Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 1:04 am Last visit was: Mon May 06, 2024 1:04 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close on 21 June 2024 (extended deadline). More info here.

Deal or No Deal will return for a new series later in 2024.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:41 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

Warnings: 0
I've forgotten my first six boxes, that's irrelevant now. I'm playing a £50k game and I'm well on my way. Another good offer, but NO DEAL!

13, 3 and 12 next please!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

Another "good" offer turned down! Hopefully you won't regret that in three boxes time.

Box 13-

£5,000

Again, keeping away from the block! TWO blues now, please!

Box 3-

£20,000

Bad box. If this next box is red, you've gotten a one box game. Make it blue, you'll have reached 5 box with 2 of the power 5.

Box 12-

1p :box: :box:

THAT box has now gone!

BT

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:44 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

£50
£100
£750

£35,000
£50,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:46 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

**RING**

He said, do a 100% PERFECT round now and he'll offer you £43,000. He's also assured me that there will be NO chance of a Banker's Gamble.. So don't deal expecting the chance to come back into live play.

BANKER'S OFFER

£13,000

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:47 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

He's trying to bait me to go on even though he's given a really good offer... But I think I'm confident in going for this, NO DEAL!

20, 22 and 2 to finish please!

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:52 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

You have a 30% chance of crashing to a blue..

You have a 70% chance of being safe...

You have a 10% chance of pure bliss.

WHICH percentage are you going to get?

Box 20-

£50

Great start. One step closer to a £35,000 minimum win.

Box 22-

£100

TWO steps in, only one to go!

Have you completed the PERFECT round at the PERFECT time?

Have you got a £35k/£50k climax?

I REALLY want this to be the 750.

Box 2-

£35,000

All that build up but it's not to be..

£750 v £50,000! What a climax..

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:53 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

**RING**

What a game, Aaron. He's congratulating you on your resolve. He's wondering what position we'd have been in if he didn't offer the swap earlier. We'd either have had a £750/50k/75k 3 box OR a 35k/50k/75k 3 box.

Anyway, that's the ifs and buts, this is now.

And NOW your offer is..

BANKER'S OFFER

£19,016

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

Is it that inconcievable that, after hitting the £250k and £100k in the first round, I'd have swapped £75k for £50k?! If that offer was £20k I would have said Deal but because of the craziness of this situation, I have to go for it - NO DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:56 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245
International Forums Moderator

I'd have gone at £10k, lol. Aaron's been rewarded for risky play so far...

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:04 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

NO DEAL from you and shocks from us.

You're either about to end our red run in spectacular style OR win £50,000 in the most amazing way. either/or.. this has been some game and we won't forget it for a very long time.

Aaron. This series has given us some shocks and surprises recently. Some crashes and mega wins. This is no exception.

Classic deal can create the ultimate tension without the gimmicks, this proves that. But the question is, have you got £50,000?

Good luck, Aaron. Good Luck.

Box 16-

£750

GAH! £750 :(

Box 10-

£50,000

Archstered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:05 pm    Author: Archstered    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

After taking on The Banker all game, finding the top 2 in the opening round, swapping away the £75,000 at the opening offer.. Aaron played all the way, after having numerous chances to get out with great offers - to crash to just £750.

Well, until net time.. Goodbye.

Aaron Brock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:07 pm    Author: Aaron Brock    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245

If you're gonna do it, do it in style! I had to decide early on that I was going to play for the big money because it's difficult to get there in these sorts of games - never mind, I've had a brilliant run recently! Thanks Archie :smt023

KP

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:53 pm    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Aaron plays Archstered's DoND 245
International Forums Moderator

It almost worked amazingly! Great game ;)

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

[ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Deal or No Deal forum index » DoND Activities, Games & Quizzes Forums » UK & Worldwide Forum Series » Archstered's SeriesAll times are UTC [ DST ]