noel!
Babushka Philip!
Babushka Holly!
Babushka Yvette!
Babushka Fern!
and..
Babushka Cilla!

So, those are the Babushka dolls which hide the money.. How much money, well let's see.

Two of the Babushka's contain £500.
A further two hide £5,000.
The 5th and 6th have inside them as much as £10,000.
Dolls 7 and 8 are hiding £25,000.
Somewhere out there is a £50,000 Babushka!
And.. We have the tenth Babushka which is our JACKPOT Babushka. Now, this is a random, whole thousand amount between £100,000 and £500,000. It's decided at random thanks to our friends at random.org, so.. Time for the BIG reveal.

How much is our JACKPOT Babushka worth tonight?

I'm gonna guess maybe £250,000?

**£289,000!**

WHOA!

The aim of the game is to BANK as much money as possible by playing through 8 Babushka's. Whatever money you have in your bank after the 8 will go through to the final round where you could win up-to 1000% of your accumilated total.

Yes. 1000%...

I will ask you to select a Bubushka to play with and then you'll be asked a question. The question is a poll which was asked to 100 people. All our polls are genuine and were carried out by a team of verifiers. You will have to predict whether the answer is HIGHER or LOWER than 50. So 50 is your base. If you answer HIGHER or LOWER correctly, you get to play that Babushka to try and BANK as much cash as you can. Get it WRONG and we waste whatever was inside the Babushka AND whatever accumulated cash will instantly be halved.

If when playing a Babushka in live play (After answering correctly) and you hit a blank (An empty Babushka by playing to far), you'll gain NOTHING from that babushka and whatever accumulated cash will be halved.

Okay.

Something else to keep in mind are the three lifelines available to you.

These are..

-SWITCH- Meaning we'll switch the Question and ask you a new one.

-80/20- We'll change the starting number to your question to 80, hopefully making it easier to get correct

-PEEK- You can have a peek at the next level of a Babushka, hoping to see more cash inside with NO downside if it's empty. This cannot be used on the 8th babushka.

You can use each of these only once.

If you understand, shall we play Babushka?

Yes!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:07 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Alright! So, please select your first Babushka you'd like to play with

Well in honor of the host of a now-defunct game show featuring boxes and an unseen banker, Babushka Noel, please!

Ok! Babushka Noel is lit up ready to be played with, you'll get to if you answer this question correctly..

We asked 100 Vets..
"Under any circumstances would you be prepared to carry out an operation on a human being?"..
How many vets said YES?..

So, is the answer HIGHER or LOWER than 50?

I'm going to say LOWER than 50 simply because I don't think that vets would be accustomed to human surgery.

LOWER than 50.. Good luck!

**74**
The answer was higher, so we have to waste whatever Noel was hiding.

We know he has £500, show us.
**£500**
But did he contain £5,000?
**£5,000**
He did.
If that's all, it's ok..
**£10,000**
Noel.. Please stop there..
**£25,000**
:O
Did Noel contain £50k?
**£0**
So, Noel held £25,000 which has left the game

BANK: £0

JACKPOT
£50,000
-
£25,000
£10,000
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
£500
£500

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

We've still got a long way to go, so don't worry too much yet! Your 2nd Babushka please..

Babushka Holly, please.

Holly is ready if this question gets answered correctly, good luck.

We asked 100 clergymen..
"If you dreamed about a horse winning a horse race, would you put a bet on it?"
How many clergymen said YES?

I'd go LOWER than 50, because I don't think clergymen would be the kind of people to bet on a horse, even if they dreamt about it.

Lower than 50..

**28**
Right to go lower! And your first Babushka comes into play!

Holly, we know you contain at least £500, show us!
**£500**

There it is, now Hunter, would you like to push your luck for £5,000? Stay or Play?

I'll play.

Come on Babushka Holly, PLEASE show us £5,000...

**£5,000**
Yes!

So, you could BANK £5,000 now OR play on hoping she has £10,000... STAY or PLAY?

Tough decision. I think I'll... PLAY.

Going on again! Holly.. Hunter would be VERY pleased if you show him 10k..

**£10,000**
Great news!

You're three levels up, are you pushing your luck again? For £25,000, do you wish to stay or play?

I'm gonna STAY.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Sticking with your £10,000, but could you have had more?

**£25,000**
Holly had 25k, but was she going to reveal £50,000?

**£0**
No!

You stopped one to early, but that's alright!

BANK: £10,000

JACKPOT
£50,000
-
-
£10,000
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
£500
£500

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Now time to select your 3rd Babushka

Okay, Babushka Joanna, please.

Joanna will be yours to play with is you get this right.

We asked 100 pet shop owners..
"If you put animals in your window during mating season, do you think it would attract more customers?"
How many shop owners said YES?..

HIGHER than 50. Mating season would probably be the best time for them to put the animals in the window.

Going for HIGHER..

**41**
It was lower, which means you lose half of your bank.. You also lose whatever Joanna had inside of her, lets find out.

£500
There's the 500..

**£5,000**

**£10,000**

Now, if we see £25,000 next, we know she had AT LEAST £50,000....

Please, no more!

**£0**
Phew!

BANK: £5,000

JACKPOT
£50,000
-
-
-
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
£500
£500
Big gap there between the last 10k and £50,000!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:13 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

So, we're three Babushka's in and Hunter has £5,000 in his bank. There's still a lot more to play for though! Join us for part two, right after this break!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:17 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Welcome back to the second part of this weeks Babushka. Before the break, Hunter gave me the wrong answer to his third question, which meant his BANK was halved to £5,000.

Now we're reaching the half way stage. Your FOURTH Babushka now, please

Babushka Fern, please, Archie.

Alright! Here's your question

We asked 100 11-14 year olds..
"Do you approve of the way your mother dresses?"
How many 11-14 year old's said YES?..

I think I'd like to use the SWITCH. I couldn't answer that if I tried.

Alright, you're using your SWITCH. The answer to that question was...

**85**

Here's your second question

We asked 100 people..
"Have you ever spend more than £100 on a single item of clothing?"
How many people said YES?..

I'm going to say HIGHER than 50. Clothing can be expensive these days.

HIGHER than 50. The answer is..

**10**
A lot LOWER.

Unfortunately, that's another question wrong.. We waste Fern and her cash value.

**£500**

**£0**
She only had £500!

BANK: £2,500

JACKPOT
£50,000
-
-
-
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
-
£500

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:19 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Now time to select your 5th Babushka please

Babushka Cilla, please.

Great! Here's the question

We asked 100 people..
"Would you hire a plumber who showed up for work at your house driving a rolls royce?"
How many people said YES?..

I'd say... LOWER than 50. A Rolls-Royce doesn't quite fit the image of a plumber.

Ok! LOWER than 50, are you right?

**58**
It was close, but you were wrong again, Hunter..

All we can hope for now is that Cilla contained a small sum of money..

**£500**
There's the 500..

**£0**
And that was it!

That's great new Hunter, now every Babushka contains at least £5,000!

BANK: £1,250

JACKPOT
£50,000
-
-
-
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
-
-

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:23 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

So it may seem we're in a bad situation, but with three Babushka's to go, we could take a huge amount of money through to the final round. Let's not forget your Jackpot is worth £289,000. Your SIXTH Babushka now..

Babushka Hugh, please.

Alright! PLEASE get this question right..

We asked 100 driving instructors..
"Have you ever taken a pupil to your car, only to find you have locked yourself out?"
How many instructors said YES?

80/20, please.

Ok. That leaves your PEEK as the only lifeline left. Hunter, is it HIGHER or LOWER than 80?

LOWER than 80. Driving instructors are very careful to keep the door to their car unlocked.

Lower than 80

**11**
Right to go lower, however, you needn't have used the 80/20!

Now, Hugh, we know you have 500
**£500**

And we know you have £5k..
**£5,000**

Now Hunter, do you think Babushka Hugh contains £10,000? Would you like to STAY or PLAY?

I'll PLAY.

Playing for 10k! Hugh, please show us exactly that..

**£10,000**
Yes!

Now this is a very interesting scenario. If you decide to PLAY and Hugh reveals £25,000, we know he contains at least £50,000.. It's a big £40,000 jump, but does Hugh contain it? A reminder that you have your PEEK at your disposal too.

I'll PLAY and I'll PEEK.

So to confirm, would you like to PLAY first, hope we see the 25k for £50,000 then PEEK to see if you've selected the Babushka with the JACKPOT, or are you PEEKing now, to see if High contains £50,000?

I'll play first.

OK!

Hugh.. Hunter could have used his PEEK here to keep that £10,000 safe, but if you have £25,000... This could be going all the way up to the Jackpot..

SHOW US 25K...

**£25,000**

FANTASTIC!
This is what we've been waiting for in this game!
Now, WE KNOW Hugh has £50k!

**£50,000**

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:25 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

You've made it all the way to £50,000! To confirm, are you NOW using your PEEK?

YES! C'mon, Jackpot!

The peek has been used so you have NO lifelines left. If Hugh shows us the Jackpot next, boy oh boy have you done something VERY special..

C'mon Hugh..

AFTER THE BREAK

What a moment to leave the game! Has Hunter discovered the home of his Jackpot? Either way, he's adding mega money to his bank.
You won't want to miss a second of the action here on in! See you for part three very soon!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:27 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

Welcome Back to this weeks Babushka! When we left you before the break, Hunter was just about to see if he has found tonight's JACKPOT. If he has, he'll be adding £289,000 to his BANK. If not, because he has used his PEEK, he'll still add £50,000 to that BANK. Either way, a great Babushka for him.

Which is it to be?

Have you found your Jackpot?

**JACKPOT**

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugh does indeed contain the JACKPOT! And with two Babushka's to choose from left, you've managed to go all the way with Hugh and grab it!

We add £289,000 to your BANK...

BANK: £290,250

-
£50,000
-
-
£10,000
£5,000
£5,000
-
-

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:30 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

I think where we are now, Hunter, you should be thinking about holding onto the money in your BANK, rather than trying to add to it. Answering a question wrongly would HALVE your BANK, so be careful. We're two Babushka's away from the final round, please select your 7th Babushka..

Babushka Yvette!

Alright.. Here comes the question

We asked 100 married men..
"After you became engaged, did you have one last fling before the wedding?"
How many men said YES?..

LOWER than 50. Men wouldn't be that stupid.

I so hope you're right, Hunter.. LOWER than 50.. Please...

**30**
YE-HAW! You're right!!

Play wisely, here..

**£500**

**£5,000**

So, there's the £5,000 we know Yvette has, but is there more? Do you want to chance it? You lose half of your total if you stumble upon a £0.. Do you want to STAY or PLAY?

I'm staying!

And we don't blame you! Was there more from Yvette?

**£0**
No! Exactly the right call!

BANK: £295,250

-
£50,000
-
-
-
£10,000
-
£5,000
-
-
-

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:32 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

One. More. Babushka.

Babushka Philip

Ok.. You know how important it is to get this right. This is your last question.

We asked 100 pensioners..
"Which would you rather be, a penniless 20 year old or a 50 year old Millionaire?"..
How many pensioners said a PENNILESS 20 YEAR OLD?

I'll go LOWER than 50.

Ok. If you're right and Bank the £5k, you'll take just over 300k through to the final round, giving you a potential win tonight of over £3,000,000, the largest cash prize ever given away on British television.

If you're wrong, we halve the £295,250 to £147,625.

Which is it to be?

LOWER than 50 you say..

**73**
But it was higher.

NOT by any means a disaster, just a bit disappointing. Just to clear the main body of the game up. Philip, what did you have?

**£500**
**£5,000**
**£10,000**
**£25,000**
**£50,000**
**£0**

And Nigel?
**£500**
**£5,000**
**£0**

And finally, Cameron
**£500**
**£5,000**
**£10,000**
**£0**

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:33 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

So, Hunter is taking through the largest amount of money to the final round so far. £147,625 is his base amount, which he could lose all of, or possibly x by 10. We could create a millionaire tonight.

How brave will he be?

One thing is for sure, you'll all want to follow this final round.

it's coming up in a few minutes!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

We're back and I knew you would be too.

What a final round we have here..

The 10 Babushka's you played with earlier have been cleared of cash and now contain only one thing inside them. Either a GOLD Babushka or a BLACK Babushka.

NINE of our Babushka's contain GOLD, while only ONE of the Babushka's hold BLACK.

For each GOLD Babushka you find, your total winnings will go up. Let's see the percentage ladder, remembering we're working with the money you have brought through from the main game..

1000%
500%
400%
300%
200%
100%
50%
30%
10%

Each GOLD Babushka you find will see you step up that ladder. After each Babushka you open, you'll be asked whether you'd like to STAY and take home the money accumulated or PLAY hoping to find another GOLD Babushka.

Here's the only snag.

If at any point you find the BLACK Babushka, you will lose EVERYTHING and leave the game empty handed...

Are those rules clear?

Yes.

Alright, so the first % is worth £14,762.50p. Which Babushka are you hoping to see GOLD in?

Babushka Noel.

---
Ok. Noel, don't end this before it's even begun. Show us GOLD.

**GOLD**

Great! You can walk away with that now, or you can play on for 30%, which is worth £44,287.50p. So Hunter, STAY or PLAY?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:40 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

PLAY.

And which Babushka would you like to open next?

Babushka Hugh.

This is for over £44,000. Hugh, please show Hunter his second GOLD..

**GOLD**

Yes!!!
It's easy to forget the huge sums of money we're talking about here, but that gold means you can walk away now with £44,287.50p... If you'd like..

OR

You may decide you'd like to play on as your next gold is worth £73,812.50. Is the reward worth the risk? Hunter, STAY or PLAY?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:41 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

I want a Mercedes. I'm gonna PLAY.

Brave choice. Which Babushka?

Babushka Fern

We've seen two gold's already. There's only one BLACK Babushka to avoid..Hopefully it's not Fern.Fern, for £73,812.50, do YOU have GOLD?

**GOLD**

YES!

Are we there with what you want to take home or are you going to push it again? The next GOLD Babushka would take you back to your BANK total which you brought through from the main game and is worth £147,625. STAY or PLAY?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:43 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

I'm gonna PLAY.

Knowing you could lose over £73,000, you've decided to play for Gold #4 with the help of who?

Babushka Cilla.

These Babushka's are of course filled at random, but was it staring you in the face? Was it Cilla Black?

**GOLD**

NO! Which means Hunter, you now have £147,625!!!

But with every GOLD, there's another potential uplift!

Do you want to take home £147,625 OR does the fact one more gold would double that to £295,250 mean you're going to push your luck again?

This is the only show in the UK at the moment which is offering prize money like this..

Are you going to STAY or PLAY?

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:44 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

I'm going to...

PLAY!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E04

I'm shocked and excited and nervous and everything else you can imagine!

To confirm Hunter, you're no longer taking away £147,625. You're opening ANOTHER Babushka to either go home with NOTHING or you'll increase again to a monumental £295,250. Which Babushka do you think will get you there?

Babushka Cameron.

I have everything crossed for you, Hunter. The atmosphere here is actually electric.. A brave, brave contestant. Is he about to reap the rewards?

**GOLD**

You've got it!!!!

With the help of Babushka Cameron, You NOW have £295,250!!!!!!

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]