Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am Last visit was: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:02 am

Contestant applications for Deal or No Deal close soon on 3 May 2024. More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 219  Next

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Warnings: 0
Oh my gosh, I've just realised it's nearly 7 YEARS since £250k Laura! :shock:

Fan of classic rock and metal

psychokiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:38 am    Author: psychokiller    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Hello, age.

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:14 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Happy 7th Anniversary to £250k Laura! :box:

Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:17 pm    Author: Mark    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

...which only seems like 5 minutes ago since it happened.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...
Global Moderator

A year ago today was Gary's game, which was one of the most topsy-turvy of the year: an opening offer of 1p, then a reasonable £12,500, then NOTHING due to Gary ignoring the Banker, then a very generous return to £12,500, before an equally generous £20,000, which Gary was allowed to come up with himself, was dealt for the fourth OPW in five games!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:43 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

hogwild94 wrote:
A year ago today was Gary's game, which was one of the most topsy-turvy of the year: an opening offer of 1p, then a reasonable £12,500, then NOTHING due to Gary ignoring the Banker, then a very generous return to £12,500, before an equally generous £20,000, which Gary was allowed to come up with himself, was dealt for the fourth OPW in five games!

If only the Banker was nearly as generous now as he was back then. :roll: :smt011 CURSE YOU, IRIS!!!!!!!!!!! :smt019 :smt019

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:23 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...
Global Moderator

Today's game reminded me that it's two years since James Trigg's historic game, in which he achieved the first (and thus far only) ALL-RED 8-BOX! :D :-D :smt023

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:39 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

hogwild94 wrote:
Today's game reminded me that it's two years since James Trigg's historic game, in which he achieved the first (and thus far only) ALL-RED 8-BOX! :D :-D :smt023

I'm surprised no one has ever done the inverse and had 2 red rounds to start the game, especially considering 4 contestants were one box away from doing so last year.

The next series begins immediately after the premiere of the Deal or No Deal revival.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...
Global Moderator

Well, it's now a whole year since Steve rescued an apparent trainwreck, and turned his game around to a £10k-£20k final two! :D :smt023

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:33 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

hogwild94 wrote:
Well, it's now a whole year since Steve rescued an apparent trainwreck, and turned his game around to a £10k-£20k final two! :D :smt023

And he dealt the mean of £15,000. It's been a while since the Banker has offered 100% of the mean.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:05 pm    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...
Global Moderator

BankerSpanker wrote:
hogwild94 wrote:

And he dealt the mean of £15,000. It's been a while since the Banker has offered 100% of the mean.

On a finish like that, he doesn't have much of a choice. If it were me, I'd always offer the average on such a close finish like that, unless the player is an obvious targetist, like Martin from the LIVE shows.

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:57 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

We've had a few games with talking points on this date:

3 years since Tracey dealt at £10,000, and then, desperate for an 'exciting' finish, the producers intervened by bringing about the mini-box gimmick and a chance for Tracey to double her money or lose it all.

They basically forced her to take the gamble, by giving her more chances to pick the box which had 'Double' in it, which she did. Her first 2 boxes said 'NOTHING', but luckily, Tracey found the 'DOUBLE' box on her last try and doubled her winnings to £20,000!

The twist just didn't work in my opinion. But above all else, I just hated the fact that they basically bullied Tracey into gambling money that she was already happy with, and it just reeked of desperation for a good ending.

Other landmark games on this date were £50k Shell's game 4 year ago, (Don't worry James1978, i haven't forgotten you!) the legendary Stuart aka VENTRESS 7 years ago, and i never saw Terry's game 8 years ago, but it sounded like a good one as he got a healthy OPW from dealing at £24,500 at 5-box

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:20 am    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Oh wow, it's really been 3 years since those mini boxes? That was one of the worst gimmicks ever. All you had to do was pick the same number three times. There's no way they'd have put NOTHING in the same 3 boxes.

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:15 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

BankerSpanker wrote:
Oh wow, it's really been 3 years since those mini boxes? That was one of the worst gimmicks ever. All you had to do was pick the same number three times. There's no way they'd have put NOTHING in the same 3 boxes.

Of course since then they came up Box 23, which in a way is a harder variant on that twist. ;)

hogwild94

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:58 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...
Global Moderator

It's now three years since Jenna dealt a weak offer of £24,000 on a 5-box of the Top 2, £20k and two blues, before having the worst possible proveout, and ending up with the Dream Finish!

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:19 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Jenna's game was so ironic happening the day after the controversies of Tracey's game. First, a player gets bullied into gambling money they're happy with and succeeds (All because of the producers' desperation for a feel-good ending). And the next day, a cautious deal followed by the proveout gone badly wrong!

It's 8 years since £33k Julie & 7 years since Psychic Sarah too! :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Next week will be the third anniversary of a certain 'go for it' player! ;)

JamesJMH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:50 am    Author: JamesJMH91    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

4 years since poor old Debbie had a trainwreck of a game, dealing for 13p on a 10p/50p ending! :( :-D

1 year since i was given a warning for my strongly-worded rant in the "What irritates you?" thread, just thought i'd add that in :cry: :eyes: :P P.S It should be "Overseas call centres with their telemarketing and surveys drivel", not "Overseas call centres with their telemarketing and surveys", it doesn't flow :roll:

Also, 5 years since Carl's game, where he played a £100k-strong game on a precarious board and kept the £100k to 2-box, where he dealt at £21,500, only to find he did have the big money! This was also the debut of Stat Man Daniel Judge, who was a huge character both on the show and on the forums (A lot of the February 09 players posted here at the time. Sigh....those were the days), and one of the best statspersons in DoND history

Can you beleive it's been FIVE YEARS since the likes of Stat Man Daniel, Walter, Ade, Clare-Louise, Alfonso, Melissa etc. were on the wings???!! Where does time go?! :shock: :shock:

BankerSpanker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:00 pm    Author: BankerSpanker    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

Last year, Trev was having what looked like was going to be a trainwreck when he took out several big reds in the first 4 rounds. At 8-box, he had a £75,000/£10,000/£1,000/5 blue board and declined a very derisory offer of £2,100. Luckily he had the best possible round after that by taking out the lowest 3 blues. The Banker made a very generous offer of £9,000 which Trev dealt at. He made the right decision as he would have wiped out all the remaining reds! :D

American Coupon Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:08 pm    Author: American Coupon Boy    Post subject: Re: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7 Years Since...

JamesJMH91 wrote:
Also, 5 years since Carl's game, where he played a £100k-strong game on a precarious board and kept the £100k to 2-box, where he dealt at £21,500, only to find he did have the big money! This was also the debut of Stat Man Daniel Judge, who was a huge character both on the show and on the forums (A lot of the February 09 players posted here at the time. Sigh....those were the days), and one of the best statspersons in DoND history

Can you beleive it's been FIVE YEARS since the likes of Stat Man Daniel, Walter, Ade, Clare-Louise, Alfonso, Melissa etc. were on the wings???!! Where does time go?! :shock: :shock:

Thank goodness Daniel was on the wings 5 years ago, for if it wasn't for him the Banker may have continued making mid-2008 HORRIBLE offers down to this day.

Sadly, the show is too stingy nowadays to have a Stat Man on the wings, as they generally force the Banker to be more generous with his offers. :roll: In fact, I think the last Stat Man on the wings was Marc from November 2011. If any current contestant is reading this, please consider adopting a Stats Man/Woman persona, as I promise that will get both you and your fellow wingers better offers.

[ 4374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 181, 182, 183, 184, 185, 186, 187 ... 219  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal ContestantsAll times are UTC [ DST ]