Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 pm Last visit was: Tue May 14, 2024 6:07 pm

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Warnings: 0
David made a big tactical error not taking a risk on his first correct Babushka. I probably would've tried for the £25,000 on it as you really have nothing to lose in this game until you start banking money.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

I really want you to do well tonight. You've made a great comeback from the start you had, don't ruin things now. Which Babushka are you selecting as your seventh?

Noel

Noel is ready! Please get this question correct..

We asked 100 men
"If you were asked to be best man at a nudest's wedding, would you do it?"
How many men said YES?

LOWER

It really is vital you get this question correct, otherwise your BANK will be halved..
PLEASE be LOWER than 50..

**43**

Great!!

Yay!

Babushka Noel, don't hang around. Show us your 500!
**£500**
AND the 5k..
**£5,000**
There we go!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:09 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Now.. If you decide to stay, you'll BANK the £5,000 and that'll take your total to £17,500. Or you could play and see if Noel contains £10,000?

David, STAY or PLAY?

PLAY

We're going on! Getting quite tense now.. It's important we take as much money through to the final round as possible.
Noel. PLEASE show us £10,000....

**£10,000**

GET IN!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Once again, if you play on and we see 25k, we know Noel contains the £50,000. Do you want to STAY or PLAY?

STAY now! Bank the 10 grand.

Great! That's another £10,000 banked and it takes your total to £22,500 with one Babushka left to play
Although... Should you have played Noel one more time?

**£0**

No! You managed to play the perfect Babushka!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:10 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

BANK: £22,500

-
£50,000
-
-
-
-
£5,000
£5,000
-
-

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Now onto your final babushka, you can choose either Cameron, Philip or Holly.

Holly

Holly has been locked in. I can't stress enough how important this question is. Here it comes.

We asked 100 topless dancers..
"Which do you find more attractive - a shy man or an aggressive man?"
How many dancers said they find a SHY man more attractive?

It's a pure guess, but it'll have to be HIGHER.. come on..

If you have answered correctly, this would be such an incredible comeback. I so so hope it is higher than 50. Good luck..

**55**

JUST IN!

Holly...
Show us your £500
**£500**
And the £5k!
**£5,000**
Now you have a mega decision.

If you stop now, your Bank will be £27,500 going into the final round. Play on and see £0, your bank will be halved to £11,250.. Actually not a disaster. If we see £50,000, going into the final round, your BANK will stand at £72,500, meaning your potential winnings tonight could be £725,000...
A huge decision, good luck with what you do.
David. STAY or PLAY?

Well, the more money taken through to the final round the easier it is to win big, so... PLAY!!!

Wow! Your bravery here is astonishing. I really do hope that's the right decision. If Holly shows us £10,000, we know she's got £50k!
Holly... open up and PLEASE show us £10,000!.. After the break ;)

DO NOT GO ANYWHERE! Will David be lucky and take over £70,000 through to the final round!? We'll find out in a few minutes! The final part of Babushka, coming right up.

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:29 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

A big welcome back to the final part of tonight's Babushka. Before we stopped for a break, David decided to PLAY the final Babushka and is hoping to see £10,000. If he does, he'll be taking £72,500 through to the final round, if not, his current BANK will be halved.

Here we go, are we about to see the £10,000?

**£10,000**
YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

YAY! Thank goodness for that!

Don't stop there!
**£25,000**
And the next one!
**£50,000**
You've made it all the way to £50,000! Now to confirm, STAY or PLAY?

STAY!

Just to confirm...
**£0**

Your BANK going into the final round contains £72,500. Wow...
We know Philip and Cameron both contained £5,000
It's now time for what could be a MEGA final round..

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:30 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

The 10 Babushka's you played with earlier have been cleared of cash and now contain only one thing inside them. Either a GOLD Babushka or a BLACK Babushka.
NINE of our Babushka's contain GOLD, while only ONE of the Babushka's hold BLACK.
For each GOLD Babushka you find, your total winnings will go up. Let's see the percentage ladder, remembering we're working with the money you have brought through from the main game..

1000%
500%
400%
300%
200%
100%
50%
30%
10%

Each GOLD Babushka you find will see you step up that ladder. After each Babushka you open, you'll be asked whether you'd like to STAY and take home the money accumulated or PLAY hoping to find another GOLD Babushka.

Here's the only snag.

If at any point you find the BLACK Babushka, you will lose EVERYTHING and leave the game empty handed...

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:32 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Are those rules clear?

Yes! What a great opportunity this could be.

1000% = £725,000
500% = £362,500
400% = £290,000
300% = £217,500
200% = £145,000
100% = £72,500
50% = £36,250
30% = £21,750
10% = £7,250

That's your money tree tonight, a truly mammoth mountain of cash.

For 10% of your BANK, which Babushka would you like to open first?

Cilla

Hoping Cilla doesn't have Black for 10% of your BANK...

**GOLD**

She doesn't!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:34 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

If you wish, you could STAY and take home £7,250 now. However, one more gold and you're total will rise to £21,750
STAY or PLAY?

PLAY.. And I'll go for Cameron, please.

Huge sums of money are floating around. I hope we don't end here.
Babushka Cameron, please show us gold..

**GOLD**

Only two Babushka's opened and already you can STAY and take home £21,750. Or.. you could PLAY and try to reach £36,250, 50% of your BANK. Just one more GOLD gets you there

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:35 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

£21,750 is a lot, however, I'd like to at least reach the money I brought through. PLAY - Fern

We spoke at the very beginning of this weeks Babushka and I asked what you'd do with £25,000. This GOLD is worth over £36,000...

If it is gold...
Is it?
Babushka Fern. Show us.

**GOLD**

YES IT IS!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:38 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

I will remind you at this point, that if you play and find a black, you leave the game with nothing.
You have so far found three golds and you have climbed to £36,250. If you decide to play and find your fourth gold, you'll get back to your take through money of £72,500.. So, It's question time.
STAY or PLAY?

I have to PLAY
Philip

David, I'm hoping you've made the right decision and keep us on track... It would be ever so painful if you lost now..

For £72,500. Babushka Philip, do YOU contain gold!?

**GOLD**

He sure does! This is excellent!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:41 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

This is where things get very, very interesting. You are now adding one gold at a time worth £72,500 to the total.. Unless you want to stop.
A fifth GOLD will net you £145,000. Are you going to PLAY for it or STAY with the £72,500 you've earned so far?

I didn't expect to win nearly as much as this a few questions into the game, so I'll very happily STAY!

A huge congratulations David, you held your nerve and got back what you took through to this final round and you leave with £72,500!
Of course, we all want to know if you could have won more..
Please tell us which Babushka you would have selected next

YVETTE

Would Yvette have doubled your money?
**GOLD**
yes she would have!
Would have taken you to £145,000..

Oops..

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:42 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

The 6th gold would have been worth £217,500. Would you have found it?

HOLLY would have been my choice

Holly, we now need to see Black. Put us out of our misery!
**GOLD**
Another gold!

NOEL next..

£217,500 would have been 300% of your BANK..
Now in this position you'd have the chance to proceed again. This time to 400% and £290,000

Statistically, you should have found the BLACK by now. Hopefully it lies with Noel!
**GOLD**
It doesn't!!
This is very uncomfortable!!
You lost your Jackpot Babushka very early in the game, and at this point you would have been two gold babushka's away from £725,000....... Absolutely remarkable. This is what makes this game so intense!
The EIGHTH Gold is worth 500% of your BANK... £362,500 could have been yours if you pick another gold

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

I really hope JOANNA contains the black Babushka.

Joanna... Don't make this more painful than it already is
Quickly open up!!
**GOLD**
David... Your luck really would have stuck into this final round

Oh no! If only I were more brave I could have done so much more with the money!

Two Babushka's remain. Babushka Nigel and Babushka Hugh. One of those contain a BLACK and one contains a GOLD. If you select the final GOLD Babushka, tonight you would have hot the top and walked away with 1000% of your BANK.

NIGEL...

Nigel. If you contain GOLD, David would have left the studio tonight with £725,000 and one of Britain's biggest every TV show winners
Did you have the final gold which would have changed his life forever?

**BLACK**

Nigel was hiding the black! What a time to find it!
Which means Hugh had the last gold!

Oh thank goodness!

Archstered

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:47 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

Well well well. What a rollercoaster that was!
You did an amazing job coming back from answering your first three questions wrong and you are taking home a truly stupendous £72,500. What will that money mean for your future?

Yes it really was! I would like to go back and visit the places I have been with my good friend, Steve. We went to Turkey and all over America. It would be great to do that again.. Maybe in the campervan I'll convert!

There we have it! David managed not only to hold his n on his final Babushka of the main game and bank that extra £50,000, but managed to keep hold of it in the final round by surviving four golds before calling it a night. We can either look back and say he should have been a lot more brave OR congratulate him on his stonking win. I'll do the latter, but what do you think? Could you hold your nerve and push your luck?

Join us next time for more Babushka. the show where it's what's inside that counts. Goodnight!

KP

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 10:07 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01
International Forums Moderator

What a brilliant rally at the end. I'm not surprised he didn't risk it further - though I think I'd have gone one more to get to six figures. Really interesting decisions when the money is that big though...!

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

StatsMan

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:08 am    Author: StatsMan    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

I might've known a format such as Babushka would bring me back to the forum after all these months! :lol: A poor person's DOND really... I've seen it a couple of times, it seems to be based largely on blind luck, the lifelines don't seem strong enough to impart any real skill on the game. Sure, with increased money you can can add more jeopardy, and this was a more interesting version. But perhaps with a few tweaks of the money ladder and the lifelines, they could make a better show:

Have the money tree as £0/£0/£500/£500/£1k/£1k/£5k/£5k/£10k/£25k

Have the lifelines as:
1. INSURANCE - Play before picking your next Babushka doll, if you ultimately reveal nothing, your overall bank will only be HALVED instead of completely wiped out

2. BANK - Play before picking your next Babushka doll, the value of this doll will stay in your bank until the endgame guaranteed.

3. DOUBLE - Double the value of your next Babushka doll, BUT if you reveal nothing, lose your entire bank.

I'm not at all keen on the DOUBLE/BUST choice at the end currently with the dolls - this might work better with 3 dolls, one containing GOLD to quadruple your bank. But you don't necessarily need that to get a more strategic game...

Biggest Pilgrim Game Wins:

Marlene - 21 July 2013: £118,000
Gill - 23 March 2014: £75,000
Tony - 24 April 2012: £72,000
Lee - 4 April 2013: £48,000
Tommy & Jen - 26 & 27 Mar 2013 :O - £45,000! :O :O

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:13 am    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: BABUSHKA S01 E01

A really great format, though I agree with Statsman that the endgame needs tweaking.

I have a solution on how tweak it:

Number the Babushkas 1 to 10. Ask one last survey question where only 10 people were polled. You pick the Banushkas one by one as before with the same money tree, but if you pick the number that is the answer to the survey question you lose everything.

It adds a bit of skill to an otherwise crap-shoot endgame.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]