Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.

Deal Or No Deal
Deal or No Deal Fansite and Forum: Welcome to DOND, the home of Deal or No Deal fans.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am Last visit was: Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 am

Contestant applications for the 2024 filming of Deal or No Deal are now OPEN! More info here.

New user? Register to join in! Returning user? Login (or reset your password).

Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:05 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)
International Forums Moderator

Warnings: 0
Noel starts with a recap of Neil's game, and then basically outright tells the player to go to the end! Maybe I'm glad this stayed in the can.

Here comes Amanda! Amanda Williams, housewife from Neath, preceding the Wales trope. She wants to set up a business.

Budding comedienne and singer. "How often do you perform?" Opens mouth, laughter from all. Oh she sings at karaoke and that's it.

I introduced utility theory to the forums. Blame me.
In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

This introduction is dissolving into innuendo. Thankfully Amanda ends it by asking "Housekeeping?" She has box 8, and we begin!

In your choices, beware of words leading you astray. Think in a balanced way about potential gains and losses.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:08 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Box 9 (Adie) - £250,000!

Amanda seems to almost be laughing it off.

Box 11 (Sarah) - £10

Box 2 (Jaye) - £500

These old game board labels look odd.

Box 20 (Simon) - £35,000
Amanda shrugs it off completely.

Box 18 (Ian) - £750

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Noel anticipates a tough encounter after a "bruising" start. Amanda reads a groanworthy and badly scanning poem. Which gets applauded, obviously.

He'd have returned the "compliment" with a poem about Amanda, but can only think of "panda" for a rhyme. Oh he does come up with something. It was actually better than Amanda did.

OFFER £5,500

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:14 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

No wonder they cut to statman Med applauding that one.

Amanda talks of the number of blues left to justify a NO DEAL for some reason.

Round two.

Box 14 (Anna-Marie) - £1
"Pound, that's a good one."

Box 19 (David) - £10,000
Pilgrims give it the silent treatment.

12 and 21 are meaningless. Amanda anticipates the then obligatory 15-box break.

We edit out the LTL, that's one thing we'll never see.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:17 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Delicate position, says Noel as we return.

Box 21 (Joey) - £20,000
Baby-faced assassin even in the hidden episode.

Amanda says as long as the top three remain she's still in the game. The pilgrims like that.

Banker admits a mistake? Hello? He's lured players on after bad starts and now...

OFFER £12,500

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:18 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Amanda turns to Ned. "Don't expect them to go up a lot." It's almost like he wants her to Deal but knows she won't!

He knows what's coming anyway, NO DEAL.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:20 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Box 4 (Brian, called "Seth" by Amanda!) - £50,000
"Inevitable," says Amanda, and I start to wish Ned had told her to take £12,500.

Nox 7 (Ingerlise) - £100
Now why didn't she have that in her game?

A pre-opening hug before...

Box 1 (Maggie) - £75,000
Oh

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:21 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Noel calls it all or nothing. "Gonna have to go all the way now," Amanda says. This was recorded in autumn 2006, and flip does it show.

OFFER £7,500

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

"That's actually quite a good offer," says Amanda with staggering understatement.

Chumbawumba quoted, "I don't need a sweep" declared, NO DEAL made, Noel delighted.

Round 4

Box 5 (Neil?) - £5

Box 12 (Ned) - £1,000

Box 16 (Wrighty) considered... Then committed to, via an anecdote about her changing her mind on a meal which then proved to be disgusting (never change your mind)... Then an overwrought break link...

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:27 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Wrighty is the newbie. Cold open on the Challenge edit...

Box 16 (Wrighty) - £50

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Amanda "knows" she's going away with a large amount of money. Presumably because she's going to get ridiculous generosity here if that last one was any guide.

OFFER £13,500

Indeed.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:30 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Quick exchange with Ned.

Someone else calls for her to decide after counting to ten.

In terms of the big money, Noel points out, "it's been a one-box game for a while."

She thinks, she clearly wants to gamble, and... DEAL!

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Noel calls for decimation.

Box 10 (Shed) - £250

Box 15 (Margaret) - £3,000

Wrong red. Noel gets out the "not good enough" line.

Box 13 (Lynsey) - £5,000

Amanda says something told her to go on but was scared to.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

The LTL closure caption hasn't been edited out.

HYPOTHETICAL £22,500

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Noel is hilariously hypocritical saying that if she'd have gone with her claim to go to the end she'd, erm, have got a better offer. Lol.

Box (? - Danny) - £15,000

Noel on full on hyperbole guilt trip mode now.

Box 22 (?) - 50p

Box 3 (Maggie) - 1p

Amanda looks shocked.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:36 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

HYPOTHETICAL £43,500

Only in context is that even halfway justifiable.

Why the flip is Noel asking her what she'd have done when a) it's screamingly obvious, b) she said she'd have taken 5-box?

Noel opens 8 and reveals 10p. Guilt trip over.

KP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 am    Author: KP    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

OK, the guilt trip didn't end. And ironically it is Donna who reveals £100k in the final box which I also missed.

Amanda feels good because £100k could have gone at any time, and is genuinely pleased with the £13,500.

And that's your spreadsheet filled in!

MisterAl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 am    Author: MisterAl    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)

Brilliant. Thank you very much.

hogwild94

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 am    Author: hogwild94    Post subject: Re: Unaired Game 312 (Amanda)
Global Moderator

Well, what a historic moment for DoND: the famous missing show is finally shown! :smt023

I still remember the day this should have gone out. I watched the show back then, but didn't 'follow' it like I do now, and I was really confused about why a repeat was being shown!

Check out SLUDGE for original, non-cover rock music!

[ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Deal or No Deal forum index » UK DoND Forums » Deal or No Deal Show Commentaries & Discussion » DoND Show Repeats on ChallengeAll times are UTC [ DST ]